Best crash game?

Phoenix70

Back when consoles were better than PCs for gaming, an awesome series was born under the title of Crash Bandicoot
What do you think is the best title in that series?

I vote for either Crash 2 or Crash team racing :D
OOOOR crash bash if I am with 3 other friends around

That game was str8 baller bruh. I liked the ones on PS1. Think it was Crash Bandicoot 1, 2 and Warped.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

That game was str8 baller bruh. I liked the ones on PS1. Think it was Crash Bandicoot 1, 2 and Warped.

it was 1 crash 1,2,warped,ctr and bash

My vote has to go towards Crash 2; I tend to 100% it on a yearly basis. 1 didn't have nearly as refined controls and 3 tends to get on my nerves with the vehicle levels. CTR and Crash Bash were also fantastic games.

My vote has to go towards Crash 2; I tend to 100% it on a yearly basis. 1 didn't have nearly as refined controls and 3 tends to get on my nerves with the vehicle levels. CTR and Crash Bash were also fantastic games.

wanna discuss this a bit? none of my friends play crash and ive always wanted to have a crash talk xD

I agree that 1 had bad controls and that bash and ctr were fantastic and now for crash 2 and 3... 

Crash 3 in my opinion is the better overall game due to improved graphics,platforming, much better bosses and power ups.. i like the soundtrack and set fields (jungles for example, which warped and CTR lacked :( ) and also the warp rooms were much better xD

wanna discuss this a bit? none of my friends play crash and ive always wanted to have a crash talk xD

I agree that 1 had bad controls and that bash and ctr were fantastic and now for crash 2 and 3... 

Crash 3 in my opinion is the better overall game due to improved graphics,platforming, much better bosses and power ups.. i like the soundtrack and set fields (jungles for example, which warped and CTR lacked :( ) and also the warp rooms were much better xD

I don't necessarily mind 2's graphics but yeah 3 had slightly better graphics.

Boss wise I think that 3 also had better boss fights (especially compared to the atrocious final boss of 2) But boss fights to me don't matter as much for the overall experience since they are such a small part of the game.

Power ups didn't seem to add much to the gameplay with the exception of double jump and the tornado spin. I felt like the super belly flop was unnecessary (Why not give that to us from the start?) and the bazooka was for the most part a gimmick. the crash dash power up I'm indifferent since it isn't really necessary, but added another level to the time trials.

The main reason I like 2 more than 3 is the level design difference. Excluding the jet pack levels in 2, The levels to me seemed to stick with the original Crash Bandicoot style but with refined controls. I think I would like 3 more if it didn't have so many different types of levels.

In 2 the level types that I can think of are: normal platforming, polar bear riding, the boulder chase, and jet pack.

In 3 the level types are: Normal platforming (which some times included the dinosaur chase in the level), swimming, jet ski, plane, tiger riding, and racing.

If 3 didn't have the jet ski, racing, and flying levels I would like it more, but those weren't very fun getting the box gem in (especially the racing levels) and ended up being more of a pain than a challenge.

To me the added features in 3 just ended up hurting it more than helping it. I would have preferred that they focused on making more levels of fewer types instead of having a few levels of several types.

The first one was the best one for me. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I don't necessarily mind 2's graphics but yeah 3 had slightly better graphics.

Boss wise I think that 3 also had better boss fights (especially compared to the atrocious final boss of 2) But boss fights to me don't matter as much for the overall experience since they are such a small part of the game.

Power ups didn't seem to add much to the gameplay with the exception of double jump and the tornado spin. I felt like the super belly flop was unnecessary (Why not give that to us from the start?) and the bazooka was for the most part a gimmick. the crash dash power up I'm indifferent since it isn't really necessary, but added another level to the time trials.

The main reason I like 2 more than 3 is the level design difference. Excluding the jet pack levels in 2, The levels to me seemed to stick with the original Crash Bandicoot style but with refined controls. I think I would like 3 more if it didn't have so many different types of levels.

In 2 the level types that I can think of are: normal platforming, polar bear riding, the boulder chase, and jet pack.

In 3 the level types are: Normal platforming (which some times included the dinosaur chase in the level), swimming, jet ski, plane, tiger riding, and racing.

If 3 didn't have the jet ski, racing, and flying levels I would like it more, but those weren't very fun getting the box gem in (especially the racing levels) and ended up being more of a pain than a challenge.

