Logitech G710+ Opinions?

Zaku77

Well, I just went and grabbed this bad boy from Best Buy after work tonight. It is actually my first mechanical! I wanted to stick with Logitech because I already use their mice (Used the crap out of my G400, and recently got the Proteus), so their program is running in the background anyway. I really can't decide how I feel about this thing, though. It feels mechanical to a point, but it also feels largely very similar to my previous membrane keyboard. I knew that the o ring dampening and brown switches would make it not as clicky, but I wonder if this is too far the other way? On the flip side, I was drawn to it--in theory--because the loud-ass 'click' of a more traditional mechanical keyboard (like with blues) would drive me up the wall. Is this just the feedback compromise that I will have to live with to avoid a keyboard driven cacophony when I game or type? lol

I was thinking about picking one up  to replace my g510. There onsale right now  for $104.99. But I might just end up getting the k70 even tho everyone has one.I really like red switches.

Well, I just went and grabbed this bad boy from Best Buy after work tonight. It is actually my first mechanical! I wanted to stick with Logitech because I already use their mice (Used the crap out of my G400, and recently got the Proteus), so their program is running in the background anyway. I really can't decide how I feel about this thing, though. It feels mechanical to a point, but it also feels largely very similar to my previous membrane keyboard. I knew that the o ring dampening and brown switches would make it not as clicky, but I wonder if this is too far the other way? On the flip side, I was drawn to it--in theory--because the loud-ass 'click' of a more traditional mechanical keyboard (like with blues) would drive me up the wall. Is this just the feedback compromise that I will have to live with to avoid a keyboard driven cacophony when I game or type? lol

I tried it in best buy, and I hated the mushiness of the o-rings. Although the Razer Blackwidow Ultimate (Razer Greens, very similar to Cherry Blues.) Was one of the best typing experiences ever. Though I only tried to a couple minutes, so my opinion might change over time.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

i heard loads of complaints about this keyboard which is why im not getting it(loose keycaps,broken keycaps,dead LEDs,etc.)

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

I was thinking about picking one up  to replace my g510. There onsale right now  for $104.99. But I might just end up getting the k70 even tho everyone has one.I really like red switches.

I did the switch from the g510 to the 710+. And well i question whether it was really worth it. I don't notice a huge difference in gaming, but the feel is much nicer while typing and I go a little faster. 

i heard loads of complaints about this keyboard which is why im not getting it(loose keycaps,broken keycaps,dead LEDs,etc.)

I hear them too, and I know Logitech won't hesitate to replace the keyboard if there is defect. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

It's a good keyboard. Personally I didn't like the double actuation point feeling of the keyboard (mx-browns). I'm more of a mx black/red kind of person. I would have bought it otherwise. So if you like the keys, then go for it

Its alright. Nothing too extrodinary. The only thing I didn't like was the keycaps. They are poor quality and come loose. Do yourself a favor and buy a goood set of keycaps. Everything else is pretty good. If you dont like the O-rings, take them off. They arent necisarry to have on.

From what ive heard it has a high failure rate on the LEDs and some of the keyswitches.

From what ive heard it has a high failure rate on the LEDs and some of the keyswitches.

I actually heard that those problems got fixed for the most part. Could be wrong though so please correct if I am :)

It's really sad that I cannot use the forum search, what the hell. There were quite a few nice discussions regarding the G710+ about a month ago.

One member created a thread talking about how bad his G710+ was and most of the replies were saying how wrong/unlucky he was and how "not that bad" the keyboard actually is.

Some time later, another guy created a thread about how his G710+ was doing and some moding he was going to do with custom keycaps and whatnots...

To be honest, if you take care of the keyboard I don't think it should have problems with the keycaps. Regarding the LEDs and other problems, it seems like it's quite random, at about 5~10%.

Some people have it for over a year, not a problem. Others have trouble within a month... Either way, IMO, it's the best mechanical keyboard out there with macros (located at a place that makes sense), volume control, backlit and with brown switches. I like the feel of O-rings because it makes them quieter but if you don't mind the noise, by all means, remove them! Just be careful when removing the keycaps, use a proper tool so you won't have any problems with broken keycaps.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

They're alright. Pretty good for the price. They have a slightly higher defect rate from what I've seen, but logitech support is legendary and will replace it in a heartbeat. 

Honestly speaking, MX Brown feels mushy to me, add the orings and it would feel even mushier. As Browns aren't clicky, even w/o orings, the sound generated would that of the the keys bottoming out. Do yourself a favor and remove some of the orings and see if it feels better.

The G710+, heard there's a G710 with MX Blue, is a decent enough board and I'd not mind owning one. However, I prefer my keyboards to have that classic rectangular shape....and preferably NOT require software to maximize usage. Hence my preference for keyboards that can run nicely with Windows generic drivers. Also, my not needing macros and such do help....

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Well, I fiddled with some greens and blues, and I just honestly cannot deal with how loud they are. The click feels really nice, but I just cannot put up with the noise. I removed all of the O-rings--that took bloody forever--and now it feels better. It's got a little bit more sound to it, and it feels much better when I press down now--that extreme mushiness is gone.

Well, I fiddled with some greens and blues, and I just honestly cannot deal with how loud they are. The click feels really nice, but I just cannot put up with the noise. I removed all of the O-rings--that took bloody forever--and now it feels better. It's got a little bit more sound to it, and it feels much better when I press down now--that extreme mushiness is gone.

Exactly! Browns aren't exactly crisp in feel, add the dampening factor of the orings and it's extreme mushiness! W/o the orings, you get more of that mechanical feel when you depress the keys, and bottom out. Now, w/o the orings in the way, I think you'll find it much more enjoyable to use the G710+.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

It's not as bad as the complaints for the K70. Dead LEDs everywhere. I've had mine for less than a year and never have the LEDs on yet I've got three dead LEDs. 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 MB: MSI Z77A-GD55  CPU: i5 3330 OCd to 3.4Ghz CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu 2x8GB @ 1600MHz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming PSU: Seasonic M12II 650W HDD: Two Seagate Barracuda 2TB @ 7200 RPM SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

It's not as bad as the complaints for the K70. Dead LEDs everywhere. I've had mine for less than a year and never have the LEDs on yet I've got three dead LEDs. 

i might get the black k70 w red backllight and mx reds as i heard that model has it fixed and only the older one w blue leds had it

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Exactly! Browns aren't exactly crisp in feel, add the dampening factor of the orings and it's extreme mushiness! W/o the orings, you get more of that mechanical feel when you depress the keys, and bottom out. Now, w/o the orings in the way, I think you'll find it much more enjoyable to use the G710+.

Pretty much exactly this!