Been waiting for this review even though I have no interest in the headphones. Very interesting demographic they're going for. Not hardcore audiophiles like Sennheiser usually appeal to. 

Thanks again for the upload Nick!

EDIT: You probably know this but both links are wonky. 

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

Thanks for posting!

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

Well that's kind of disappointing. I was looking for something with the same sort of sound signature as my 598s but with the looks of the Urbanites :(

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Did you get caressed by the headphone man when you were at the Sennheiser factory?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHYcza8E3g8

How have i not seen this yet?

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

What did Linus think of these compared to his pair hd8's? 

Well that's kind of disappointing. I was looking for something with the same sort of sound signature as my 598s but with the looks of the Urbanites :(

In comparison with my HD558's I'd take the Urbanites anyday. I think they have better bass

So how's the sound quality compared to something like the hd 558s or the hd 598s?

I like the design of the urbanites compared to those two. But the urbanites are a bit more costly.

da_deity

I ordered these the other day. Should arrive monday!

Will definitely post a reiew of them. I've worn them a couple of times in-store and I have to say they block out a whole bunch of sound passively. :)

Link for amazon is broken

Gaming Rig: i5-3570k+H100i (4.3 ghz) | P8Z77-i Deluxe | MSI Twin Frozr 7950 Boost | HX650 | 1TB HGST | 840 Evo 250 GB

Anybody know what brand of headphone stand Linus is using in the video?  I've been wanting a good one for awhile now.  Obviously I'm talking about the black metal one, not the mannequin head...

In comparison with my HD558's I'd take the Urbanites anyday. I think they have better bass

Like I said though, I was looking for something with the same sound signature as the 598s. I'm not one to really care for the bass, so I'd have the same reaction as Linus for a $250 pair of headphones.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

I hope sennheiser would spend some money for the advertisement and put bunch of them near the beats or bose in bestbuy or something. Sennheiser momentum was my first true audiophile grade headphone and never again I'll return to poopy quality audio periphreals :P

I hope sennheiser would spend some money for the advertisement and put bunch of them near the beats or bose in bestbuy or something. Sennheiser momentum was my first true audiophile grade headphone and never again I'll return to poopy quality audio periphreals :P

Their Urbanite commercial is like the best commercial I have ever seen

I wanted these to do better, I was very excited about the idea and from what I'd seen it seemed they were nailing it. Looks like the just fall short on a couple areas, but still think I would recommend these, specially at this price point.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

These are basically Beats with Sennheiser tech aimed at those who want better sound, but also tuned for bass, right? AKA the hip-hop/electronic/dubstep crowd.

What headphone stand is that in the video? Is it the Just Mobile Headstand ?