To me the added features in 3 just ended up hurting it more than helping it. I would have preferred that they focused on making more levels of fewer types instead of having a few levels of several types.

the racing levels in warped were awful, same for jet ski... the power ups were a really cool addition and the bazooka was freaking cool. Crash dash was really nice in my eyes.

however the best thing about warped is that it is much more replayable than 2 and 1 combined due to relics and more gems.. The relics can be annoying but also extreme fun, also that 2nd warp room in warped was amazing (dat platforming level in it :S ) while i like 2 a lot and pick it up more often than warped because i finally fished it 100%, warped for me is the better game. You didnt comment in soundtrack, unless I am blind :D

the racing levels in warped were awful, same for jet ski... the power ups were a really cool addition and the bazooka was freaking cool. Crash dash was really nice in my eyes.

however the best thing about warped is that it is much more replayable than 2 and 1 combined due to relics and more gems.. The relics can be annoying but also extreme fun, also that 2nd warp room in warped was amazing (dat platforming level in it :S ) while i like 2 a lot and pick it up more often than warped because i finally fished it 100%, warped for me is the better game. You didnt comment in soundtrack, unless I am blind :D

You mean my wall of text wasn't long enough?

Haha I didn't include anything about the soundtrack because I hadn't listened to 3's in a while. After listening a little bit to 3's soundtrack I think they are both great and each have strong and weak tracks. I listen to 2's soundtrack on a fairly regular basis but I think that's because I enjoy the game more. When I listen to a video game soundtrack I like to put myself in the game and since I don't like most of the vehicle levels in 3 I don't really like those tracks since they remind me of those levels. To be honest though my absolute favorite Crash soundtrack has to be from Crash Twinsanity (It might be my favorite soundtrack overall).

I think my biggest problem with the relic system is that when I'm replaying older games in general I'm playing them for nostalgic purposes and to relax (I also 100% complete them since I normally couldn't as a kid). I don't want to have to worry about a timer or having to replay a level because I'm 1 second too long on a level; I just want to sit back and relax. It also comes down to a time constraint as well; I'm able to 100% 2 in a few hours easily but 3 takes much longer to 100% with the relics since you have to play each level again at least 1 more time.

I think the bottom line for me is that I don't have as much free time as I did when I was a kid. 3 was definitely my favorite game when I was younger and had more time on my hands and didn't have more games to play, but now that I'm older I feel like 3 overstays its welcome when replaying it.

I only got to play Warped... Haven't finished it to this day because of all the other games that I devoted my time to... Like Gran Turismo and Ace Combat 2&3...

You mean my wall of text wasn't long enough?

Haha I didn't include anything about the soundtrack because I hadn't listened to 3's in a while. After listening a little bit to 3's soundtrack I think they are both great and each have strong and weak tracks. I listen to 2's soundtrack on a fairly regular basis but I think that's because I enjoy the game more. When I listen to a video game soundtrack I like to put myself in the game and since I don't like most of the vehicle levels in 3 I don't really like those tracks since they remind me of those levels. To be honest though my absolute favorite Crash soundtrack has to be from Crash Twinsanity (It might be my favorite soundtrack overall).

I think my biggest problem with the relic system is that when I'm replaying older games in general I'm playing them for nostalgic purposes and to relax (I also 100% complete them since I normally couldn't as a kid). I don't want to have to worry about a timer or having to replay a level because I'm 1 second too long on a level; I just want to sit back and relax. It also comes down to a time constraint as well; I'm able to 100% 2 in a few hours easily but 3 takes much longer to 100% with the relics since you have to play each level again at least 1 more time.

I think the bottom line for me is that I don't have as much free time as I did when I was a kid. 3 was definitely my favorite game when I was younger and had more time on my hands and didn't have more games to play, but now that I'm older I feel like 3 overstays its welcome when replaying it.

well, I think the relics were a nice addition that anyone can like except in those submarine levels, god damn you naughty dog with the vehicles in crash 3..  but the platforming is still superior in 3 in contrast to 2s

In my opinion:

better platforming: crash 3

better vehicle levels: crash 2

Better replayability: Crash 3

Better vehicle levels: really depends on opinion, i prefer 2

Better bosses: Crash 3 (crash 2's final boss sucked ass)

Better soundtrack: crash 2

Better Story (this 1 is last cause it really doesnt matter): Crash 3

Overall I think 3 is the superior game due to better platforming, but i still jump to crash 2 more often than it for nostalgia's sake

Also about twinsanity, I have to be the only person on earth to find crash bash's soundtrack 10 million times better than twinsanity's or any other game for that matter... Dat loading screen theme 

Crash Team Racing

The only correct answer.

Frankly loved the first and warped. Hell, I even liked Crash Bash and it's not particularly good. Between Crash, Spyro, and Gran Turismo I was a happy child.