Tomb Raider thoughts?

Sir. Smudge

Thoughts on tomb raider? Thinking of buying it this afternoon after work and was wondering what it's like. Even just rate it out of ten

Thoughts on tomb raider? Thinking of buying it this afternoon after work and was wondering what it's like. Even just rate it out of ten

It was a good game in my opinion. 

Wasn't GOTY quality, but it was good. 

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Great game for a first play.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I loved it. Good platforming and 3rd person shooter elements combined to make it fun. Narrative storytelling on par with games like Uncharted, or Assassin's Creed. The game doesn't look particularly gorgeous for a pc title (cause the consoles were so outdated they probably would have to redesign the entire game to make it look it's best on pc(but it still looks nice(but I think the graphics are somewhat overrated))). Worth every penny even at full price, which you won't have to pay if you look around enough. :) It was definitely my game of the year but it all comes down to preference.

One of the few single player games I've enjoyed recently. Definitely worth a buy.

I was on the fence about buying it for a long time. All in all, my first few hours were kind of forced play and in the beginning I found Lara as a character awkward, but halfway through the game I honestly began to enjoy it and even had a few moments where it would bring a smile to my face. The gameplay itself is by no means hard unfortunately, but the graphics and character development are pretty good. Music is pretty forgettable though.

3x Dell U2414H Triple Monitor Surround @ 5760x1080 / Corsair Obsidian 900D / ASUS ROG Z97 Maximus VII Hero / i7-4790K @ 4.4GHz / 2x EVGA SC GTX 780Ti SLI @ 1150MHz / 16GB GeiL DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz / 120GB Samsung 840 EVO / Corsair AX1200W PSU

Gallery: [1] [2] [3] - Fire Strike Score - Steam Profile

Other than the blocky graphics, sometimes inconvenient camera angles, and weird controls, I can say that Tomb Raider was a decent game (so far... I haven't finished it yet...)...

Tomb-Raider-TRAVIS-2.jpg

Oh wait... We were talking about the reboot?

Just letting you all know that I purchased Tomb Raider, Splinter Cell Blacklist and I also put a preorder on shadow of morder. Liking the game mechanics of Tomb Raider so far but a little disappointed in the graphics.

Masterpiece game!

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

Fyi guys, finished tomb raider a couple of days ago. It was a fantastic game! I didn't go much on the ending though but it stil fulfilled my expectations and more. Now onto splinter cell Blacklist and shadow of morder.

Fyi guys, finished tomb raider a couple of days ago. It was a fantastic game! I didn't go much on the ending though but it stil fulfilled my expectations and more. Now onto splinter cell Blacklist and shadow of morder.

You should definitely try the co-op challenges in Blacklist while you're at it, they're really fun.