A Biased Consumer Conducting an IOS Review

Bansh33

You guys can be real assholes sometimes. I was just trying to contribute and now I don't even want to be on this forum anymore.

CPU: Intel i5-4690K  COOLER: XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 w/ Ice Dragon White Nanofluid MOBO: MSI Z97 GAMING 5   RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8gb 2X4gb 2133   PSU: Corsair GS800  GPU: SLI MSI TWIN FROZR GTX 760 4GB CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe    STORAGE: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 128GB, WD BLACK 1TB, WD GREEN 1TB, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB, WD BLUE 320GB KEYBOARD: Ducky Zero DK2108S MOUSE: Logitech G600 

You guys can be real assholes sometimes. I was just trying to contribute and now I don't even want to be on this forum anymore.

Lots of that going around lately on this forum.
You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

going to be leaving indefinitely for an unknown period of time so have fun and enjoy everyone's "im better and smarter than you" comments 

CPU: Intel i5-4690K  COOLER: XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 w/ Ice Dragon White Nanofluid MOBO: MSI Z97 GAMING 5   RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8gb 2X4gb 2133   PSU: Corsair GS800  GPU: SLI MSI TWIN FROZR GTX 760 4GB CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe    STORAGE: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 128GB, WD BLACK 1TB, WD GREEN 1TB, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB, WD BLUE 320GB KEYBOARD: Ducky Zero DK2108S MOUSE: Logitech G600 

I actually read the OP and you seem like you've dealt with a lot of OSes and have a lot of past experience. I myself have an iPhone and I like it. Legitimately like it. I will never hate Apple. You can't get me to do it. A year ago I hated Apple but now I don't because I own an iPhone. I like the OS and simplicity, really easy to use. I haven't had any long term experience with Android or anything else really, so I can't compare them. But the amount of Apple hate on this forum hurts my eyes. If you actually tried their products you would know they have (or had) great build quality, (inb4 iPhone 6+) their packaging is great, and their products are simply beautiful.

Yeah, its shame to see how the community has gone down in quality lately. :(

Was inspired by this review to charge and start my old iPod touch and try it. Even though it's very old it still does do some things right. Things like browsing settings goes kinda quickly and even though it only has a ~550 MHz cpu it is not that slow.

~non cogito, ergo non sum?~

I have to work with my mothers iphone which I recommended to her because I heard it was simpler than android and everytime I have to touch that thing I regret having recommended it. Itunes and permissions are annoying enough when you know the password but my mother refused to make her own itunes account so my sister set it up to hers but she doesn't know the password so I had to set it up on mine so now her phone is connected to my itunes account but it still asks for my sisters so I need two passwords to work the fucking thing and one of the passwords nobody knows, so I have to find work around and exploit flaws in itunes to simply update the fucking apps.

100% YOUR fault, and is in no way a negative for it being an apple device. 

This is a very interesting thread IMO. I've been using android for two years now on a galaxy nexus and it's just a million times better than iOS 4 on my 2nd gen iPod touch, but that isn't really a fair comparison. Although I'm almost sure android is the better OS for me due to tinkering and stuff I sometimes wonder what it's like to use iOS in it's current form.

They're a lot more similar than they are different. I switch back and forth all the time (albeit, I haven't used anything newer than Jellybean), and the difference is pretty much just customizability. Oh, and that Android has those awesome 'settings' and 'back' buttons -- which, have I mentioned, are god damn awesome. 

I'd have to disagree about iOS making a big jump. iOS 8 has been nothing but a pain for many users including myself. Emoji's not showing, apps that are stuck running and countless other bugs have plagued the OS since its launch. Seems like things have gone downhill since iOS 7, and while they look better then previous versions, the "features" they bring seem to make things even more difficult on the user side of things.

http://www.iphonehacks.com/2014/09/ios-8-bugs.html

I really don't notice much of a difference between 7 and 8; the only thing that I noticed changed was my phone (5s) doesn't like connecting to some wifi networks, other than that its pretty much identical with ios7. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

• 3 weeks later...

So basically what happened is you got rid of one of the best Android phones on the market for a pink iPhone 5C....

I just did this too :P

went from an M8 to a pink 16GB 5C :P

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

• 2 weeks later...

going to be leaving indefinitely for an unknown period of time so have fun and enjoy everyone's "im better and smarter than you" comments 

Sorry about that, but not everyone is like that. It is just when you mention Apple or Android people argue a lot. Hope things are better for you in the future.

You know how you can tell who is a Android or iOS fanwhore? Don't worry, they'll tell you. Repeatedly. In places where it isn't even required. People like that have inferiority complexes. 

Stay strong OP, do your review and gain facts for yourself based on your own usage. People who do the whole "iOS v Android" routine are frankly morons. Both OSs are so similar that for 99% of the NORMAL POPULATION WHO BUYS THIS SHIT they are the same thing. Enthusiasts might care, they might not. Its a phone OS. Tying your self worth to a phone OS is the tip of the spear of pathetic moron problems. 

You'll notice that a lot in these forums. The hate on either side is spectacular. There is a lot of one track thinking and arrogance and "IM OLDER THAN U I KNOE BETTAR" attitudes. You just learn to filter out the idiocy and focus on the people who actually engage in meaningful debates. 

You know how you can tell who is a Android or iOS fanwhore? Don't worry, they'll tell you. Repeatedly. In places where it isn't even required. People like that have inferiority complexes. 

Stay strong OP, do your review and gain facts for yourself based on your own usage. People who do the whole "iOS v Android" routine are frankly morons. Both OSs are so similar that for 99% of the NORMAL POPULATION WHO BUYS THIS SHIT they are the same thing. Enthusiasts might care, they might not. Its a phone OS. Tying your self worth to a phone OS is the tip of the spear of pathetic moron problems. 

You'll notice that a lot in these forums. The hate on either side is spectacular. There is a lot of one track thinking and arrogance and "IM OLDER THAN U I KNOE BETTAR" attitudes. You just learn to filter out the idiocy and focus on the people who actually engage in meaningful debates. 

I so agree with you. So much hate for a phone and it's OS. A GODDAMN PHONE! Get over it guys geez -_-

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

I expected for everyone to be friendly or at least have setting nice to say. Now I just feel like I wasted time. Thanks guys

Well, welcome to the world, I guess. Seriously now you have to try and be more apathetic with negative feedback and being treated badly, because that is gonna happen a lot regardless. <s> Oh wait I am only 16, I should shut up, I don't know anything xD </s>

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

Thanks guys seriously I just felt like if I continued the review I would just be feeding the trolls so I gave up with this review on the forum and just others know who were truly interested in my views on the change! But thank you for your honesty and your pick up it was much appreciated