bloowolf4562

The thermal paste does not need to dry

Grain of rice amount of thermal paste

Dont touch the thermal paste

Dont be to hard on stuff

Clean area

Have time

Expect difficulties 

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

make sure you're statically discharged before you touch anything..

As for the assembly put the CPU & Ram in the motherboard before installing it in the case. When installing the Mobo in the case lay the case on its side... (i know seems logical but some people dont think of that)

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

Get yourself a antistatic wrist strap so you don't short out your parts

yeah dat be smart jk i am not that stupid sounding an antistatic strap would be great to get cause the last thing u want is to get a very expensive computer part and then have it not work

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

Just some tips:

• As many of the ppl said: watch lots of videos, eg: Linus', PcPartPicker's, etc
  • Read the manuals.... (not joking you can find some useful info in them)
  • Don't panic, in my first built i forgot to put the mobo standoffs, luckily i didn't turn on the PC 
  • Have all the tools you'll need for the build + anti-static wrist strap 
  • Make sure everything is compatible, eg mobo is to big for case, cpu cooler tower is higher than the case's depth, gpu's is too long for the case, etc
  • Be patient, this will take time, but is worth it + is enjoyable
  • Use pcpartpicker.com

Don't lick the expensive parts no matter how much you want to. (i should know...)

EDIT- Be careful when connecting the front panel headers to the pins. check your mobo handbook for the correct places. If you put them in the wrong spots=no happy whirring fans and sparkly pixels. (your pc wont turn on)

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

Watch how to apply thermal paste the Alabama way by Tek Syndicate

And so GabeN has told us to march forthith unto the Land of Holy welding our swords of mice, shields of keyboards, and helmets of Oculus Rifts where we shall reclaim it-which is rightfully ours-from the PUNY Console Peasants from whom armed only with mere controllers we shall decimate in all forms of battle and we shall dominate even in their most ridiculous tradition and infatuation of CoD. Yes, my brothers- sisters and trans sexuals too- we shall destroy the inferior of races with our might and majesty. And if any Peasants wish to join us they must speak now or forever perish. -Ancient Speech from a Leader of Old, Book of Murratri section 2

Make sure your fans are all facing the right way. I just found yesterday that one of my intakes was backwards and I built my PC like a year ago. Also, get a magnetic screwdriver.

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless

Dont worry about ESD and don't use a wrist strap, they are useless..

CPU: i7 4770k | GPU: Sapphire 290 Tri-X OC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB | MTB: GA-Z87X-UD5HCOOLER: Noctua NH-D14 | PSU: Corsair 760i | CASE: Corsair 550D | DISPLAY:  BenQ XL2420TE

Firestrike scores - Graphics: 10781 Physics: 9448 Combined: 4289

"Nvidia, Fuck you" - Linus Torvald

Echoing what some said before: don't EXPECT that everything will go 100% perfectly the first time (if it does, then awesome :) ). Sometimes you've made a small mistake somewhere in the process and can't figure out what that is; relax and take your time to identify the problem. On my first build I simply forgot to connect a cord on the motherboard... Really simple and stupid, but it happens :P

Take your time, enjoy it and good luck

Case Define r3 CPU 3930k GPU EVGA GTX 780 RAM 16GB Vengeance PSU Corsair HX750W SSD Samung 840 Evo 500GB + Corsiar Force 120GB + Samsung 840 250GB HDD 2x WD Blue 1TB + Seagate 2TB Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 Monitor Asus MG279 Headphones Sennheiser HD700 + Beyerdynamic T51p + Sennheiser ie80 Microphone Rode Podcaster  DAC/Amp Denon DA-USB300 + Schiit Valhalla 

Congrats on your first build, Building a computer is like playing with Lego's.  Linus has some awesome videos showing how to build the computer step by step; i'd suggest using like a laptop, iPad or any type of tablet to view the videos while your building so you can work with him. Your first time is gonna be a long experience but it'll pay off in the long term. Good Luck

have fun.

P.S - If you have a question I'd be more than happy to assist and try and solve the problem :D

Spoiler

Project Casper - Glass Tubing Build

Ryzen 9 5905x     |    Gigabyte Aorus Extreme X570    |   Strix 3090

GSkill 64gb 4000mhz   |    EVGA 1600T psu     |      3x Samsung 980 Pro NVME 1tb Raid 0 

4 x Crucial MX500 2tb raid 0   |    Glass Hard Line Tubing  - EKWB Blocks 

dont rush because you want it done, take time with cable management, making sure everything is where its supposed to be, have some money spare and be able to get to a hardware store just incase you need something small, like an extension cable, extra sata cables etc, worst thing is having all your parts and realising your cables wont reach so you put lots of tension on them , =) take your time and enjoy the experience. 

Specs 

CPU-Intel I7 4790K- @ 4.5Ghz / Mobo - Asus Maximus Hero VII / GPU - GTX 980 @ 1592MHz / RAM - 16Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro @ 2400Mhz / Cooler - Corsair H105 / SSD - Samsung 250gb 840 EVO / HDD - 2x 2tb Seagate/3x 3tb Seagate / PSU - Corsair RM1000 / Keyboard - Corsair K70 / Mouse - Corsair M65 / Case - Custom Glass panel Corsair Obsidian 750D -  Still saving for upgrades =)

Don't use this as a build guide

How To Build a Computer:

Brony for LIFE!!!

/)^3^(\ RD FTW
Daily carry: HTC one M8, pebbe steel PBD, nexus 7 2013

Don't lick the expensive parts no matter how much you want to. (i should know...)

EDIT- Be careful when connecting the front panel headers to the pins. check your mobo handbook for the correct places. If you put them in the wrong spots=no happy whirring fans and sparkly pixels. (your pc wont turn on)

I licked my CPU heatsink

I lost a bet :(

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

I licked my CPU heatsink

I lost a bet :(

while it was on? (say yes pleasse....)

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd