"Cleandustrial" - now wall-mounted

You should get the Industrial Noctua fans just to make this build really industrial haha.

Is that a computer or a jet engine? Why not both?

Beautiful.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

You should get the Industrial Noctua fans just to make this build really industrial haha.

I wanted lower RPMs. On Idle these run under 300rpm according to my mobo.

Beautiful.

Thank you!

I've ordered the glass side panels and the 2nd pump+top+res tower. I may get them on the next weekend.

In the mean time I've been thinking about copper tubing, again... but still looks odd on a render. (even with copper colored reservoirs).

copper-tubes_zpsmizokjho.jpg

I would love to work with copper but would stick out a bit to my taste. I could make more bends and use only straight compression fittings which would be a win for me. Also maybe soldering some angles for tighter corners if it were the case. Maybe I could paint the copper tubes?

Aaand I could not find 1000mm long (12/10mm) PETG tubing in the EU so far. 500mm won't cut my longest run and I don't like the look of fittings in all corners (also a waste of money). Using only one on the longest run is also a no go to me (it would be right up in your face and be ostentatious). Also I'm not sure which is the smallest radius a tube like this  could be bent without noticable kinking.
So I'm kind of stuck with the tubing. Fortunately I don't have the money for it right now so I have time to think about it. Any suggestion is welcome!

• 2 weeks later...

So... I went with the copper tubing idea. The amount of money I save not using 90° rotating fittings is about 70-80 euros which was more than enough to buy all the copper tubing and the small 90° corner pieces and soldering stuff.

One package I got:

IMAG0355_zpsopykq2uu.jpg

I like this small fittings:

IMAG0354_zpspf0sjoop.jpg

Here's a "painted copper tube" test render. I kind of like it:

012_zpsw8476shd.jpg

The 2nd water tower:

IMAG0338_zps5ssbn6uq.jpg

The glass sides are on. You can barely see them on a picture:

IMAG0340_zpsyounea8t.jpg

IMAG0343_zpsbkkyuv9x.jpg

And the only almost complete cable management (only the SSDs):

IMAG0346_zpskqekpqsi.jpg

Now I need to save money for the compression fittings and black&white liquid (probably Mayhems pastel).
Until then I hopefully will drag myself to do something with the cables...

Plain copper would look amazing if you polished the copper. Nice and shiny.

Maybe find a way to plumb a drain and fill line, gate valves on each for that added industrial feel, and maybe a T junction somewhere with a temp gauge on it.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

This is a beautiful build, love the industrial look and personally think that bare copper would look stunning but each to his own.

that cable management! wow nice idea.

Thank you!

Plain copper would look amazing if you polished the copper. Nice and shiny.

Maybe find a way to plumb a drain and fill line, gate valves on each for that added industrial feel, and maybe a T junction somewhere with a temp gauge on it.

I will polish the tubes  and will see how it looks. I won't paint them right away.

I don't plan on adding a temp gauge.

Thank you!

This is a beautiful build, love the industrial look and personally think that bare copper would look stunning but each to his own.

Thank you! We will see how it looks with simple copper tubes and decide then if I want to keep them or paint them.

wow, wish i had the skill and will to build a case like this myself.

wanna build a tiny atx case with no excessive space

Cpu: Intel i7-5930k Mobo: Asus Rampage V Extreme Ram: G.skill Ripjaws 4 4x4gb 2666mhz Gpu: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming 
PSU: Evga Supernova G2 850W Storage: Samsung 850 Pro SSD 512gb Case: Phanteks P400S CPUcooler: Corsair H110 OS: Win 8.1

• 4 weeks later...

wow, wish i had the skill and will to build a case like this myself.

wanna build a tiny atx case with no excessive space

Well, this is not my first time building something. You should always start with something smaller. Like adding a window to a case. Or lights. Or throwing out unnecessary parts. Also you need a LOT of patience and tools as well. Good luck if you every decide to start building your own. Plan ahead and be safe!

On other news: I might be able to order the fittings in the next weeks which will be a big step forward. I could make the whole tubing and turn the single loop into the intended double. (Still didn't work on the cables because no time...)

• 2 weeks later...

I've got my most anticipated package, with the fittings and coolant fluid inside:

IMAG0401_zpsnn2l6f74.jpg

IMAG0403_zpsdlvz4u56.jpg

The copper tube fits nicely inside:

IMAG0405_zpshhromr5g.jpg

Black&White fuild:
IMAG0404_zpsbnnc9jdm.jpg

Also a month ago or so I've got feets for the case. They were made from a single aluminium rod with a lathe:

IMAG0382_zpszlucaxml.jpg

I glued in the rubbers to the little "pockets". They give 1 or 2 mm space under the solid part.
Look like this on top of each other:
IMAG0393_zps11alnliq.jpg

And under the case:
IMAG0396_zps412auq40.jpg

Tomorrow I'll start putting together the tubing. Hopefully will be done in one or two days.

