Silent Keyboard Suggestions?

Go to solution Solved by still_ill,

Reds or blacks with a nice soft O-ring.

Avoid tactile switches.

Seconding this, I have a k70 with red switches and o-rings that I picked up from WASD Keyboards, very satisfied with the noise level.

I do Youtube, my current keyboard gets picked up in my microphone during recording  very easy. I am looking to buy a new Keyboard, I know people say that Brown Cherry MX keyboards are the most quiet, but I don't know where to start looking. I am looking to find a keyboard preferably under $120 that is good for gaming, (I don't need macros or anything fancy) and I want it quiet as possible. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

k95 /k70, single colour baclit, red switches .

CPU:AMD FX-8320, RAM:Kingston Fury Black Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600, GPU:MSI Radeon R9 280, Case:Cooler Master 690 III, PSU:Thermaltake Smart 650W

Storage:WD Purple 1TB, CPU Cooler:Hyper 212 EVO, Keyboard:SCI Granite, OS:win 8.1 64bit, Display:Samsung SyncMaster SA100, Mouse:CM Storm Spawn

why not just get a condenser with a filter?

I have a pop filter, but what is a condenser exactly?

k95 /k70, single colour baclit, red switches .

Thanks for the suggestion, the k70 looks great.

Matias makes ALPS based switches and keyboard that are even more silent while still having a tactile bump.

Matias makes ALPS based switches and keyboard that are even more silent while still having a tactile bump.

Audio test sounds cool. Have you had any first hand experience about them, or any reviews. I've never heard of them.

Audio test sounds cool. Have you had any first hand experience about them, or any reviews. I've never heard of them.

Unfortunately no. Was gonna buy one but it would have cost way too much to my liking to import one. :(

orings and/or landing pads on the switches,

blues still make some noise

I have an alps based keyboard it is a bit noisy 

CPU:AMD FX-8320, RAM:Kingston Fury Black Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600, GPU:MSI Radeon R9 280, Case:Cooler Master 690 III, PSU:Thermaltake Smart 650W

Storage:WD Purple 1TB, CPU Cooler:Hyper 212 EVO, Keyboard:SCI Granite, OS:win 8.1 64bit, Display:Samsung SyncMaster SA100, Mouse:CM Storm Spawn

Avoid tactile switches.

Avoid tactile switches.

Any keyboards you suggest in particular?

Any keyboards you suggest in particular?

Find the biggest, heaviest keyboard you can. I'm hesitant to recommend the gigabyte Aivia keyboard, just because it's quality is really bad. But the thing is built like a tank with heavy steel construction.

Avoid tactile switches.

Seconding this, I have a k70 with red switches and o-rings that I picked up from WASD Keyboards, very satisfied with the noise level.

If quietness is more important to you than anything else, a mechanical keyboard may not be for you. If you can find a high quality keyboard with scissor switches that'll serve you well.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

use soft landing pads with o-rings on red switch and try to not bottom out the keys