GPU slot failed and i cant get it working again

My GPU slot failed and i have tried numerous things to get it folding again but nothing works. I tried removing and adding it back as a slot. Tried a re install of F@H multiple times. GPU works fine with everything else. Not OC'd either.

It looks like a faulty WU maybe? How do i solve this problem? Thanks.

post-107732-0-89937900-1412488201_thumb.

post-107732-0-81208100-1412488205_thumb.

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

RMA the board

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

rma?

sending it back in if its covered under a warranty

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

-snip-

You have a 970. RMA it, but you can try the oven method as a last resort?

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

sending it back in if its covered under a warranty

You have a 970. RMA it, but you can try the oven method as a last resort?

Why would i RMA the GPU? It works fine in everything else. No issues what so ever lol

Keeps cycling between these two WU's 13000 and 13001. Both fail. I tried deleting them in the Data folder but they keep coming back.

post-107732-0-03521600-1412490130_thumb.

Are you folding in the Windows 10 Preview?

Phanteks Enthoo Pro Black | Corsair TX750v2 | ASRock Z97 Extreme4 | Core i5 4670K @ 4.4 GHz @ 1.27V | Corsair H105 | 16GB Patriot Viper 3 PC3-12800 | EVGA GeForce GTX 770 | Axiom Signature III 240GB SSD | WDC 1TB Blue | Hitachi 750GB

I use a 'moron filter' on tech forums. If I don't respond to your post, considered yourself filtered out.

I'd make sure you have the newest driver installed, then verify that you don't have any flags set. Maxwell in general is not one-hundred percent compatible with F@H yet. There's nothing you can do, except hope you get an acceptable work unit. It sounds like you've already deleted the work unit in order to force the client to download another.

this is a common problem that has been going around since yesterday apparently, i have no idea what they have done to the wu's, or if new drivers suddenly were released or what's causing this to be entirely honest, but this is the error that is going around "ERROR:exception: Force RMSE error of 640.873 with threshold of 5". That is the error i have been getting, aswell as other people, i can see it in your log aswell, at the very least we know it's most likely not a local issue, guess we just got to wait for an update from Stanford.  I did try adding the advanced flag, but that didn't change anything.

EDIT: i'l keep you updated it i come across anything, seems they did a recent change to the core 17-18 wu's that broke them, atleast for us maxwellers apparently.

Why would i RMA the GPU? It works fine in everything else. No issues what so ever lol

yhe motherboard

why would he rma a perfectly functioning motherboard because of third party software issues? don't try and give advice when you don't even have the slightest idea of what's going on here.

I thought the actual slot was faulty

I thought the actual slot was faulty

then the gpu most certainly wouldn't be perfectly functional with everything aside from folding, rma isn't the answer to everything.

then the gpu most certainly wouldn't be perfectly functional with everything aside from folding.

I think I read your original post wrong what I understood from it is that the first slot doesn't work which doesnt mean your gpu is broken

Edit: I think I understand what you were saying then. You F@H gpu slot isnt working

I am having the exact same problem, CPU is working fine but the GPU is stuck at 0%.

yesterday's weirdness is tomorrow's reason why

Well thanks for the reply guys. It is good to know it isnt something on my end. I have tried multiple times to delete the WU but it always cycles between 13000/130001 no matter what i do. I will just wait and see if Stanford fixes it.

I am having the exact same problem, CPU is working fine but the GPU is stuck at 0%.

Still having this problem and i have been trying to find a solution since last night. I try adding the advance option to the gpu slot and it changed the WU but my gpu still isnt being used. Getting frustrated and feel like just giving up lol

having exact same issue with the 980

Main Rig : i7 5960X - 16GB DDR4 LPX 2400mhz - Asus Rampage V - 980GTX Ti - AX1200i - 650D - H110 - 1TB 840 EVO SSD - 30 inch HP 1600p IPS + 2xHP 20 inch 1600x1200 PLP setup! - Oculus DK2 - Logitech G502 - Corsair K70 RGB - Fanatec GT3 Wheel

i7 3930K - 16GB DDR3 2133mhz - Asus Rampage IV - 2 x 680GTX - AX850 - 550D - H100i - 256GB 830 Pro SSD - 2713HM 1440p IPS - G5 -

i5 3570K - MSI SLI Z87 motherboard - 4GB Corsair 1600mhz - Adaptec 31205 - Dell Perc 5/i - Intel Quad PT1000 Gigabit Network Card - Loads of 4TB RED's - +-70tb total storrage - HX850watts - Ri-Vier 24bay 4 U case

Hey guys, seems to be a problem on F@H side. My 980 folds fine till I tested there new Maxwell Beta setting. Working on it now to see if I can get it back to normal.

\

Hey guys, seems to be a problem on F@H side. My 980 folds fine till I tested there new Maxwell Beta setting. Working on it now to see if I can get it back to normal.

you were probably just lucky with the wu's, this only started recently. You are probably better off just pausing the slot and waiting for stanford to get their shit together, instead of causing even more mayhem.

you were probably just lucky with the wu's, this only started recently. You are probably better off just pausing the slot and waiting for stanford to get their shit together, instead of causing even more mayhem.

Seems like it, It worked OOB after a reformat since my drivers where messed. Folding with around 280-290K PPD.

\

yeah my 750 TI failed WUs that were AND weren't on the advanced flag. so I don't know what spooky thing is going on here

yeah my 750 TI failed WUs that were AND weren't on the advanced flag.

Same here, my 750 TI failed so I changed the flag and it still failed. I guess we just have to wait for a fix.

yesterday's weirdness is tomorrow's reason why