Zotac ZBOX PI320 pico

Video becomes public at 12am here in Aus, ~.~

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

G'day nick!

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

Hey, LTT Crew, do you have a guess why it was dropping so many frames? Was it the H.264 decoder or possibly because it doesn't have gigabit ethernet?

Yay.. now what will be needed to eliminate frame lose?? better processor maybe?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

This might just be the media center PC I've been looking for. 

But as said

Pricing links have no results so maybe someone can post the price of it

Where can I buy it and how much does it cost?

EDIT

http://www.geek.com/chips/zotacs-199-zbox-pico-mini-pc-fits-in-your-pocket-1602965/

Found this article on geek.com

Price is listed at $199 USD

---

Linus said he installed 3DMark but we never got any results other than load temperature

Linus said he installed 3DMark but we never got any results other than load temperature

I think the scores are not necessary. Come on, it has 2 Gigs of RAM a Single Core Atom CPU and onboard graphics. It is not a powerhouse, but it can handle 1080p playback. 

once amazon or ncix has these listed i think i might buy one depending on the price

Huh, might buy it and slap XBMC on it to watch movies and stuff from the NAS on the TV. Do ya'll know if it supports 5.1 surround out of that HDMI port?

What are the physical dimensions of this thing?

If you get easily offended by people on the Internet there is something really wrong with you. You focus on the opinions of a few people instead of worrying about why you have a terrible taste in video games.

About as perfect as it gets for anyone that doesn't game, NAS somewhere and bam, media center.

Could be pretty competitive with the low-end NUCs. I mean even the low end ones have better specs (Gigabit LAN, USB 3) and if you ignore the fact that they don't have windows (Linux?) then they're about the same price. The key difference is that this thing is passively cooled and comes with a copy of windows. If it wasn't for that then I'd say that a low end NUC would beat it hands down. You can get a NUC with a Celeron, chuck 4GB Ram in it and drop in a 60GB SSD and you're only at ~$250AU. Throw Ubuntu on it, download Steam and you're done.

So for a Steam streaming box? eh. Maybe. I still think the NUC will do a better job. For a "Mum wants a PC with windows". Well it has windows at that price. Can't really compete.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

A $35 Raspberry Pi can also be used as a media PC or NAS instead.

I never thought of this before. I think I'll have to really think about this idea.

If all I want to do is stream videos from my NAS to my TV, over a wired LAN, then maybe this really is all I need.

---

Hey, LTT Crew, do you have a guess why it was dropping so many frames? Was it the H.264 decoder or possibly because it doesn't have gigabit ethernet?

The video shows it was streaming up to 16 Mbit/s, so it should not have been hitting the limits of a 100 Mbit/s wired connection.

I never thought of this before. I think I'll have to really think about this idea.

If all I want to do is stream videos from my NAS to my TV, over a wired LAN, then maybe this really is all I need.

Dunno about streaming but I have a B model with openelec and it plays hd stuff pretty well from usb. :)

I have a pc running plex, installed plex on the TV, there you go stream to tv is set up at literally 0 additional cost.

This is using a Samsung Smart TV of some sorts, keep that in mind.

i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz 1.37v, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Hybrid, Asus z370-A Prime

G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Samsung 960 Evo 256GB, Samsung 850Pro 1TB, WD 3TB HDD

NZXT H440 White, Corsair H100i GTX v2, EVGA 750G2

Corsair AF140 x1, Corsair SP120 x2, Noctua Industrial 3000 RPM x3

i was really hoping to see some performace results from this thing as well..

was thinking it could make a great box for XBMC or PS3 Media server and other video streaming apps as well as hosting mumble server and stuff :(

Benchmark it and test it! put it though some paces Linus! 

focus on multiple people streaming and "encoding" at the same time :D

That's really cool, and I've never been interested in these tiny PCs before..

Edit: LOL http://puu.sh/c6WTt/3f691b6a23.png

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

What's driver support like on linux? If the wifi/bluetooth is intel, everything should just work.

The pricing of this thing would be even better if you can get a mail-in windows refund.