Windows 10 Insider Topic

Gachr
19 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

New Windows 10 Build 14372!

Wow, I haven't had time to really test 14371... 

Well, OK then.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

19 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

I am surprised that United States didn't make it.

I think you missed what she said, she is giving praise to those outside the US... 

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

16 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

I think you missed what she said, she is giving praise to those outside the US... 

Ah! ok

New Windows 10 Build!

Build 14376

Just bug fixes!

• We’re rolling out an Store update (11606.1001.25) that improves performance and reliability and includes fixes for accessibility as well.
  • Clicking on networks or VPN connections in the network flyout on the taskbar should now launch the network settings page like it should. We also fixed an issue where the network flyout would sometimes only show the network settings link, despite being currently connected to Wi-Fi.
  • For my dev peeps: we fixed the issue causing an error message when you enable Developer Mode due to the necessary package needed from Windows Update not being published appropriately. Go forth and create!
  • We have updated Narrator to now support using physical volume buttons to adjust the volume while Narrator is in Scan Mode. We also fixed an issue that could result in Narrator crashing when arrowing through list entries.
  • We have updated Windows Hello on the Lock screen to not repeat the name of the person logging in, when it is already displayed on the screen.
  • We have fixed an issue where you might be unable to type in some UWP apps. We also fixed an issue resulting in certain Polish characters being duplicated when typed into UWP apps.
  • We fixed an issue where the Lock screen background might not be displayed correctly.
  • We fixed an issue where your password would revert be being hidden if you tried to edit it while holding the reveal button.
  • We fixed an issue where the search dropdown in the Settings app could end up displaying above the search box instead of below it. We also fixed an issue where the “For developers” settings page would be blank while checking for an optional package, and an issue resulting in no handwriting, speech and other optional components being listed for languages that do support them.
  • We fixed an issue that could result in not being able to turn on “set time zone automatically”.
  • We fixed an issue where the icons in some Start menu tiles could appear zoomed in, for example Alarms & Clock app or Calculator app.
  • We have improved the consistency in scrolling and zooming speeds between monitors when using a precision touchpad on a multiple-monitor setup.
  • We fixed an issue that could result in Explorer.exe crashing after receiving a notification from Microsoft Edge.
  • We fixed an issue where the caret might jump to the beginning of the line, rather than maintaining current y axis position when using the up and down arrow keys in a textbox in Microsoft Edge.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in an authentication error when launching mstsc.exe from an elevated Command Prompt.
  •  

Source: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2016/06/28/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-14376-for-pc-and-mobile/#fj7C8q0ty4T5YukI.99

Bug in latest build auto hide taskbar not coming on main monitor with Chrome.

Microsoft is doing an offer for Groove Music.

3 month for the price of 1 (US only).

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/groove/bogo?ocid=MSGROOVE_SEM_bing_USA_gaPMG_PMG_MSFTGroove_MSGROOVE_SEM_Brand_Exact__groove+music&WT.mc_id=MSGROOVE_SEM_bing_USA_gaPMG_PMG_MSFTGroove_MSGROOVE_SEM_Brand_Exact__groove+music

If you are an Insider, Groove Music was much improved over time, it now has also mood and activities curated music playlist like Spotify.

You can try the 30 day trial, and if you like it, getting the offer above ads after the 30 days.

Offer August 17, 2016.

Apparently, if you tried Groove before, you can re-try it again for another 30 days.

It is not the best offer ever, but it is a pretty good one. The best offer there was, if you wonder, was 30$ for 1 year. but that was more than 4 years ago, 50$ for 1 year is the one that happened every year on 1 day near Christmas, but last year it was not there.

The service is normally $9.99 US per month, or $99.99 US per year.

50 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Microsoft is doing an offer for Groove Music.

3 month for the price of 1 (US only).

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/groove/bogo?ocid=MSGROOVE_SEM_bing_USA_gaPMG_PMG_MSFTGroove_MSGROOVE_SEM_Brand_Exact__groove+music&WT.mc_id=MSGROOVE_SEM_bing_USA_gaPMG_PMG_MSFTGroove_MSGROOVE_SEM_Brand_Exact__groove+music

If you are an Insider, Groove Music was much improved over time, it now has also mood and activities curated music playlist like Spotify.

You can try the 30 day trial, and if you like it, getting the offer above ads after the 30 days.

Offer August 17, 2016.

Apparently, if you tried Groove before, you can re-try it again for another 30 days.

