Problem: Got water in my D3100.

So, yesterday I got a glass of fluid (beer) on my camera and I decided to let it dry for 1 day before I was going to use it again.

Now, today I noticed that it takes blurry pics even when on 1/4000 shutter. The camera seems to be stuck on one shutter speed while the display shows me 1/4000. Nothing is wrong with the lens though. everything focuses quickly as it was. I found out that it overexposes pictures because it was stuck on that shutter speed while raising the ISO. 

Any help would be appreciated. What could be broken in there.? Or how could I fix it?

Edit: smaller Aperture gets rid of the overexposed pictures. Still blurry though...

+ Videos work fine.

My PC: Intel Core i3-3220 | Alpenföhn Civetta | XFX HD 7770 1GB | ASRock B75-Pro3-M | Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB | beQuiet PurePower L8 430W | Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB | Kingston V200+ 60GB | NZXT Vulcan | Soundblaster Play Replaced by Notebook + eGPU

My Notebook:   Apple MacBook Pro Retina 13-inch, Late 2013; Core i5 4258U @2.4-2.9 Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB PCIe SSD, Iris Graphics 5100 + GTX 960 eGPU

My Phone: OnePlus One with CM12      Camera: Nikon D3200 + 50mm f/1.8G + Kit lenses

well you will have to air dry it and hope for the best

put it upside down lens off in a clean room with fans blowing the air around

You should take the lens off and try and let it dry for a few days.  

Are the photos blurry on the computer or just the camera?  The LCD screen may be water damaged,

Also the shutter being stuck on 1/4000 sounds like damage to the camera.  

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

This is going to sound dumb, but it works. Stick it into a zip lock bag with rice in it. The rice absorbs moisture and should help dry it out. Do this for a few days swapping the rice every day or two.

I'd take the battery out and not use it until its fully dried. The electricity could fry some electronics otherwise.

Overall it sounds like the water you spilt on it has mucked up your shutter assembly and/or coated your sensor. Let it dry out properly, and then see if your shutter starts working properly again, if you still have the problem then you're going to have to wet clean the sensor with something like this http://cameraclean.co.uk/product-detail.php?cat=32&product=33&desc=Sensor+Cleaning+Starter+Pack+with+Type+2+Sensor+Swabs

I really hope you didn't mess up your shutter assembly because that means service centre time.

You should take the lens off and try and let it dry for a few days.  

Are the photos blurry on the computer or just the camera?  The LCD screen may be water damaged,

Also the shutter being stuck on 1/4000 sounds like damage to the camera.  

LCD screen is fine though. seems like the shutter is locked to 1/25 even when trying every faster shutter speed... tldr it doesn't go faster than 1/25

My PC: Intel Core i3-3220 | Alpenföhn Civetta | XFX HD 7770 1GB | ASRock B75-Pro3-M | Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB | beQuiet PurePower L8 430W | Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB | Kingston V200+ 60GB | NZXT Vulcan | Soundblaster Play Replaced by Notebook + eGPU

My Notebook:   Apple MacBook Pro Retina 13-inch, Late 2013; Core i5 4258U @2.4-2.9 Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB PCIe SSD, Iris Graphics 5100 + GTX 960 eGPU

My Phone: OnePlus One with CM12      Camera: Nikon D3200 + 50mm f/1.8G + Kit lenses

This is going to sound dumb, but it works. Stick it into a zip lock bag with rice in it. The rice absorbs moisture and should help dry it out. Do this for a few days swapping the rice every day or two.

I'd take the battery out and not use it until its fully dried. The electricity could fry some electronics otherwise.

Overall it sounds like the water you spilt on it has mucked up your shutter assembly and/or coated your sensor. Let it dry out properly, and then see if your shutter starts working properly again, if you still have the problem then you're going to have to wet clean the sensor with something like this http://cameraclean.co.uk/product-detail.php?cat=32&product=33&desc=Sensor+Cleaning+Starter+Pack+with+Type+2+Sensor+Swabs

I really hope you didn't mess up your shutter assembly because that means service centre time.

Weird thing is, everything inside what i can see ( mirror, sensor ) seems to be dry.... must be the electronics then.

Weird thing is, everything inside what i can see ( mirror, sensor ) seems to be dry.... must be the electronics then.

There is a chance that the water could have washed away some of the lubricant on those parts as well