The evil within locked at 30 fps

Cowkiemonster

I dont know if you guys have seen this, but yesterday bethesda confirmed that the evil within will be locked too 30 fps. So it looks like ubisofts retarded plan of dropping 60 fps is catching on.
They say that pc gamers will get tools to up it to 60, but that it is not recommended. It will be a sad time for pc gaming if this trend really takes off

Source: http://www.gamersbook.com/News/Article/ID/1503/The-Evil-Within-Locked-at-30-FPS-on-PC

Shit game. 

The future is 60 FPS and higher. Not 30 FPS and lower. 

Game DEVS pls. 

CPU: Intel I7 4790K 4.8 Ghz || Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus Hero 6 Z87 || Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1600 Mhz || GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Ti STRIX || Storage: 2 x SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB RAID 0 HDD Western Digital 1 TB Black || PSU: Corsair AX 860 watt || Cooling: 2 x AF 140mm (front), 2 AF120 Blue LED (bottom and back), 2 SP120 (top on radiator) ||  CPU cooler: Corsair H100i GTX || Case: Corsair obsidian 750D <3 <3 <3 

The only good video game producer/creator/distributor left is Valve I guess. Gaben!! Our Lord and Savior!! AMEN

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

I dont know if you guys have seen this, but yesterday bethesda confirmed that the evil within will be locked too 30 fps. So it looks like ubisofts retarded plan of dropping 60 fps is catching on.

They say that pc gamers will get tools to up it to 60, but that it is not recommended. It will be a sad time for pc gaming if this trend really takes off

Source: http://www.gamersbook.com/News/Article/ID/1503/The-Evil-Within-Locked-at-30-FPS-on-PC

You can't really say its "catching on" when they were talking about the console versions of Assassin's Creed Unity, and 60 FPS was never the standard on consoles. AC: Blackflag certainly didn't run at 60 FPS on either console. If anything, the standard has gone up to 30 FPS on consoles, not down to it.

Artificial 30 FPS caps on PC games are an instant deal-breaker. I just won't put money toward them. Fortunately it has become uncommon enough that its a newsworthy event when it happens.

WHY OH WHY

guess no one is going to buy it now.

I think steam should force games to advertise resolution locks and frame rate locks.

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

The whole console gaming industry is a bottleneck, and now it is potentially bottlenecking games production and quality.

I dont know why they are doing this?!?  WHAT IS THE POINT?  I don't think it makes it harder to develop to simply remove a frame cap! 

Gross, last time I seen 30 fps is when I used Vsync in game for Dead Space 2. It was flickering and hurting my eyes so I'm not sure why locking it to 30 would be a good experience.

But not recommended, wtf?!?  Why would anyone recommend playing at 30FPS instead of 60FPS...just crazy.

AMD Radeon R9 290X / AMD FX-8320 / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / Samsung 830 128GB / Seagate 7200RPM 3TB / Corsair HX 850W / BitFenix Shinobi XL / CPU & GPU Watercooled - Thick Triple 360 Rad

" It will be a sad time for pc gaming if this trend really takes off"..

It is a sad  situation  for a  long period of time  for console's but the problem is that console players think that is just fine, that and FOV of 40. Destiny is a perfect example. 

Yes, that bu**sh** of 30 FPS have no fu**ing sense on the console's, for pc is mind blow.

What is next step, 640x480 black & white..

The future is no arbitrary static framerate. What are you, a console peasant? 

jk

LoL no i am PC gamer. Console were the old days. #pcmasterrace

CPU: Intel I7 4790K 4.8 Ghz || Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus Hero 6 Z87 || Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1600 Mhz || GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Ti STRIX || Storage: 2 x SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB RAID 0 HDD Western Digital 1 TB Black || PSU: Corsair AX 860 watt || Cooling: 2 x AF 140mm (front), 2 AF120 Blue LED (bottom and back), 2 SP120 (top on radiator) ||  CPU cooler: Corsair H100i GTX || Case: Corsair obsidian 750D <3 <3 <3 

Valve, SCS, SCE, and ThatGameCompany are the last ones holding on to the "We should make a good, emotional, entertaining game" value. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

30FPS is a failure.  Leaving shit up to modders is basically saying, FUCK YOU PEOPLE WHO MIGHT BUY OUT GAME, FUCK ALL OF YOU.

Valve, SCS, SCE, and ThatGameCompany are the last ones holding on to the "We should make a good, emotional, entertaining game" value. 

I would add CD project red to that to...I hope.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

I don't know about you but even for film I disagree with that 24 fps is the best! Have you seen the The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug @ 48 fps? It is a lot better. Higiher fps do improve film too!

I'm still running on my core i7-920

@Motherboard: GA-EX58-UD3R @GPU: GTX 560 @Memory: 16GB1600C9 @Storage: X25-M 80GB & 330 120GB * Caviar Green 2TB @Screen: Acer H223HQ

@Case: Antec P180B -EU * Jou Jye 480AUBA * 2x NF-S12A FLX @Peripherals: CM Storm QuickFire TK Blue - Rearranged Svorak * MX518 @Sound: Beresford TC-7520 DAC * ATH-M40 fs

I don't know about you but even for film I disagree with that 24 fps is the best! Have you seen the The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug @ 48 fps? It is a lot better. Higiher fps do improve film too!

Even if there is a more "cinematic" look (whatever that means) to 24 FPS film, its only that way because it's the standard and we're used to it. The Hobbit at 48 FPS looks weird now because its different, and I agree that its different for the better.

Not all games that are locked are to 30 FPS are locked for the same reason. Ubisoft keeps on digging but some inexperienced studios just don't have enough experience and fall short of their goal. The studio that made Evil Within is a new studio, this is their first game.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

You can't really say its "catching on" when they were talking about the console versions of Assassin's Creed Unity, and 60 FPS was never the standard on consoles. AC: Blackflag certainly didn't run at 60 FPS on either console. If anything, the standard has gone up to 30 FPS on consoles, not down to it.

Artificial 30 FPS caps on PC games are an instant deal-breaker. I just won't put money toward them. Fortunately it has become uncommon enough that its a newsworthy event when it happens.

I was talking about frame capping in general

I was talking about frame capping in general

But where is it "catching on?" Just because of The Evil Within? I don't think 30 FPS caps on PC games have been this rare in years.

And what does Ubisoft have to do with it? They still haven't announced a 30 FPS cap on any of PC releases as far as I can tell.