Recommendations for new TV

KurtA

SO, Im changing the layout of my room to make room *huehue* for a new TV. In my household we still have a behemoth of a CRT TV so im pretty newb in the TV biz. Checked out a few websites for the appropriate size vis a vis viewing distance and the 47" class strikes a sweet spot. 

Now, for the fun stuff...im planning to connect both my main rig and *ahem* eventual PS4 (for exclusives ok!) via hdmi and wifi is a must. Are there any brands/models/anything within a €600 budget that fits the bill...aka beautiful picture quality, acceptable blacks and ok-ish for gaming?

Also, I did some research about 60Hz vs the marketed 100+Hz and concluded that it really doesnt make a difference since its all image manipulation by blackening frames etc...so if you can further explain what is the best/recommended refresh rate I'd appreciate it

Peace out and thanks y'all

i5 4670k - ASUS GTX770 - ASUS Maximus VI Hero - 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP - Corsair 750W PSU - Corsair 750D - WD 1TB Caviar Black HDD - 256GB Samsung EVO 265

For gaming, 100/120/200/240/etc. Hz backlight scanning systems work well. Motion interpolation improves motion resolution but the processing adds input lag. The latter is only available in more expensive sets due to processing needs.

The TV below should be a decent candidate for the price. It has low input lag, good black levels and "LED Motion Plus" (backlight scanning). Its main downside is black smearing.

http://www.amazon.de/Samsung-UE50H5570-LED-Backlight-Fernseher-100Hz-schwarz/dp/B00IVXAC60

Samsung, Sony and Sharp most frequently use VA panels. This results in darker blacks, but narrower viewing angles.

LG and Philips most frequently use IPS panels, resulting in wide viewing angles but shallower blacks.

Other brands tend to switch between panel types depending on cost and availability. Toshiba and Panasonic used to sell IPS TVs for example, but had recently moved to VA.

Maybe wait a little bit and save up for a 4k Vizio TV? I think it will be a great investment in the long run even for a 1st gen 

a resolution that big is not gonna yield anything back in terms of content aka movies have a loooong way to go to switch to 4k and consoles wouldnt dream of running that res.. hence why im preferring a 1080p. 

but a monitor? im thinking about that all the time hehe

i5 4670k - ASUS GTX770 - ASUS Maximus VI Hero - 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP - Corsair 750W PSU - Corsair 750D - WD 1TB Caviar Black HDD - 256GB Samsung EVO 265