Here's a sneak peak of what I ended up with after 24 hours of work in 2 days:

IMAG0445_zpszg0s8yus.jpg

And heres another bunch of awful pictures:

IMAG0409_zpsd1y30hpj.jpg

IMAG0431_zpsom3sp4n0.jpg

IMAG0430_zpscfwakwdq.jpg

IMAG0439_zpsq8oxo4ti.jpg

IMAG0440_zpsri6z14px.jpg

IMAG0443_zpssh1hpjzi.jpg

IMAG0449_zpsccvzhmvw.jpg

This was my first time soldering copper pipes and any hardline tubing in a PC. It was fiddly as hell. The first 3-4 hours was spent on tearing down the previous loop and cleaning/flushing the blocks a bit.
I also still had to finish the cables for the 2nd pump.
Even though it was a hell of a job, I'm glad I choose copper over acrylic. I would not be able to make such tight corners with anything else. Sometimes I even had to cut a bit off from the copper elbows/fittings, like the right one comming out of the CPU block.
Just as I finished I got a phone call and a good opportunity came up to get the 2nd SSD and the other 2x4GB of RAM so I went for it. I only saved a few bucks but still worth it. Not that I REALLY need those parts.
As I was building the loops, the pump towers had to come a bit closer to the motherboard, so the holes under them (to change the speed of the pumps) became off and visible. I probably have another, 2 piece bottom part, so that I could take the smaller part off to change speed if I want to, and it will also be good if I want to drain the loops since there's a plug right after the pumps. I didn't have money for fancy taps this time. They are frickin' expensive. The bigger bottom part, under the mobo could stay on and hold the video card. But this option will give me a line on the floor panel.
Next steps will be:

- put in SSD and RAM

- finishing the cable "harnesses"

- make the 2 piece floor panel

- take apart the whole  shebang
- paint the tubes black&white
- sand (and buff?) the aluminium parts, give them a clear coat

- sleeve the cables

- put in the thermal sensor for the GPU  (that should control the fans of the GPU rad)

- put back together
And who knows what comes along the way.

• 7 months later...

Hello

I know I haven't updated this topic in ages. The PC is still in the same stage. I haven't got round to finish up my cables or painting the tubes.
But now I'm thinking about laying evrything flat on a frame and hang it on my wall. That way I would not have a huge box under my desk, also I could see it all the time.
So I'm trying to find a good layout.

First layout plan:

002_zpsjhvblpmm.jpg

I'm not happy with the mobo turned 90° but The other way I tried ended up being too big.

On 2/25/2016 at 7:40 PM, namivanmar said:

First layout plan:

002_zpsjhvblpmm.jpg

I'm not happy with the mobo turned 90° but The other way I tried ended up being too big.

I'm planning a build similar to yours, just started the other day, and I'm thinking about using grey smoky glass, like this stuff; http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/60223823/#/60142657

Hopefully nothing goes wrong :D

Followed

27 minutes ago, Blu said:

I'm planning a build similar to yours, just started the other day, and I'm thinking about using grey smoky glass, like this stuff; http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/60223823/#/60142657

Hopefully nothing goes wrong :D

Followed

Thanks and good luck with the build!
Smoky glass looks nice, but I'd like everything to be more visible, I guess. And get some kind of safety glass if you can.

Also I'm working on another layout but I'm still not sure. There are parts in both that I like and parts that I don't.

Just now, namivanmar said:

but I'd like everything to be more visible

Surely if it's wall-mounted on glass it would be visible? :D

Best of luck with your build as well, hopefully you get it all sorted :D 

The plan so far:

005_zpsjxrvp6xc.jpg

I've rotated the motherboard and added a channel for the cables which also helps supporting the graphics card.
The little box on the lower right corner is for the power button, USBs and the place for the fan hub PCB.

Size: 750 x 680 x 140mm (29,5 x 26,7 x 5,5")

It looks very nice. What did you use to render the image?

CPU: 2x Xeon E5 2670 Motherboard: ASRock EP2C602-4L/D16,  RAM: 64GB of 1333 MHz mermory from Samsung (ECC),  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070,  Case: NZXT Switch 810, Storage: Samsug EVO 250GB and 500GB, 3x3 TB and 1x1TB  HDD  PSU: Corsair RM 850,  Mouse: Logitech MX Master 2s,  Headset: Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO black edition (80 ohm), OS: UnRaid with two VMs and Plex 

17 hours ago, DieselWeasel said:

It looks very nice. What did you use to render the image?

It's not a "real render", just a screencap of 3dsmax viewport (3Ds Max Design. I downloaded the graph. card from somewhere, the mobo is a mock-up, and all the other parts I've done in SolidWorks and then imported into 3dsmax) I don't like messing around with materials and textures. Also I dont want a photorealistic picture, it's just about figuring out dimensions and stuff.

• 1 month later...

sooo. almost 2 weeks without a PC but its running again.

When I started taking apart the case, I've noticed I had a leak. Now I know where all my fluid went slowly. The only good thing is that it was the front rad, not the top one.

And the issue was not even a solder joint. Simply a hole in the brass:

IMAG0699_zpsiprljxas.jpg

After months of leaking:

IMAG0701_zpsg9i6bcqr.jpg

I've soldered it and had it run for days to check if its OK. So far so good. Thankfully I've fixed quite a few radiators like this, only bigger ones from old cars and tracktors :)

Also, the little foamy-filtery-thingie that's given for the EK reservoirs crumbled. But only the (newer) one that was in my pure black coolant (mayhems). I wanted to keep on going with the black and white coolant but the shop told me that black stuff is discontinued... maybe it caused other issues as well?

IMAG0726_zpsr55v8sjs.jpg

My older filter in the white fluid (running for years) became weak as well so I got rid of it, too.

All the holes in the baseplate:

IMAG0728_zpsvt2nayhk.jpg

IMAG0734_zpsy6gf2trq.jpg

cool shadows, bro'IMAG0716_zpsbmnsjwyb.jpg:

A few tubes are ready:

IMAG0749_zpsi8cunlef.jpg

test start on the floor:

IMAG0757_zps6zthpssm.jpg

and on the wall:

IMAG0761_zps0cp85zkb.jpg

I still need to finish up the cover plates for all the cables and for the "front I/O" box, but it's usable now.

The only problem I have is the water pump noise gets amplified by the big sheet of aluminium. The right one would touch the plate, so I put in a tiny sheet of rubber but it's not damping anything probably. I need to fix it somehow.