The Perfect PC Build Guide

updated the guide, but not the important part

I've removed the bit where I said I was leaving, I'm not. I can't get away from this forum, even if it's just to check my notifications

tagging the slow people:

@Syntaxvgm

@Bubblewhale

How to Post Topics, the Right Way / The Ultimate Build Parts List

"4 words. DON'T BE A DUMBASS" ~@Swndlr

I've removed the bit where I said I was leaving, I'm not. I can't get away from this forum, even if it's just to check my notifications

tagging the slow people:

@Syntaxvgm

@Bubblewhale

I'd already know that, you told me that in a message.

tagging the slow people:

@Syntaxvgm

@Bubblewhale

I'm not slow...I'm just forum-challenged. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

• 2 weeks later...
-pc part snipper-

Sorry for the bump.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($89.99 @ Newegg)

CPU Cooler: Enermax ETS-N30-HE 55.4 CFM CPU Cooler  ($9.99 @ Newegg)

Motherboard: ASRock FM2A88M-HD+ Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard  ($54.49 @ Newegg)

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($78.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($53.98 @ OutletPC)

Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 270 2GB TurboDuo Video Card  ($128.00 @ Newegg)

Case: Rosewill Line-M MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($37.99 @ Amazon)

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($32.99 @ NCIX US)

Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  ($16.98 @ OutletPC)

Total: $496.40

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-29 18:27 EDT-0400

I put this budget build together on pcpartpicker, and it falls within the $500-$550 range. Basing it off of your $400 part list and going up from there, I say this list is pretty good. Do you think this build is worthy of being added to the list?

Edit: Fixed to look less derpish

Mayonnaise is an instrument!  

Current Build - Ryzen 7 3800x (eco mode enabled), MSI B550M MAG Mortar, G.Skill Ripjaws V 32 GB (2x16) 3200 14-14-14-34, EVGA 2060 KO Ultra, EVGA G2 550W, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Rx

xD

i5 4590 @ Stock, XFX R9 290!, HyperX Beast 4x8GB  @1600, 850 EVO 120gb, WD Caviar Blue 1TB, , Asrock H97m Pro 4 , Fractal Design Define R4, Windows 10

XAJDHNAJSKLDJH UKLASHNODJASHOIUD NO G3258... WHYYYYq

2 cores won't be enough in the future as we move toward multi-threaded goodness.

-le snippage-

I put this budget build together on pcpartpicker, and it falls within the $500-$550 range. Basing it off of your $400 part list and going up from there, I say this list is pretty good. Do you think this build is worthy of being added to the list?

Edit: Fixed to look less derpish

It's not the best thing i've ever seen, and i never really intended for a $500 build.

might consider adding one though, thanks for mentioning it.

This guy speaks the truth.

could you give some actual critique then instead of just saying this guide is bad?

what builds do you have issue with?

what would make them better and within budget?

could you give some actual critique then instead of just saying this guide is bad?

what builds do you have issue with?

what would make them better and within budget?

That 4000$ build.I could benefit from it but that is kinda editing rig not gaming.Hardware choices are crap.that PSU,that ram,3 way 980? *buhh ,that CPU which nobody gives a shit.

First off, I want to thank the contributors to this parts list, couldn't have made this work without them.

@Bubblewhale

@SAV1OUR

@Thebman712

error 404 decent intro not found

need to be updated with better gpu and cpus

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

2 cores won't be enough in the future as we move toward multi-threaded goodness.

It's not the best thing i've ever seen, and i never really intended for a $500 build.

might consider adding one though, thanks for mentioning it.

Though you're probably right, most games can't utilize those extra cores NOW, and the G3258 keeps up with many Mid to Lower High-Range GPUs. 

I feel like this forum is coming to a low point. If it bounces back into the amazing community it once was when I first joined is something that I believe will happen but only time can tell us that.

True that. I remember.