What XBone to go with?

RevoltTrain

Your still giving them every incentive to keep making games exclusive, and as a result, harming the gaming community as a whole

Gran Turismo, that's one of the reasons that i bought a ps2 

It's just a game. I suggest you just save the money for something else, you are essentially paying ±500$ for a game -.-

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

Indeed, and it's people that say what you just said, who continue to enable them. If everyone would stop saying that, and actually do what I'm suggesting, it would be a fuck load more than just one sale.

one hundred sales is still only a nickle going missing, unless the entire market stopped buying things it will not happen

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

Gran Turismo, that's one of the reasons that i bought a ps2 

And you should feel shame for that.

It's just a game. I suggest you just save the money for something else, you are essentially paying ±500$ for a game -.-

^this.

Grow up people, show some self respect. Stop thinking "I want it, thus it is a good expenditure of my hard earned cash". Put that money to better use, put it into a savings account or something.

one hundred sales is still only a nickle going missing, unless the entire market stopped buying things it will not happen

Your defeatest attitude is contagious, and detrimental to society, please stop.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

harming the gaming community as a whole

That's pretty obtuse.  

A game sale for a console benefits the console.   Plain and simple.    

So saying that a benefit for a console is a detriment to the gaming community as a whole is false.  Simple logic.  Because the whole includes the individual.  

There's nothing wrong with being pro-PC, but at least make the argument valid. 

That's pretty obtuse.  

A game sale for a console benefits the console.   Plain and simple.    

So saying that a benefit for a console is a detriment to the gaming community as a whole is false.  Simple logic.  Because the whole includes the individual.  

There's nothing wrong with being pro-PC, but at least make the argument valid. 

You are giving them money, thousands/millions of others are doing the same thing because "well I want to play this game that only comes out for console". If you and those like you would say "fuck this, it's not worth it to pay a few hundred dollars for shitty hardware to play a few games that aren't available on pc" then maybe we could get those games available on PC instead of being exclusive. If you can't understand this, and who you and those like you are harming the gaming industry as a whole, you need to wake up and look at yourself in the mirror.

There is absolutely no reason what so ever for a game to be exclusive to console, other than they make it that way to try and get you to buy the console. You are, effectively, being cheated, and what's worse, you seem to like it.

I'd go for the white one if it matches your PC! That said, do you live near any large cities? Like within easy driving distance?
If so, and you're only buying it for one game, I'd probably just pick up a used console and save a huge amount of money that way.

They get posted for around $250 all the time on CL here.

You should not pick up any console, stop enabling these companies to bilk people for shitty hardware and pointlessly exclusive games.

I'd love to play halo, but I'm not idiotic enough to pay 500 bucks for shit hardware, to play a game that should be on pc to begin with, but isn't because they need some way to convince idiots to buy it.

So your going to pay 500 bucks of your hard earned cash....for a racing game.

Instead of just making your current hardware better, getting a better screen, saving that money for something worthwhile

Right... *faith in humanity lost*

While I get what you're saying and it is your opinion, which you're entitled to, calling people idiots and saying they have no self respect for liking something you don't is just plain ignorance on your part.

Guess what, not everyone is going to like what you like. Not everyone needs to be at the peak of graphical fidelity to have an absolutely awesome time with a few buds.
I bought an Xbox 360. I had a ton of games for it, and I had countless hours of fun killing n00bs with my buddies.

I also have a PC, laptop, etc etc. I agree that performance wise, a PC is better. But am I lacking self respect?

Nope. I paid money, and had many awesome stories and many, many hours of fun to tell because of it.

If you actually believe that people that pay money to play something that they really enjoy are idiots, and don't have self respect, I feel sorry for you. That's incredibly close minded.

There are nights when I'll go out drinking and spend in excess of $300.

$500 for a console and games that will provide much longer enjoyment to an individual doesn't seem like a huge investment, now does it?

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

And you should feel shame for that.

^this.

Grow up people, show some self respect. Stop thinking "I want it, thus it is a good expenditure of my hard earned cash". Put that money to better use, put it into a savings account or something.

Your defeatest attitude is contagious, and detrimental to society, please stop.

The energy you are wasting to convince someone to not make a purchase, that they have already decided they are going to make, is appalling. Let the man spend the money the way he wants. Considering he is on THIS FORUM I am sure he very much aware of the benefits of PC gaming over console gaming. 

Why did I waste the energy to type this?

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless

Ehh I am not a fan of the white XB1. I just got a normal XB1 shortly after launch and it is purely a Forza and Halo Machine. All my other games get played on PC now. 

CPU: Intel I7-4790k | MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB 1600hz | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Reference

PSU: Corsair EVGA G2 850W  | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Case: Corsair 760T (White) | Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches

I'd go for the white one if it matches your PC! That said, do you live near any large cities? Like within easy driving distance?

If so, and you're only buying it for one game, I'd probably just pick up a used console and save a huge amount of money that way.

They get posted for around $250 all the time on CL here.

While I get what you're saying and it is your opinion, which you're entitled to, calling people idiots and saying they have no self respect for liking something you don't is just plain ignorance on your part.

Guess what, not everyone is going to like what you like. Not everyone needs to be at the peak of graphical fidelity to have an absolutely awesome time with a few buds.

I bought an Xbox 360. I had a ton of games for it, and I had countless hours of fun killing n00bs with my buddies.

I also have a PC, laptop, etc etc. I agree that performance wise, a PC is better. But am I lacking self respect?

Nope. I paid money, and had many awesome stories and many, many hours of fun to tell because of it.

If you actually believe that people that pay money to play something that they really enjoy are idiots, and don't have self respect, I feel sorry for you. That's incredibly close minded.

$500 for a console and games that will provide much longer enjoyment to an individual doesn't seem like a huge investment, now does it?

Again. It's not close minded, you are HARMING THE GAMING COMMUNITY AS A WHOLE. You are financially encouraging a system which is designed to screw people over, and it hurts everyone else as a result. I understand there are games you like, I would love to be playing halo right now, or even a Zelda game, but you know what? I'm not, because I'm not willing to waste my money, and contribute to the harming of the community as a whole, how can you not get this?

The energy you are wasting to convince someone to not make a purchase, that they have already decided they are going to make, is appalling. Let the man spend the money the way he wants. Considering he is on THIS FORUM I am sure he very much aware of the benefits of PC gaming over console gaming. 

Why did I waste the energy to type this?

Because I'm not a selfish person that thinks my actions don't effect others, by making these purchases, you harm the rest of us in the long run.

You are giving them money, thousands/millions of others are doing the same thing because "well I want to play this game that only comes out for console". If you and those like you would say "fuck this, it's not worth it to pay a few hundred dollars for shitty hardware to play a few games that aren't available on pc" then maybe we could get those games available on PC instead of being exclusive. If you can't understand this, and who you and those like you are harming the gaming industry as a whole, you need to wake up and look at yourself in the mirror.

There is absolutely no reason what so ever for a game to be exclusive to console, other than they make it that way to try and get you to buy the console. You are, effectively, being cheated, and what's worse, you seem to like it.

Wow.  Imagine what good you could do for the world if you channel that passion into something more productive.    Like disease research.  Or child abuse.  Or battered women.  

Again. It's not close minded, you are HARMING THE GAMING COMMUNITY AS A WHOLE. You are financially encouraging a system which is designed to screw people over, and it hurts everyone else as a result. I understand there are games you like, I would love to be playing halo right now, or even a Zelda game, but you know what? I'm not, because I'm not willing to waste my money, and contribute to the harming of the community as a whole, how can you not get this?

It's funny you mention that. No Man's Sky is releasing on PS4 as an exclusive before it hits PC. Do you know why? They need the revenue they'll get from the PS4 sales.

They simply wouldn't make as much money if they released it on PC first.

One example, but it shows that the console isn't affecting the PC market as much as you may think.

How are people that are enjoying what they're playing getting screwed over? Tell me that?

I don't see the money spent as a waste. Let's see, did I have fun? Yup. So. Money well spent.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Guys pls.

OP loves the Forza series, it's simple as that. I love Pokemon and Nintendo handhelds are the way to go for that. It's someone else's money and passion. Nothing wrong with owning a PC and console if you really love a franchise. Yeah, it sucks not everything is Steam, but that's how it goes. 

Yes, I too wish console exclusives weren't a thing, either.

Why is there always someone who complains about people wanting to play on consoles? I fyou're not happy with exclusive, contact whoever is making it exclusive, pay them 10 million more than microsoft, nintendo or sony is offering and shut up.

I would personally go with the edition that comes with a game, plus it's white. If you care about whatever achievement the Day 1 edition comes with, get that one.

You should not pick up any console, stop enabling these companies to bilk people for shitty hardware and pointlessly exclusive games.

I'd love to play halo, but I'm not idiotic enough to pay 500 bucks for shit hardware, to play a game that should be on pc to begin with, but isn't because they need some way to convince idiots to buy it.

I wouldn't go as far as branding anyone who owns a console as an idiot.

But anyway consoles aren't so bad, they push a huge market, allows groups of people to play with no hassle when there's a TV nearby. Man consoles have a lots of pros and giants cons.

But because your particular case doesn't require one, doesn't mean that a father will cash out a gigantic amount on a PC for a lil' boy when he will more than likely break it. so try to understand why consoles are there. and if you can't well atleast stop preaching hate ;x

The question should be more like: Why go out and get drunk, essentially destroying your body AND paying $300 for that? You don't have to get drunk / drink in order to have a good time.

I'll leave it at that and say that in my opinion the $500 are better spent elsewhere, for example saving towards a (better) car, buying clothes+shoes+rain/winter jackets/coats which would amount to ±500$ or more for good quality stuff, or just put it into your savings / bank account to use at a later date (eg eating PROPER and HEALTHY food).

