EVGA g2 850w

Nubbyfish

Hey guys i just gotten my evga g2 850watts PSU(from amazon)and after wiring everything up when i press the on button it switches on and off instantly (the fan spun for a split second). What did i do wrong? (i live in singapore btw it might be something to do with the voltage)

I think it's just the fanless mode kicking in... The fan doesn't spin up unless it's under load.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

I think it's just the fanless mode kicking in... The fan doesn't spin up unless it's under load.

The machine doesnt even boot up at all.....

The machine doesnt even boot up at all.....

Oh. Is everything connected (check the 24-pin cable)? Try starting the power supply by connecting the green wire to the black wire on the 24-pin.

You get a tester with the PSU. The 24pin connector with a black wire in it. That shorts out the run command for the PSU. Pull all the cables from the PC - plug that 24pin extension on the 24pin connector and turn on the switch at the back. If the PSU is dead then you likely get the same result. If the fan keeps spinning you likely made a mistake in your wiring. 

The tester: e0b6acea7e.jpg

Voltage should not be a problem. The power supply works with 100V - 240V.

Oh. Is everything connected (check the 24-pin cable)? Try starting the power supply by connecting the green wire to the black wire on the 24-pin.

This PSU comes with a tester so you don't have to do that. It as well only got black cables. So no green wires! 

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

This PSU comes with a tester so you don't have to do that. It as well only got black cables. So no green wires! 

I didn't know that. Thanks for pointing that out.

You get a tester with the PSU. The 24pin connector with a black wire in it. That shorts out the run command for the PSU. Pull all the cables from the PC - plug that 24pin extension on the 24pin connector and turn on the switch at the back. If the PSU is dead then you likely get the same result. If the fan keeps spinning you likely made a mistake in your wiring. 

i tried with the tester, and the PSU's fan is spinning.

i tried with the tester, and the PSU's fan is spinning.

Then re connect all thee cables, 24 pin, CPU 8 pin, GPU 6/8 pin, and turn it on again

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Ok now it starts up (all the fans spins and stuff) but there isnt any display on the screen!

Then re connect all thee cables, 24 pin, CPU 8 pin, GPU 6/8 pin, and turn it on again

^

Ok now it starts up (all the fans spins and stuff) but there isnt any display on the screen!

Is GPU power connected? Is the monitor on an plugged in into wall? Is PC connected to monitor?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Is GPU power connected? Is the monitor on an plugged in into wall? Is PC connected to monitor?

Now it does but it says reboot and select proper boot device....

Now it does but it says reboot and select proper boot device....

Hit the boot menu at the start up, useally F8/10 or something. If you connected your SSD/HDD correctly. So sata data+power cables. There should be a drive (or more) then select the SSD/HDD where you have your OS installed on. If it's a clean SSD/HDD and you still have to install windows, forget this step and go into your uefi/bios; useally DEL when booting up. 

You should be able to find the drives in the bios, depending on brand it's located somewhere else. Look for boot/hard drive section. Make sure to have your drives as AHCI.

This makes them readable for the system.

After you've done that, set boot priority. If you have an SSD you want to boot from that one, so set it as the first option. Else your HDD where your OS will be installed on.  

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua