Good Case for a Noob

thefatkid145
Go to solution Solved by Trik'Stari,

I don't have any preference of brand as long as they have a good reputation, I will be using an ATX mother board and a budget of around £100. Thank you @wng_kingsley7 and @JoaoPRSousa for offering to help a noob out.

Here is the PC parts picker link: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/q9ysMp

Your best bet as a noob, is the air 540. Specifically because

It has excellent airflow

it has excellent cable managment

it's a simple design.

there isnt much going on in the case that's hard to figure out or deal with.

I am doing my first build soon and I was wondering if there is a case that is good for a first time builder to build in. I am thinking of a using a 230T in black and red so anything around that price range and colour scheme would be great, I am also going to be using air cooling so a case with good air flow is important. Thank you guys for the help and I am interested to see what you guys think.      :D  :D

Use PCPartPicker to show us the parts you bought/are thinking to get, and we weill be able to help you ;)

If you want a new config, tell us the budget, aim, location and if you need peripherials, basically, read this http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/

@thefatkid145 follow your topics, quote or tag us, and mark solved when you're done

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

I am doing my first build soon and I was wondering if there is a case that is good for a first time builder to build in. I am thinking of a using a 230T in black and red so anything around that price range and colour scheme would be great, I am also going to be using air cooling so a case with good air flow is important. Thank you guys for the help and I am interested to see what you guys think.      :D  :D

Hello TFK145, what kind of budget are you allocating to buy a new case? also is there a size restriction? ATX/M-ATX/M-ITX. Preferences of brands?

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

I don't have any preference of brand as long as they have a good reputation, I will be using an ATX mother board and a budget of around £100. Thank you @wng_kingsley7 and @JoaoPRSousa for offering to help a noob out.

Here is the PC parts picker link: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/q9ysMp

Your best bet as a noob, is the air 540. Specifically because

It has excellent airflow

it has excellent cable managment

it's a simple design.

there isnt much going on in the case that's hard to figure out or deal with.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Well personally would go with  Corsair 350D , Phanteks enthoo pro or if you want more quiet built Aerocool DS 200 is an excellent choise .Also you can go to https://www.youtube.com/user/HardwareCanucks were they have tons of Case review i am sure you will find something you will like

Grant us the joy of song and dance and ever watch over us in the lonely places in which we must walk - Pray to Bastet

Thank you @trik'stari for the air 540 recommendation it looks like it might be a better option and it would give me more options to expand in the future and it comes from a trusted name at a good price. I think this might be the one for me.

Arc midi r2 and the define r4 would suit your needs I think.

Arc Midi R2 | Asus Maximus VII Hero | Intel i5 4690k | Asus GTX 970 Strix | Corsair H80 | Crucial M4 128gb | 8gb 1333 Mushkin Silverline | EVGA G2 750

Filko Ninja TKL Cherry MX Black | Mionix Naos | Fiio e10k | Edifier S330D | Sennheiser HD558 | Blue Snowball | Asus PA238QR | Samsung BX2250