However, i am not here to tell him what he MUST do and i will respect the fact he wants the game and therefore has to buy an xbox one (t is his money after all). 

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

But anyway consoles aren't so bad, they push a huge market, allows groups of people to play with no hassle when there's a TV nearby. Man consoles have a lots of pros and giants cons.

But because your particular case doesn't require one, doesn't mean that a father will cash out a gigantic amount on a PC for a lil' boy when he will more than likely break it. so try to understand why consoles are there. and if you can't well atleast stop preaching hate ;x

Perhaps we could have a debate on whether there really are/is (a) pro/s to consoles. I don't see any.

But that is for another thread, so if you would be so kind and start it that would be excellent, if not....whatever, it's 2am i gtg to sleep.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

I'm not preaching hate, I'm preaching sense. Consoles are harming the video game industry more and more each year, and buying a console for an exclusive just further perpetuates that occurrence. If you are okay with contributing to that then fine, I am not. I for one take pride in having some self control and realization that what I do not buy, it more important than what I do buy.

I have said my piece, if you still feel justified in spending $500 bucks to play a single game, just because your friends play it, then you must either be rolling in cash, or not very good with it in my opinion. I would encourage you to save that money and buy something that will better your life, or maybe just put that money into savings because not enough people save money these days.

Perhaps we could have a debate on whether there really are/is (a) pro/s to consoles. I don't see any.

But that is for another thread, so if you would be so kind and start it that would be excellent, if not....whatever, it's 2am i gtg to sleep.

There's no need (sorry OP for derailing your thread I'll mend it, here have a hypothetical cake)

Pros : I would say that having a small computer that runs games such a console is a pro, it's easy to transport, it's great when you've got friends over.

Cons: dated hardware, Market behavior? 

Over all it's just about ease of use really. Most people aren't tech literate so they wouldn't bother to research about PC gaming, and they wouldn't have any need to if they don't want. 

There's no need (sorry OP for derailing your thread I'll mend it, here have a hypothetical cake)

Pros : I would say that having a small computer that runs games such a console is a pro, it's easy to transport, it's great when you've got friends over.

Over all it's just about ease of use really. Most people aren't tech literate so they wouldn't bother to research about PC gaming, and they wouldn't have any need to if they don't want. 

The only pro's are that it's small, literally everything else about console is a con.

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/12_ways_consoles_are_hurting_pc_gaming

It's not just dated hardware, it's outright obsolete by this point, as Slick said, "I couldn't undervolt my 5 year old graphics card to run as slowly and poorly as ps4 and xbox one..... #firstworldproblems". Not to mention bad and delayed ports to PC because console got it first and they've made their money by that point so they don't care about PC at all. Not to mention their behavior creative a divide between those who make the games we want to enjoy.

I'm not preaching hate, I'm preaching sense. Consoles are harming the video game industry more and more each year, and buying a console for an exclusive just further perpetuates that occurrence. If you are okay with contributing to that then fine, I am not. I for one take pride in having some self control and realization that what I do not buy, it more important than what I do buy.

I have said my piece, if you still feel justified in spending $500 bucks to play a single game, just because your friends play it, then you must either be rolling in cash, or not very good with it in my opinion. I would encourage you to save that money and buy something that will better your life, or maybe just put that money into savings because not enough people save money these days.

"harming the video game industry" I would say that they're pushing it, after all game companies are swimming in cash.

But if you mean that it's retaining its "evolution?" hmm perhaps? Doesn’t this happen with the majority of businesses anyway? 

Consoles are there for the market, for the people willing to pay them for their convenience can't change that I’m afraid.

Mini itx rigs with cases from silverstone and TV mountable open cases already available and computer parts being able to match the performance of consoles for about $ 50  more (which is made up by buying cheaper games from eg steam while console games do not get a bg discount (if they even get one)). With PCs you can also do so much more than with a console. Also, the OS doesn't have to be windows, it can be steamOS, which IMO is a good alternative the OS the ps4 and xbox are running.

Overall, you are actually saving money in the long run by buying a small form factor PC.

As it is mini itx, it is easy to transport.

And if you are into controllers then those are also available for PC (i have a xbox 360 wireless one, i didn't buy, i got it for free but it works (but i don't use it)).

And we haven't even covered most of the benefits of a mini itx PC :P

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

"harming the video game industry" I would say that they're pushing it, after all game companies are swimming in cash.

But if you mean that it's retaining its "evolution?" hmm perhaps? Doesn’t this happen with the majority of businesses anyway? 

Consoles are there for the market, for the people willing to pay them for their convenience can't change that I’m afraid.

You can, if you don't perpetuate such a defeatist attitude. And it is harming the industry, eventually people will get tired of paying for shit products and we will have a crash. I know I for one, after buying bf4 on console, was sick and tired of being left behind, and having a worse experience in return for "convenience". To me it wasn't even convenient because I couldn't enjoy the games that I bought because they looked bad, ran bad, lagged, were handicapped in other ways (not have 32v32 in bf3 for instance, despite pc having it).