It is not the best offer ever, but it is a pretty good one. The best offer there was, if you wonder, was 30$ for 1 year. but that was more than 4 years ago, 50$ for 1 year is the one that happened every year on 1 day near Christmas, but last year it was not there.

The service is normally $9.99 US per month, or $99.99 US per year.

Can we change the name of the 2 thread for Mobile and PC to "Windows 10 Mobile Insider Topic"  and "Windows 10 Insider Topic" respectively plz?

Ty :).

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

13 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Can we change the name of the 2 thread for Mobile and PC to "Windows 10 Mobile Insider Topic"  and "Windows 10 Insider Topic" respectively plz?

Depends on @Gachr

3 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Depends on @Gachr

Why him? And he's never really around.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

New Windows 10 Build

Build 14379

• We fixed an issue where the size of the Credential UI might not be big enough to display the contents on a PC with High DPI.
  • We fixed an issue where Action Center might crash after dismissing a large number of notifications.
  • We fixed an issue where Centennial app launches from Start or Cortana wouldn’t count towards those apps bubbling up in Start’s “Most used” list.
  • We fixed an issue where no note would have keyboard focus after minimizing then reopening the Sticky Notes app.

That is all...

Source: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2016/06/30/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-14379-for-pc-and-mobile/

18 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

18 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

Why him? And he's never really around.

I'm on the forums, but not in the topic any more. Me, because I created this topic.

I will change the name in a sec, let's just wait for @GoodBytes to change the name of the other topic.

5 minutes ago, Gachr said:

I'm on the forums, but not in the topic any more. Me, because I created this topic.

I will change the name in a sec, let's just wait for @GoodBytes to change the name of the other topic.

Cool! I changed mine. It is now, as suggested: Windows 10 Mobile Insider Topic

Thanks!

Groove Music got a nice update. Looks pretty neat, has more colors under Explore , Albums, and Now Playing.

Am i the only one getting sick by windows defender constantly scanning files on pc (in my case tablet)?

So here what i got, i have a tablet with a latest windows 10 pro insider preview (build 14376) installed on it, and a laptop with latest win 10 too, when windows defender starts to scan for file on my laptop i don't really even notice it (laptop has core i3 and 8gb of ram, and 2 ssd's) so scanning takes only like 5% of cpu, and laptop is always on charger, so i don't notice any performance drops. But my tablet is another story, it is the latest modification of ASUS T100TAF (Atom 3735F, 2gb ram, 32 mmc (wich has a great speed and not a problem here) but the problem is a CPU, scanning takes about 20-30% of it, and i can feel obvious performance drop (tho' atom is obviously 5times slower than i3) and the main problem, that on Windows 10 i get 2hrs less of battery life, than i get with Windows 8.1 :C

P.S. Turning off Windows Defender every 5 minutes sucks, cause'.... cause' i don't even wanna waste my time on that, i am already wasting time on using services.msc every time i wan't to install an app, because installing update on a tablet with 8gb of free disk space is extra super dumb.....Screenshot (1).png

8 hours ago, Carrotjuice said:

Am i the only one getting sick by windows defender constantly scanning files on pc (in my case tablet)?

So here what i got, i have a tablet with a latest windows 10 pro insider preview (build 14376) installed on it, and a laptop with latest win 10 too, when windows defender starts to scan for file on my laptop i don't really even notice it (laptop has core i3 and 8gb of ram, and 2 ssd's) so scanning takes only like 5% of cpu, and laptop is always on charger, so i don't notice any performance drops. But my tablet is another story, it is the latest modification of ASUS T100TAF (Atom 3735F, 2gb ram, 32 mmc (wich has a great speed and not a problem here) but the problem is a CPU, scanning takes about 20-30% of it, and i can feel obvious performance drop (tho' atom is obviously 5times slower than i3) and the main problem, that on Windows 10 i get 2hrs less of battery life, than i get with Windows 8.1 :C

P.S. Turning off Windows Defender every 5 minutes sucks, cause'.... cause' i don't even wanna waste my time on that, i am already wasting time on using services.msc every time i wan't to install an app, because installing update on a tablet with 8gb of free disk space is extra super dumb.....

i never had a prblem with defender scannig,don't even notice

3 hours ago, Arokhantos said:

And it finally got it but now steam web browser does't work anyone know a fix ? it remains black going to store or profile etc, if googled and i find nothing google is so useless these day's.

