Can't get into BIOS ASUS Motherboard

DaneLewis

Hey guys,

I've got a system that I just build with an ASUS M5A97 LE r2.0. We are attempting to get into the BIOS to select the boot drive, but we can't get into the BIOS. I can see the splash screen and nothing is wrong with that but when I hit delete nothing happens. I thought it was the keyboard that was the issue (Some new cheap wired USB) but it seemed to be getting power before the BIOS Splash screen but I went ahead and get grabbed a PS2 Keyboard. I've tried it and no luck. I'm not sure if the PS2 keyboard is broke or what it is. I'm stuck!

Please help

Try pressing f2 instead, that button also gets into the bios

CPU: i7 8700k Motherboard: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming RAM: 4x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro (2 white, 2 black) GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor Case: Corsair Crystal 570x White HDD: 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm Sata 3 SSD: 240GB Corsair Force 3 + 500GB Samsung 970 Evo Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series™ H150i PSU: Corsair RM750i OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Mouse: Logitech G600 Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown Monitor: Samsung S24C570L 1080p 23.6" + AOC AGON 240Hz 1080p Sound: HyperX Cloud Headset Black/Red + Logitech Z213 Speakers 2.1

did you try F2 and F11/F12? look in the mobos manual, it should say what button gets you to the bios

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Is the keyboard in the rear USB 2.0? Not all boards listen for input from all the ports on boot and the USB 3.0 ports on that board are not on the AMD controller.

I checked the motherboard manual and it says delete but I will try those too

Tried all of the buttons and no luck. I do have it plugged into the USB 2.0. It does say in the screen after the splash screen that it is being recognized. (American Megatrends screen). Although when I only have the PS2 Keyboard plugged in, it doesn't say that the keyboard was recognized.

I checked the motherboard manual and it says delete but I will try those too

are you spam pressing it or holding it down? and is fastboot enabled? you might need to reset your bios by using the reset jumper or taking out the battery.

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I don't think fastboot is enabled. Although this is an open box mobo. Both spamming and holding down. Let me try to take the battery out and put it back in

try a different keyboard, usb 2 or PS2

then the moment you press the power button mash the DEL key until you see the BIOS

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020