Whitelist Your Favorite Youtubers (LinusTechTips) With Adblock

Properly many of you hate advertisement as much as i do.

But would watch it to support Linus. @Sharif on the forum posted back in august about how you could whitelist youtube channels, but still use adblock on other sites. I'm not sure many people saw the post or are active in the guide section on the forum.

So i figured that posting it in off topic would be a great way to let people know.

Link: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/199132-how-to-whitelist-youtube-channels-from-adblock/

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

I disable adblock on the forum, but I keep it on Youtube. Pre-roll ads are insanely annoying. 

I hate them too, but for linus i will take the pain ;-)

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

I don't use adblock. Everyone is equal. 

You could do that, but some sites are really annoying with random video ads and pop up ads. Mostly news site though.

Thanks for sharing it :) 

but mainly why most people didn't do this is becasue the same function wasn't available on the firefox adblock 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

The only time I use adblock is when I'm on a netbook and a website has so many ads on it that my netbook slows way down. I think even if you watch a video that isn't from your favorite youtuber they still deserve the money for watching their video.

You could do that, but some sites are really annoying with random video ads and pop up ads. Mostly news site though.

Yeah, those are the sites that persuading me to get Adblock at times. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Thanks for sharing it :)

but mainly why most people didn't do this is becasue the same function wasn't available on the firefox adblock 

Yeah it sucks that they didn't port it over to Firefox :-(

I don't use an adblocker personally but I fully understand why people would want to. I put an adblocker on my brothers PC as unfortunately he's not too technical and kept clicking fake ads/download buttons and wasting my afternoons with crap-cleanouts.

But yes I'd encourage users to "unblock" the content of those they enjoy.

Yeah it sucks that they didn't port it over to Firefox :-(

If i remember correctly they both aren't the same company or i may be wrong...

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

I contribute so i block ads all I want :P

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

I think it to be completely unethical to use adblock and I feel sorry for all the small youtubers that are loosing a lot of their income to this software.

What surprises me is why websites don;t just download the .txt that is available on the adblock website and contains the names of all the items that shouldn't be displayed and give their pages content those names.

Then anyone using adblock won't be able to use the page properly. problem solved.

If i remember correctly they both aren't the same company or i may be wrong...

Nope they're not the same company. You should never use Adblock plus, they are known for unblocking ads for money.

I think it to be completely unethical to use adblock and I feel sorry for all the small youtubers that are loosing a lot of their income to this software.

What surprises me is why websites don;t just download the .txt that is available on the adblock website and contains the names of all the items that shouldn't be displayed and give their pages content those names.

Then anyone using adblock won't be able to use the page properly. problem solved.

I would be surprised if it was that easy. And yes small youtubers should get the money. But if I'm watching ignnews or some random viral video I don't care.

I keep meaning to install an adblocker, as those adverts really slow down my laptop something rotten, but I want to support content creators, and adverts are the only way I feel I can help all of them.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

They already have ads in their videos, what am I going to do? I don't want ads all over the place before every single video that I watch on youtube.