The Pronto - Super Fast Charge Battery Bank

yorky321

Ever wanted a portable battery bank that can charge and store a full phone charge in just 5 minutes? Enter The Pronto.

a4RyhLc.png

So in a Nutshell this is a new battery bank that has comes in two flavors.

-The Pronto 5 which can store up to 3 phone charges in just one hour (4500mAh)

-The Pronto 12 which can store up to 9 phone charges in just one hour (13,500mAh)

R6aFJEP.png

The Pronto has an input of 5V and 12V respectively both drawing 5A from the wall or both can be charged via micro-usb albeit only at 2.4A thus will take quite a bit longer than the claimed hour full charge. The Pronto 5 has a single 2.4A (Fast charge) USB port where as the Pronto 12 has Dual 2.4A USB ports that allow both to draw 2.4A at the same time as well as a single 12V output.

b67zMiu.png

Both products come with the required AC Wall Charger for the fast charge but the Pronto 5 has a micro usb cable included and the Pronto 12 has 12v adapter included in the box.

In my opinion battery banks are one of those things that you don't think about until the last second before going somewhere, and this particular device would have saved me on many occasions. L.M.G who we all know also use a lot of battery banks on trips could probably also benefit from such a device.

KICKSTARTER (for more information)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/powerpractical/the-pronto-fast-charge-battery?ref=category

Rig: Intel Core i5 3570k , 16GB Corsair Vengeance , Gigabyte G1. Sniper 3 , EVGA GTX780 SLI, Asus Xonar STX , Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, 1TB WD BLACK , 1TB Seagate Barracuda , 4TB Seagate Barracuda

Monitors: X-STAR 30" 2560x1440 IPS

Peripherals: Logitech G9x Mouse, Corsair K9% RGB, Logitech Z623 Speakers, V-MODA Crossfade LP2's with Boom Pro Mic.

cool, i hope this works better than my microwave

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

And this doesn't cause damage to the batteries? I'm tempted by it, but I'd rather wait until it comes to market before getting one.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

This will just create a serious amount of wear on the battery

I'm also sceptical that a Micro USB port can take 5 amps

Compatible with Windows 95

For some reason I see this setting peoples phones of fire....

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

I dont think this is going to work because the iphone 5 only draws 1A and 5V so it wouldn't take advantage of the 60Wattts of power

but just because the charger is 60 watt, it doesnt mean that the phone can and or will take 60, more likely 1, 2, or 5, if its a table.

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Quick charging causes huge degradation on the battery. You're better off with an external battery case than something like this 

Guys guys! It's use and throw battery :D

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

This will just create a serious amount of wear on the battery

I'm also sceptical that a Micro USB port can take 5 amps

About the wear on the battery I was also thinking the same thing. I wonder how long it will last. The battery bank itself can draw 5A for charging but only outputs 2.4A (Max) to the given device.

I dont think this wont work because the iphone 5 only draws 1A and 5V so it wouldn't take advantage of the 60Wattts of power

As stated above it outputs 2.4A (max) so you can plug in any USB device but its up to the given device to draw the current it wants/needs. 

Rig: Intel Core i5 3570k , 16GB Corsair Vengeance , Gigabyte G1. Sniper 3 , EVGA GTX780 SLI, Asus Xonar STX , Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, 1TB WD BLACK , 1TB Seagate Barracuda , 4TB Seagate Barracuda

Monitors: X-STAR 30" 2560x1440 IPS

Peripherals: Logitech G9x Mouse, Corsair K9% RGB, Logitech Z623 Speakers, V-MODA Crossfade LP2's with Boom Pro Mic.

So, for all of you who aren't actually reading it...

THE BATTERY PACK can be charged enough in 5 minutes to equal a full charge on a phone. IT DOES NOT say that you can charge your phone in 5 minutes from this device.

Its simply a LiPo with a high "C" rating (means it can charge and discharge quickly.) The fact it uses a LiPo is enough for me to stay well away from it, especially being from a kickstarter. I've seen first hand what happens when a charger messes up a LiPo cell, and it pretty much explodes. I don't want that thing anywhere near my body.

i'm 99% sure this will kill your battery faster than a normal speed.

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

Snip

Is LiPo that dangerous?

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

So, for all of you who aren't actually reading it...

THE BATTERY PACK can be charged enough in 5 minutes to equal a full charge on a phone. IT DOES NOT say that you can charge your phone in 5 minutes from this device.

Its simply a LiPo with a high "C" rating (means it can charge and discharge quickly.) The fact it uses a LiPo is enough for me to stay well away from it, especially being from a kickstarter. I've seen first hand what happens when a charger messes up a LiPo cell, and it pretty much explodes. I don't want that thing anywhere near my body.

Yeah, I was going to say this myself. The first thing I realized when I saw the title was that it was misleading and yes it is indeed misleading.

@yorky321 , change your title.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Guys all phones use LiPos...it's the standard battery these days.

I cannot wait until someone kills themselves because their battery exploded and took out the side of their head. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I cannot wait until someone kills themselves because their battery exploded and took out the side of their head. 

I'm trying to imagine the scenario where someone puts the charger to their temple at the exact moment that it explodes...

Nice I can charge my phone in 5 minutes, but every time it will only last 0.5 seconds less.  :lol:

I'm trying to imagine the scenario where someone puts the charger to their temple at the exact moment that it explodes...

Like in that film where the woman picks up the phone and the bomb in the phone goes off at the side of her head and takes her head off. Yea just like that. But not the charger but the phone because the battery had been charged up at a higher wattage than it should have causing the battery to explode. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard