What XBone to go with?

RevoltTrain

I'm not preaching hate, I'm preaching sense. Consoles are harming the video game industry more and more each year, and buying a console for an exclusive just further perpetuates that occurrence. If you are okay with contributing to that then fine, I am not. I for one take pride in having some self control and realization that what I do not buy, it more important than what I do buy.

I have said my piece, if you still feel justified in spending $500 bucks to play a single game, just because your friends play it, then you must either be rolling in cash, or not very good with it in my opinion. I would encourage you to save that money and buy something that will better your life, or maybe just put that money into savings because not enough people save money these days.

I'm not rolling in money by any means. I make about 18K per year. I am quite good with my money. I have to pay for every single thing I want/need. I have paid for my own Car, school supplies, PC, and setup. So I am quite good with money at 16 which is quite rare. And when I have a little bit extra I will spend it on something that is not necessary but nice to have (AKA the XBone) 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

I'm not rolling in money by any means. I make about 18K per year. I am quite good with my money. I have paid for my own Car, school supplies, PC, and setup. So I am quite good with money at 16 which is quite rare. And when I have a little bit extra I will spend it on something that is not necessary but nice to have (AKA the XBone) 

I just think you'd be better off an happier in the long run by saving that money for something, better car, college, girlfriend, etc. To me paying 500 bucks for a console to play 1 single game just seems like a complete and utter waste of money.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Mini itx rigs with cases from silverstone and TV mountable open cases already available and computer parts being able to match the performance of consoles for about $ 50  more (which is made up by buying cheaper games from eg steam while console games do not get a bg discount (if they even get one)). With PCs you can also do so much more than with a console. Also, the OS doesn't have to be windows, it can be steamOS, which IMO is a good alternative the OS the ps4 and xbox are running.

Overall, you are actually saving money in the long run by buying a small form factor PC.

As it is mini itx, it is easy to transport.

And if you are into controllers then those are also available for PC (i have a xbox 360 wireless one, i didn't buy, i got it for free but it works (but i don't use it)).

And we haven't even covered most of the benefits of a mini itx PC :P

You're absolutely correct, doesn't change the fact that consoles are there for tech illiterate people anyway...

I agree that PC is much better; in fact I’ve my own gaming rig. But only try to tolerate consoles or if you can’t, try to educate people about PC.

Sadly consoles are here to stay as they’re so convenient for people. So what should we do?

A boycott is insignificant as we are so few, compared to the legions of users so.. yeah..

Mini itx rigs with cases from silverstone and TV mountable open cases already available and computer parts being able to match the performance of consoles for about $ 50  more (which is made up by buying cheaper games from eg steam while console games do not get a bg discount (if they even get one)). With PCs you can also do so much more than with a console. Also, the OS doesn't have to be windows, it can be steamOS, which IMO is a good alternative the OS the ps4 and xbox are running.

Overall, you are actually saving money in the long run by buying a small form factor PC.

As it is mini itx, it is easy to transport.

And if you are into controllers then those are also available for PC (i have a xbox 360 wireless one, i didn't buy, i got it for free but it works (but i don't use it)).

And we haven't even covered most of the benefits of a mini itx PC :P

I do know that consoles aren't as good as PC. I have a PC. (Specs in Sig) But I really miss playing alot of games with friends as most of my friends don't have a PC. Which is a big reason I am picking up the XBone and Forza Horizon 2.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

By buying into the exclusivity bullshit, you are in fact contributing to it's continued existence.

Just stop, stop buying consoles, stop saying "but I need it to play (insert game)!" No, you don't, You need self respect, and self control. STOP ENABLING THEM TO DO THIS SHIT.

They only get away with it because people are stupid enough to buy it, plain and simple.

It won't ever be unless you stop buying it, encourage everyone else to not buy it, and give them a financial incentive to release it on PC. Otherwise enjoy paying them to fuck you over. (also the rest of us)

Go away Mustards.

You can, if you don't perpetuate such a defeatist attitude. And it is harming the industry, eventually people will get tired of paying for shit products and we will have a crash. I know I for one, after buying bf4 on console, was sick and tired of being left behind, and having a worse experience in return for "convenience". To me it wasn't even convenient because I couldn't enjoy the games that I bought because they looked bad, ran bad, lagged, were handicapped in other ways (not have 32v32 in bf3 for instance, despite pc having it).

Well, that's your experience. Other’s may not be the same as they may not know better.

As for people using their money, it's for them to decide, can't do anything about it. So either become our savior or... just be quiet about it? or ... continue doing what you've been doing.

i can't change you and won’t try.

Well, that's your experience. Other’s may not be the same as they may not know better.

As for people using their money, it's for them to decide, can't do anything about it. So either become our savior or... just be quiet about it? or ... continue doing what you've been doing.

i can't change you and won’t try.

I'm just offering advice, it's always better for your own interest to save money than to not spend it, especially for unseen circumstances where you might suddenly need that money. Like losing a job, wrecking a car, etc.

That and pointing out that by buying exclusives you hurt the industry :P

I'm just offering advice, it's always better for your own interest to save money than to not spend it, especially for unseen circumstances where you might suddenly need that money. Like losing a job, wrecking a car, etc.

I've got money saved up for these type of things. That's the only reason I can pick up the XBone and Horizon 2.

Well you’re so kind in offering advice. Here have a cookie for your good intentions.

But in the end it’s the person’s choice, and the more the better.

Old Need for Speeds are better than Forza  :ph34r:

Could not agree more. I prefer running from the cops, and steamrolling through a roadblock at 250+ in a veryon to going around the same track 120 times in an endurance race lol

Well you’re so kind in offering advice. Here have a cookie for your good intentions.

But in the end it’s the person’s choice, and the more the better.

if your meaning to say that more choices are better, console exclusives are intended to specifically prevent and limit choices, just saying. We need to encourage Devs to refuse to make games exclusive, do what's best for them and make a game for every platform, rather than try and convince us to pick one platform

Could not agree more. I prefer running from the cops, and steamrolling through a roadblock at 250+ in a veryon to going around the same track 120 times in an endurance race lol

if your meaning to say that more choices are better, console exclusives are intended to specifically prevent and limit choices, just saying. We need to encourage Devs to refuse to make games exclusive, do what's best for them and make a game for every platform, rather than try and convince us to pick one platform

Man it would be so great if they'd listen to us and do it. 

Instead of listening to us and then turn to the massive amount of cash offered to them for exclusive content.

@Trik'Stari Consumers find it easier and cheaper to buy a console...  US$400 for a PS4/Xbox One...

I would really like to play The Last of Us and some other PS4 exclusives but when some of the developing companies are owned by the console manufacturer then you're kind of screwed.

It comes down to who has the money... Intel is able to pay developers to optimize things for their CPUs similar story for Nvidia... 

Why is Windows more popular than Linux in general? Because Microsoft is able to promote it's products unlike say Canonical and Ubuntu...

There are plenty of alternative and compatibility programs for Linux. But people either don't know that much about Linux or think it's only a  text based OS.

Consumers want what's easy and won't hurt their wallet... a Console is easy and won't hurt their wallet.  (Decent gaming computers start at about $590 if you build it your self, pre built gaming computers anywhere over $650...)

Also consoles make gaming easier...

When I build my machine primarily for doing creativity work like Blender and Ardour. I'll use it to game as well but for the games I want that don't have a chance of being brought over to PC because their developer is owned by the publisher...

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

I know for a fact I will be picking up an XBone in the future for Forza Horizon 2 and the Forza Series as a whole. Question is, should I pick up the Sunset Overdrive Bundle (White XBone that would match my PC beautifully) or the Day One Edition XBone? (Day One is still available at some stores locally, plus to mess with my friends that brag that they have the Day One Edition)

The white one looks pretty nice , but i've not seen it in person.

Its the best driving game i know.

iracing, hands down,, without a doubt, no question, second to none , the best online multiplayer racing "game"

CPU: i7 4790k OC'd @ 4.6 ghz COOLER: Corsair H105 (SP 120mm Quiet Edition Fans) MOBO: ASRock Z97 Extreme 6 RAM: Kingston Hyper Fury 16GB (2x8) 1866mhz

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB HDD: WD Blue 1TB GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750w 80+ Gold Fully Modular CASE: Fractal Arc Midi R2

OPTICAL DRIVE: Samsung DVD Burner OS: Win 7 64bit   Please do some research of your own before asking questions. Google and Youtube are your friend.

iracing, hands down,, without a doubt, no question, second to none , the best online multiplayer racing "game"

But iracing is a simulator. Forza is a semi sim

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Stop using forza as an excuse. For starters, a lot of XBone exclusives have been ported to PC or are having ports planned.

Second, Forza just isn't good enough to justify buying a console which by the way is the same price as a good GPU upgrade that you are in dire need of; my friend.

Third, stop enabling exclusives. They're just bad for the industry.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

A good a Xbox, is a Xbox with a stripped hardrive and removed GPU

If this has turned into a which is the best racing game discussion, Tackmania, nothing to debate here.

Plus buying a console only for 1 game actually hurts microsoft or whoever, they sell the consoles and hope you'll buy games so they can recup the loss. To hurt them is to buy a console and nothing else.

Black day one edition the white one could get stained and i don't think you can buy white controllers separately besides the titan fall one which is god awful. Also the white one isnt going to be limited edition whereas the day one is.

I'm with you op, although I prefer pc gaming and thinj consoles are shit, I'm getting an xbonr for Halo. The console games I can ever play.

Wow, so much bullshit in here, I have to wash my eyes for a second... I'm back, much better now.

Firstly , I have the black Xbone and it blends in with my entertainment setup quite nicely, I expect the white one to be just as eye catching as my white 360, therefore I'd say go with the black one.

Maybe you find a bundle?

Secondly, people should either answer the OPs question or get out.

PC-only gaming isn't for everyone so stop trying to convice people with absurd master race theories.

Companies know that the console market delivers money so it's unlikely they'll stop developing games for these platforms, and I'm glad about that.

144Hz goodness

If you are going to pick it up in the future then wait for the inevitable slim models.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Are you still posting in this thread? I think everyone stopped paying attention to you three pages ago.