First of all, what build of Windows 10 are you running?

Second of all: Do you mean the Steam Client, or trying to access http://store.steampowered.com/ through a browser such as Chrome or Edge?

Which version of the Steam client do you have installed? A re-install of the client may be needed, try downloading it again from the Steam website.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

13 hours ago, Carrotjuice said:

P.S. Turning off Windows Defender every 5 minutes sucks, cause'.... cause' i don't even wanna waste my time on that, i am already wasting time on using services.msc every time i wan't to install an app, because installing update on a tablet with 8gb of free disk space is extra super dumb.....Screenshot (1).png

Are you running the insider build? If so, you can turn on "limited Periodic Scanning" in the Settings app:

Periodic scanning

Its located under Update & Security -> Windows Defender

The way I understand it, with limited periodic scanning, you are still protected via Windows Defender, but the intervals between scans will be longer (eg: once a month vs once a week).

If your not on an insider build, then you'll have to wait for the anniversary update. It should be pushed out within the next month or so. The anniversary update should implement a Automatic Maintenance system which will only work when your PC is not in use. Eg: Off hours, middle of the night, etc.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

New Windows 10 Build: 14383

Improvement and fixes:

• The link to “Get more extensions from the Store” under the Extensions pane in Microsoft Edge now takes you directly to the Store to download available extensions.
  • We have changed the keyboard shortcut to invoke Cortana in listening mode to Win + Shift + C based on feedback from Insiders experiencing a large number of unintended activations of Cortana while in listening mode. Speaking “Hey Cortana”, when enabled in Cortana Settings, continues to invoke Cortana in listening mode as it always has.
  • Going forward from this build, updates to the Quick Action area of Action Center will be preserved across upgrades.
  • We fixed an issue where disconnecting the Surface Book from an external monitor set as primary might result in the Surface Book screen showing in portrait rather than landscape until having detached and reattached the screen.
  • We fixed an issue where the Settings app was showing media controls in the taskbar preview window.
  • We fixed an issue where dragging the file comparison or manage library dialogs between two monitors with different DPIs would result in the dialog content no longer displaying correctly
  • We fixed an issue where the checkmark used to indicate a selected state in app bar toggle buttons wasn’t visible in high contrast, for example in the Photos menu under “…”.
  • We fixed an issue where connecting to a PC using Remote Desktop when a maximized window is immediately behind the Remote Desktop dialog would result in the subsequent the Credential UI window being displayed behind the maximized window.
  • We fixed an issue where, with certain monitor configurations, Explorer.exe would hang after a tooltip is displaying.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in certain Bluetooth mice, such as the Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse, sometimes accelerating erratically when moving the cursor across the screen.
  • We fixed an issue where on certain webpages in Microsoft Edge when Narrator was in Scan mode and going line by line through a list of hyperlinks, Narrator wouldn’t announce the fact that these were hyperlinks.
  • We fixed an issue with certain websites potentially causing a memory leak and becoming unresponsive in Microsoft Edge when the LastPass extension had been enabled.

Known issues:

• If you are seeing a notification pop-up once a day that started on 7/1 saying that your Windows evaluation copy expires on 7/15/2016, don’t worry – this is a superfluous dialog and your OS won’t expire.  The dialog will also go away soon.
  • A recent fix went into place for the Hyper-V firmware that will that affect the ability to boot Windows Server 2016 Tech Preview 5 VMs with Secure Boot enabled. A fix for TP5 builds has been developed however, due to release schedules, the Insider Preview build changes will be released before the TP5 fix is released. During that time, if you try to boot a new TP5 VM with Secure Boot enabled, it will fail. The workaround is to disable Secure Boot during this period.

Source: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2016/07/07/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-14383-for-pc-and-mobile/

You may have noticed that the watermark on the desktop about the build is gone.

This suggests that this is an Release Candidate for Windows 10 Anniversary Update.

New Windows 10 Build!

