Painting my Keyboard

youlox

The Keyboard I have is a bit of an oldie, it's a Logitech Deluxe Access Keyboard.

It still works perfectly to this day, and I've been meaning to paint it for a while but I want to know exactly how to go about it.

I've already taken it apart and gave it a good clean recently, so any tips or ideas how I can go about it?

I have heard PlastiDip is a good way to go.

Edited by youlox

@youlox I don't have an answer, but I'm using the same keyboard. I love it :) Also welcome to the LTT community. You should follow your posts to get notifications when someone replies. 

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

hmm I'll pay attention to this, my keyboard is very boring too...

Core2 Quad Q9400 @ 3.00GHz ✦  8GB Corsair RAM ✦Asus P5G41Tm - Lx3 ✦ Sapphire R9 270 Dual-X ✦ WD Caviar Green 640 GB ✦ Seagate Barracuda 160GB ✦ Fractal Design Define R5 ✦ 1Life ps:jet 700W ✦  

Lenovo Y520 - GTX1050Ti - i77700k - 250GB Samsung M.2 NVME SSD  :D 

yea just cover everything you don't want painted with painters tape and use plastidip, that way if you mess up or don't like it its not permanent.

I don't really have an answer but I imagine however you do it you're going to looses the key labels on the top. So you're either going to have to live with that or put them back on your self.

@EarthboundHero Thanks!

@Preston I'm probably going to keep the keys the same, I'm just going to paint the case/shell, whatever the term is, of the keyboard white.

WELCOME TO THE LTT FORUMS!!! :)

no, @EarthboundHero beat me to it!!!

Also, try changing the theme to Night theme at the bottom right of the page above the Linus Media Group words.

Seems interesting, will follow along!

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

@EarthboundHero Thanks!

@Preston I'm probably going to keep the keys the same, I'm just going to paint the case/shell, whatever the term is, of the keyboard white.

Ahh right. That makes more sense. I thought you were painting keys. Good luck!

@Flight1sim Thanks for letting me know about the night theme, so much easier on the eyes.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

@Flight1sim Thanks for letting me know about the night theme, so much easier on the eyes.

but as you can see, @OP's text isnt automatic, so its hard to see in night theme

@youlox, can you change the font color to automatic for us night theme users? Thanks

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

IDK about painting it but I know of a super cool mod! B) [yes I know its not the same keyboard but still could work]

Link: 

[This is a joke]