What XBone to go with?

RevoltTrain

The question should be more like: Why go out and get drunk, essentially destroying your body AND paying $300 for that? You don't have to get drunk / drink in order to have a good time.

I'll leave it at that and say that in my opinion the $500 are better spent elsewhere, for example saving towards a (better) car, buying clothes+shoes+rain/winter jackets/coats which would amount to ±500$ or more for good quality stuff, or just put it into your savings / bank account to use at a later date (eg eating PROPER and HEALTHY food).

However, i am not here to tell him what he MUST do and i will respect the fact he wants the game and therefore has to buy an xbox one (t is his money after all). 

"destroying" is such a relative term. I could say that the person who goes to McDonalds three times a week is doing MUCH more harm to their body.

No, you don't have to. You don't have to play computer games to have a good time either. But, it is fun. Maybe not to you, but to others and myself.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I would go with the Sunset Overdrive bundle simply because you get a free digital download of Sunset Overdrive plus you'll match your PC (like you stated). The day one edition is nothing special. It was only special if you actually purchased it on DAY ONE lol.

Game Dev | Pro Gamer

If you are going to get an Xbox One wait for a hardware revision that will allows games to run at 60 FPS and 1080p without a hitch.  Oh wait this is not going to happen and so with that said don't buy one at all.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

If you are going to get an Xbox One wait for a hardware revision that will allows games to run at 60 FPS and 1080p without a hitch.  Oh wait this is not going to happen and so with that said don't buy one at all.

One of the lead evlopers for the new gpu for the xbone, said it still isn't as powerful as the ps4's gpu.

If you want serious gaming on a console, ps4 is the way go.

If you want serious gaming on a console, ps4 is the way go.

That's bs.

Just because its hardware is a bit stronger makes it better for games? Go and get some fresh air.

It comes down to exclusive games, that's what the OP wants.

144Hz goodness

-snip-

dont get me wrong, i agree with most of what you're saying. but i'd like to welcome you to the console section of the forum, where people are welcome to talk about console crap and shouldnt have their opinions shit on for doing so. if you dont like it, thats ok. but dont spout your anticonsole crap here. take it to r/gaming.

perhaps you can format your response like this:

"forza (eww racing games..) is a console exclusive and although i dont think its wise to purchase an (imo) overpriced console for a single game, if you choose to do so, get the white one, itll look cooler and will match your pc."

that will get your opinion across without sounding like a douchbag in a place you clearly dont belong

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

dont get me wrong, i agree with most of what you're saying. but i'd like to welcome you to the console section of the forum, where people are welcome to talk about console crap and shouldnt have their opinions shit on for doing so. if you dont like it, thats ok. but dont spout your anticonsole crap here. take it to r/gaming.

perhaps you can format your response like this:

"forza (eww racing games..) is a console exclusive and although i dont think its wise to purchase an (imo) overpriced console for a single game, if you choose to do so, get the white one, itll look cooler and will match your pc."

that will get your opinion across without sounding like a douchbag in a place you clearly dont belong

I don't belong here, and neither does this subsection, deal with it.

Way to necro me back into a thread btw.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

That's bs.

Just because its hardware is a bit stronger makes it better for games? Go and get some fresh air.

It comes down to exclusive games, that's what the OP wants.

Well, me and the other 12 million people who got a ps4, also think that their exclusives are better. ;)

(Muh kill zone, muh last of us, muh infamous, [insert more here.] )

Well, me and the other 12 million people who got a ps4, also think that their exclusives are better. ;)

So what?

If the Op wants FH2 you want him to buy TLOU remastered? Makes sense.

144Hz goodness

Killzone was left to die pretty early on, as most people (including ps4 fanboys) admit the multiplayer is "stale", The last of us didn't need a hd re-release yet, as the game was only a little over a year old anyway. And most people never picked up Infamous after completing one 3 to 4 hour run through of the game. There is no replay value with any of those games at all once the single player campaigns are finished, and all 3 are a waste of time and effort for a gamer. There is also the fact that Sony have just released a racing game that was delayed for almost a whole year, which has been bitch slapped by forza horizon 2 in every regard but graphics in reviews by most gaming sites, and even some hardcore PS fans are looking towards FH2 for the fact it is overall a better game. Even Forza 5 has higher scores than driveclub, and FM5 got a ton of crap when it first released for Micro transactions, lack of tracks, lack of cars, lack of features, and more. Sony cant even release the "free" version of the game for playstation plus subs, because it breaks the game. They have locked out all racing wheels compatible with the PS2 and PS3, and now require a security chip built into the devices. So that means no more ps3 compatible Fanatec wheels, no more Logitech G25 or G27, and no Thrustmaster T500RS. Oh, but you can buy a brand new overpriced wheel from Thrustmaster that is licensed and endorsed by Sony, the company that are "for the gamer". Oh, but the PS4 FAQ from when the console released stated that compatibility for racing wheels would be left up to the game developers, as Sony WILL NOT limit gamers choices. I have noticed that has changed drastically since driveclub released. Yeh, a company that really cares about their consumers right there. At least Microsoft had the balls to fire the retard, and EX EA douch, Don Mattrick. Reverse not only the X1's DRM plan, but also remove apps from the gold paywall. and are trying their hardest to show consumers that they want to give us what want want. Sure it all comes down to money, and they want ours. But least MS are actually trying. Sony are just riding on the PS4 sales at the moment, but with no decent games out; the system will Bomb soon enough. Both Sony and Microsoft have screwed the pooch this generation, with both having massively underpowered hardware, both struggling to reach 1080p and 60fps (yes sony are struggling here also, just not as much).

And before you ask, Yes I have an Xbox 360, and an Xbox one. I also have a gaming pc. I own far more pc games than I do Xbox games, and I use the xbox platform only for its main exclusives. Which is Forza and Halo. I would have a Playstation 3 and 4, but no decent racing games for the latter, and GT5 ruined the Gran Turismo franchise for me with its standard cars collection, place holder interiors on those case, and sub standard handling physics compared to even the PS2 GT titles; let alone Forza and the PC sims that I race on. Hell, I have been playing project cars on pc for a long time now, and don't like it all that much; but I like it more than Gran Turismo at this moment in time.

The PS4 does have some good games coming up that I am interested in however, but with the current line up of PS4 games on the market, I will be waiting for the reviews of those games before I drop any money on a PS4.

Op, go for an Xbox one with a 1tb harddrive in it. It will give you more flexability later on, but you will need to buy a USB 3.0 external harddrive at some point in the future for game storage. All Xbox one games have to be installed onto the consoles harddrive, including disk based releases.

• 3 weeks later...

You should not pick up any console, stop enabling these companies to bilk people for shitty hardware and pointlessly exclusive games.

I'd love to play halo, but I'm not idiotic enough to pay 500 bucks for shit hardware, to play a game that should be on pc to begin with, but isn't because they need some way to convince idiots to buy it.

Look, a lot of people who but consoles don't really care about the hardware, they just want to buy something they can plug into their TV and play games and don't want to pay the same amount of money on a graphics card alone, me included, I like to play casually with my friends on XBox. And don't even start with me about shitty hardware, I've been gaming on a Pentium iGPU for over a year...  :angry:

Thank you.

Wardojack.