Kraken x41 in bitfenix prodigy m? Also help with airflow?

deadaccount69

As far as I can tell, it should fit. But i just want to make sure. is a 140mm thick rad plus two fans going to fit in the rear of the bitfenix prodigy m?

My fan setup will be:

• No fans at the front because of the psu
  • The psu exhausting out the bottom
  • Two 120mm fans at the top
  • One 230mm fan at the bottom
  • Two(push/pull) 140mm fans at the back(if possible)

Also, a few questions about general airflow:

Should the psu pull air through the front(white model) or the case? It would have somewhat restricted flow in the front due to the solid front but if i turn it around it will be pulling hot air from the case(but it will help cool my case a bit.)

Should I have the bottom 230mm fan pulling air in and the rad pushing air out?

• Pros: The cpu heat will go straight out the back.
  • Cons: The bottom fan will be pulling in hot psu air.

Or should I have the bottom 230mm fan push air out and the 140 rad pull air in?

• Pros: The bottom fan will not be pulling in air from the psu.
  • Cons: The heat from the cpu is getting dumped straight into my case.

Or should I have both of them pushing out?

• Pros: Avoids previous problems and no hot air is getting puled into my case.
  • Cons: Negative air pressure. I would prefer positive because of dust.

As far as I can tell, it should fit. But i just want to make sure. is a 140mm thick rad plus two fans going to fit in the rear of the bitfenix prodigy m?

My fan setup will be:

• No fans at the front because of the psu
  • The psu exhausting out the bottom
  • Two 120mm fans at the top
  • One 230mm fan at the bottom
  • Two(push/pull) 140mm fans at the back(if possible)

Also, a few questions about general airflow:

Should the psu pull air through the front(white model) or the case? It would have somewhat restricted flow in the front due to the solid front but if i turn it around it will be pulling hot air from the case(but it will help cool my case a bit.)

Should I have the bottom 230mm fan pulling air in and the rad pushing air out?

• Pros: The cpu heat will go straight out the back.
  • Cons: The bottom fan will be pulling in hot psu air.

Or should I have the bottom 230mm fan push air out and the 140 rad pull air in?

• Pros: The bottom fan will not be pulling in air from the psu.
  • Cons: The heat from the cpu is getting dumped straight into my case.

Or should I have both of them pushing out?

• Pros: Avoids previous problems and no hot air is getting puled into my case.
  • Cons: Negative air pressure. I would prefer positive because of dust.

230 in and rad out as heat rises also you woud be blowing the coolers heat into the case for your gpu

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

i would also go for a 240mm one like the h105

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

i would also go for a 240mm one like the h105

that would limit me to a single pcie card and i want to leave sli available.

230 in and rad out as heat rises also you woud be blowing the coolers heat into the case for your gpu

i will have two 120mm fans at the top which will help the heat work its way down(remember that the prodigy m has an inverted mobo so the top fans will be blowing in the same direction as the cooler fans on the graphics card(s). also, you didn't answer the psu direction question and don't you think it is a bad idea to pull in the psu air again?

i will have two 120mm fans at the top which will help the heat work its way down(remember that the prodigy m has an inverted mobo so the top fans will be blowing in the same direction as the cooler fans on the graphics card(s). also, you didn't answer the psu direction question and don't you think it is a bad idea to pull in the psu air again?

no because the psu doesn't put off nearly as much heat as a gpu or cpu but whten i would still do 230mm intake and keep positive pressure not negative

ok thanks. should the psu face inwards or outwards on the prodigy m white edition?

and will the kraken x41 fit in that case? or should I rather get a nh-d14 for about 60 dollars less? remember that I am going for silence.

and will the kraken x41 fit in that case? or should I rather get a nh-d14 for about 60 dollars less? remember that I am going for silence.

for silence go with noctua and for looks nzxt the noctua will cool about equally 

Ok thanks. I will probably go for noctua. I have the option between the NH-D14 or the NH-U12S. Which will be quieter? I am happy with anywhere under 80-85 degrees under full load

Ok thanks. I will probably go for noctua. I have the option between the NH-D14 or the NH-U12S. Which will be quieter? I am happy with anywhere under 80-85 degrees under full load

d14 would cool better and the nh-u12s would have to ramp up more and would cool much worse but in low load it would be quieter

ok. i will get the drp3 if i can find an online shop that will ship internationally and if not, the nh-d14.