Build: 14385

• You should no longer see a notification pop-up once a day saying that your Windows evaluation copy expires on 7/15/2016. I know this has caused a lot of you some angst so thank you for being patient.
  • We have improved battery life for Surface devices.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in Spotify sometimes crashing while playing music.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in the Google Chrome window being clipped on the top when maximized.
  • We fixed an issue with Mobile Hotspot that could result the host device bug-checking (bluescreen) and rebooting if it was sharing on a 5GHz band and the connected device browsed to certain websites.
  • We fixed an issue where the pin prompt shown when connecting to certain VPNs would display behind the other open windows.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in LastPass and AdBlock extensions for Microsoft Edge not showing the expected context menu items or status information in subsequently opened Edge windows. We also fixed an issue where the current tab in Edge might hang after exiting Web Notes.
  • Projecting to a PC auto-discoverability is off by default. To have your PC beacon so it can be discovered and you can project to it through the Connect quick action from a Continuum enabled phone or another PC, go to Settings > System > Projecting to this PC and set “Windows PCs and phones can project to this PC when you say it’s OK” to “Available everywhere” or “Available everywhere on secure networks”. You can also set other settings on this page to your preference.

Known issues:

• A recent fix went into place for the Hyper-V firmware that will that affect the ability to boot Windows Server 2016 Tech Preview 5 VMs with Secure Boot enabled. A fix for TP5 builds has been developed however, due to release schedules, the Insider Preview build changes will be released before the TP5 fix is released. During that time, if you try to boot a new TP5 VM with Secure Boot enabled, it will fail. The workaround is to disable Secure Boot during this period.

• After you install this build on a PC using a non-EN-US language, you may get error code 0x80004005 when enabling Developer Mode on the “For Developers” Settings Page. Even after seeing this error message, your machine is in developer mode and you should still be able to use Visual Studio to develop Universal Windows Applications. In most cases, this error indicates that extra components required by the operating system to enable additional debugging features in Visual Studio or the Windows Device Portal could not be installed automatically. To fix this:

#1. Go to Settings > System.
    #2. Click on “Apps & features”
    #3. Choose “Manage Optional features”
    #4. Press the button “Add a feature”
    #5. Select the package for Windows Developer Mode
    #6. Click “Install”
    #7. Reboot your PC
    #8. Launch Command Prompt as Administrator
    #9. Run: sc config debugregsvc start=auto

Finally, return to the “For Developers” Settings page. You will still see the error code, 0x80004005 but you should now be able to enable Windows Device Portal and the Device Discovery features.

Source: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2016/07/09/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-14385-for-pc-and-mobile/

2 minutes ago, gabrielcarvfer said:

Jesus, another build with minimum fixes? They should wait a bit longer before releasing those...

Yea I agree. I won't so much mind if it would be like 500MB or something. But at 2.5-2.7GB, each time... I'll definitely pass my limit, especially that I have 2 systems.

11 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Yea I agree. I won't so much mind if it would be like 500MB or something. But at 2.5-2.7GB, each time... I'll definitely pass my limit, especially that I have 2 systems.

doesn't the p2p upadtes help with the 2systems?

49 minutes ago, Arty said:

doesn't the p2p upadtes help with the 2systems?

Maybe, I don't know. Doesn't look like.

Build 14388

Microsoft says that they fixed 44 bugs, here are the big ones:

• We have updated the Store to version 11606.1001.39 with bug fixes.
  • We fixed an issue where Narrator keyboard shortcuts would not work after locking your PC and then logging back in and going to your desktop.
  • We fixed an issue where Narrator would not read the date and time under Settings > Time & language > Date & time.
  • We fixed a TPM driver crash that could result in the device bug-checking (bluescreen) and rebooting.

Known issues:

• After you install this build on a PC using a non-EN-US language, you may get error code 0x80004005 when enabling Developer Mode on the “For Developers” Settings Page. Even after seeing this error message, your machine is in developer mode and you should still be able to use Visual Studio to develop Universal Windows Applications. In most cases, this error indicates that extra components required by the operating system to enable additional debugging features in Visual Studio or the Windows Device Portal could not be installed automatically.

To fix this:

#1. Go to Settings > System.
#2. Click on “Apps & features”
#3. Choose “Manage Optional features”
#4. Press the button “Add a feature”
#5. Select the package for Windows Developer Mode
#6. Click “Install”
#7. Reboot your PC
#8. Launch Command Prompt as Administrator
#9. Run: sc config debugregsvc start=auto

Finally, return to the “For Developers” Settings page. You will still see the error code, 0x80004005 but you should now be able to enable Windows Device Portal and the Device Discovery features.

Source: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2016/07/12/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-14388-for-pc-and-mobile/

7 hours ago, gabrielcarvfer said:

Same story, once again. Feels like Apple combo updates in Snow Leopard era. :/

Well, you could opt out of the Insider Preview for up to 7 days to skip the update.