What is your tech pet peeve?

What is that one thing people say or do that gets on your nerve's, regarding tech? mine is fingerprints on the screen.

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

What is that one thing people say or do that gets on your nerve's, regarding tech? mine is fingerprints on the screen.

"I don't have any problems with my software/hardware so you're obviously doing something wrong, it's not the hardware/software itself causing the problem."

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

Unsleeved cables and poor tubing runs... 

I can only have screens of programs (sorry don't know how to call it) fullscreen or the perfect half of the screen. If it is just random somewhere on the screen i HATE it

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

oh absolutely this! I hate that! When they reach out with their fingers to the screen, I'd bite them off.

Plus uninstalling and decrapping people's computers every month because they install always the same shit over and over and over and over...

I can only have screens of programs (sorry don't know how to call it) fullscreen or the perfect half of the screen. If it is just random somewhere on the screen i HATE it

I believe they are called windows.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

when my hardware is not working correctly, like it is now

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

Windows.

/half-joking

Bad keyboards, 12 year olds that think they know everything, the way the "maximize" button works in OS X (yes, I just said that) anything except Logitech mice, the list goes on.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

oh absolutely this! I hate that! When they reach out with their fingers to the screen, I'd bite them off.

Plus uninstalling and decrapping people's computers every month because they install always the same shit over and over and over and over...

#downloadmorerammasterrace

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

I hate it when customers call me and say that the software I set up isn't working, I get over there and their PC's are full of viruses/their internet is down and that's why it doesn't work, and when I tell them that, they are outraged and keep saying it's not their fault...

And the biggest evil of them all TOOLBARS, I FUCKING HATE TOOLBARS!!!!!

Windows.

/half-joking

Bad keyboards, 12 year olds that think they know everything, the way the "maximize" button works in OS X (yes, I just said that) anything except Logitech mice, the list goes on.

what do you mean like 12 year olds that only know ghz but nothig else

I hate it when customers call me and say that the software I set up isn't working, I get over there and their PC's are full of viruses/their internet is down and that's why it doesn't work, and when I tell them that, they are outraged and keep saying it's not their fault...

that pisses me off a lot too

Anything relating to the lack of knowledge of how the internet works and the need for classification of ISPS as telecommunication companies.  Um.. touching computer monitors with their greasy fingers.  Misinformed apple users, and last but not least.. by any means.. people who just tend to not keep informed of what is going on in the computer world and then get a new computer and flaunt about, "I got an i7!!!  But what is your graphics card?  I got an i7...?"  *Facepalm* those kinds of people.

Fingerprints on screens.. I loathe touch screens

Says the guy that bought a 7737 with a touch screen...

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

what do you mean like 12 year olds that only know ghz but nothig else

Yup. Spec sheet warriors.

The forum is rife with them. Watch out.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

People who spell it 'pieve'

Unbalanced audio (one side louder than the other), dirty monitors, cable management...

Yup. Spec sheet warriors.

The forum is rife with them. Watch out.

I was told my i5 2500k is old and I should get a new gen one because the 2500k is a bad performer... after a detailed comparison I proved that it's only 10% behind the latest gen i5's in most cases, sometimes even less and since mine is OC'd it wipes the floor with most of the new gen, even the K model since it OC's better. :)

Also annoyed by people who believe that audiophiles waste their time and effort when they could just get cheap headphones and an attached mic and be happy without -real- headphones, amp's and dac's or just use gaming headsets and be 'fine'.  x.x  Might sound snooty from that, but after my leaps and bounds from an old $20 logitech headset to my O2 and the Kingston hyperX Cloud, and then to my AKG's and Schiit(schiit everywhere!), I can't imagine being on a computer without proper audio equipment or even using speakers again.  xD

Unbalanced audio (one side louder than the other), dirty monitors, cable management...

Your peeve / pieve is cable management being bad or being done at all?  I can't stand un-tidy cables.  I once opened the back of a friends comp and just stared at it and wanted to go home to get some zip-ties and a welding torch.

Also annoyed by people who believe that audiophiles waste their time and effort when they could just get cheap headphones and an attached mic and be happy without -real- headphones, amp's and dac's or just use gaming headsets and be 'fine'.  x.x  Might sound snooty from that, but after my leaps and bounds from an old $20 logitech headset to my O2 and the Kingston hyperX Cloud, and then to my AKG's and Schiit(schiit everywhere!), I can't imagine being on a computer without proper audio equipment or even using speakers again.  xD

Amen to that. A proper headset/headphones is a must. AKG/Sennheiser/Bose/B&O/AT etc. MASTERRACE! :D