[clarkmcc] YOYOMAH | Water-cooled, i3, sleeved, SAPPHIRE r9 270x

clarkmcc

I like it but the painted fan is putting me off. It's too glossy and looks like the wrong shade of red too. I would go to you local walmart in their automotive section they should sell a sparkly red that would match your heatsinks better I think the brand name is Dupli-Color.

Thanks for the input. It looks a different color because of the flash. I think I will but I'm afraid of the blades getting too heavy. Ill try it and see.

Okay, as you can see, I have my radiator mounted on the side. Where is the best place to put it for heat transfer and where is the best place to put it for aesthetics?

IMG_4987.jpg

It would probably work best if you used it as an outlet fan which would be you had to switch it with the black fan. However I don't think the difference would be that big, besides your radiator will be more noticable, which is something I would try to avoid. Which would mean I would keep it as it is, it looks good to me :)!

i7 4770k // Scythe Mugen PCGH 4 // Asus Maximus VI Hero // Crucial Ballistix 2x 4GB 1866 CL9 // MSI GTX 770 2GB Gaming

Okay, as you can see, I have my radiator mounted on the side. Where is the best place to put it for heat transfer and where is the best place to put it for aesthetics?

Best performance would be to have a push-pull (2 fans) configuration on the rear or on the top, IMO, to help exhausting the air coming from the front (you ought to have a front intake).

Aesthetics? Somewhere hidden because rads are pretty ugly IMO.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

UPDATE #3 - CPU and RAM

Sorry for the fuzzy pics, don't have DSLR right now but will post nice ones soon! Got the CPU and RAM today and installed them. Don't give me an earful about the Pentium also. I'm getting an i7/Xeon soon but want to see how far I can overclock this cheep one.

IMG_20141011_182752155.jpg

IMG_20141011_182845095.jpg

I would paint the cable management bar red. I have the white and black versions of the case and having a different color on the cable management bare looks better imo.

Okay so I've been doing a little bit of GPU overclocking and here are my results. Running EVGA OC scanner X, I performed various tests on my GTX 750 Ti FTW.

Started with a +90Mhz Core clock increase

And a +180Mhz Mem clock increase

This performed all of the test stably

I then increased to +100Mhz core

And +200Mhz Mem

It passed all tests except particle rendering and the tessellation  test.

Using the first OC my card is now 1409Mhz Core clock (on KBoost with Overvoltage at about 1200mv) and Memory clock at 1350

Any other combination of clocks that could improve this? Also, my display driver crashes sometimes, is this because the card can't go any higher or is it because my Core Clock/Memory Clock/Voltage ratio isn't correct?

QUESTION: I have an NZXT Kraken coming tomorrow and I want to paint the radiator aluminum border if possible. Is this a wise idea or should I drop it completely?

If its front mounted, go for it!

Then you need to use a few, very thing coats. You completely went overboard on that fan, go thinner this time and do several layers instead, you'll get a much more even finish.

+1 on this, My teacher used one giant coat on my project and it took like 4 days to completely dry!

The more thin coats the better!

Current Build: Desk

My case is my most expensive part

Its Almost 2015 and I don't have an SSD

I would paint the cable management bar red. I have the white and black versions of the case and having a different color on the cable management bare looks better imo.

I would but I've tried to avoid altering the case in any way just in case I need to sell it.

If its front mounted, go for it!

+1 on this, My teacher used one giant coat on my project and it took like 4 days to completely dry!

The more thin coats the better!

Okay thanks! Good info there. What paint would you use. I heard Vinyl Die was good?

Okay thanks! Good info there. What paint would you use. I heard Vinyl Die was good?

Well it looks like vinyl die is for...Vinyl... and last time i checked vinyl isn't aluminum

Maybe the same as the one you painted your fan so it matches?

Im not an expert in painting but just find a color that matches your mobo or that fan you painted lol

as for painting, sand, self etching primer, and your choice of paint! Mask of the inside of the fins if you don't want those colored.

Current Build: Desk

My case is my most expensive part

Its Almost 2015 and I don't have an SSD

UPDATE #4 - Push Pull Radiator

Okay so I put in a push pull system finally. Unfortunately  I can no longer adjust the fan speed with NZXT's CAM software however temps look better and the rig looks better.

IMG_20141016_143134366.jpg

IMG_20141016_143201286.jpg

IMG_20141016_145732901.jpgIMG_20141016_145754393.jpg

UPDATE #5 - Second Graphics Card

I added an AMD Radeon Sapphire HD 7950 to this thing as well as the 750 Ti. The 750 Ti is used for dedicated PhysX as the AMD card can double the frame rate speed on primary graphics. Runs about 30+ FPS on Firestrike 3Dmark 11.

More pics to come.

1413951507211.jpg

UPDATE #5 - Second Graphics Card

I added an AMD Radeon Sapphire HD 7950 to this thing as well as the 750 Ti. The 750 Ti is used for dedicated PhysX as the AMD card can double the frame rate speed on primary graphics. Runs about 30+ FPS on Firestrike 3Dmark 11.

More pics to come.

1413951507211.jpg

I thought you couldn't do that anymore? Didn't Nvida disable using one of their cards for physics as you use and AMD one for actual fps?

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

I thought you couldn't do that anymore? Didn't Nvida disable using one of their cards for physics as you use and AMD one for actual fps?

Yep, I did it but I removed the 750 Ti and put it in my Winter Soldier rig because I don't have any games that use PhysX so it didn't make sense.

• 3 weeks later...

Update #6 - ENTIRE REVISION OF DESIGN (ITX case)

Okay, so after much deliberation and trial and error, I've decided to put the build into an ITX case. I put all the components onto and ITX board. These are all the pictures I have for now. The full build pictures are coming when I get my studio set up.

sz0z2tS.jpg

pH7yzG1.jpg

11m9pqy.jpg

CBq4Ptp.jpg

231OtuU.jpg

H397Old.jpg

suL10PH.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE - NEW GPU

​I recently acquired a Sapphire Radeon R9 270x Toxic Edition for $125 off ebay. It works like a charm but is bigger then any of the other cards I've tried in this machine. Better pics later today.

4JTtQzs.jpg

noice, that card is blazingly cool, it looks like it's trying to break out of it's case lol.

Pentium G3258 @ 4.2GHz | Asus R9 290 | MSI Z97s SLI Plus | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1600MHZ | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | 250GB 840 Evo |Evga Supernova 750W | Win 7 Home Premium | Corsair Obsidian 800D |

i5-2450M @ 2.50 GHz | 8GB RAM | 500GB 5400rpm HDD | Nvidia gt630m | Win 8.1 Pro |

noice, that card is blazingly cool, it looks like it's trying to break out of it's case lol.

Yes, I highly recommend it! I got it on ebay for $125. I found this deal for $140 if you're interested, I'd buy the card for crossfire but can't afford it now. http://www.ebay.com/itm/SAPPHIRE-TOXIC-R9-270X-2GB-GDDR5-WITH-BOOST-UEFI-/221634492105?pt=PCC_Video_TV_Cards&hash=item339a71f6c9

• 1 month later...