Windows 10 Insider Topic

Gachr

Still issues for AMD graphics users? with this ISO?

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

Still issues for AMD graphics users? with this ISO?

All issues with drivers I had in 10130 are the same as any I've had before. Disable driver updates for the GPU, ununstall using DDU, then install the latest drivers from the manufacturer(not AMD's drivers from there site).

All issues with drivers I had in 10130 are the same as any I've had before. Disable driver updates for the GPU, ununstall using DDU, then install the latest drivers from the manufacturer(not AMD's drivers from there site).

How do I disable the gpu driver updates?

Very annoying imo

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

Very annoying imo

System (Control Panel) -> Advanced System Settings -> Hardware -> Device Installation Settings -> "No, let me choose what to do" -> "Never install driver software from Windows Update"

I also unchecked "Automatically get the device app and info provided by your device manufacture".

Very annoying imo

I think it's an option in DDU.

System (Control Panel) -> Advanced System Settings -> Hardware -> Device Installation Settings -> "No, let me choose what to do" -> "Never install driver software from Windows Update"

I also unchecked "Automatically get the device app and info provided by your device manufacture".

Thanks m8! Now I can finally use vsr :)

I guess ill wait till AMD gets their shit together and releases some good drivers for 10, before i re-install.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

Change of hearts. Microsoft wont be releasing build 10130 to the slow ring due to several bugs (my guess related ti update as I encountered them on my desktop, which explain why everything is screwed up). The iso of build 10130 is available to download, however.

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/06/05/releasing-isos-for-windows-10-insider-preview-build-10130/

Change of hearts. Microsoft wont be releasing build 10130 to the slow ring due to several bugs (my guess related ti update as I encountered them on my desktop, which explain why everything is screwed up). The iso of build 10130 is available to download, however.http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/06/05/releasing-isos-for-windows-10-insider-preview-build-10130/

Well 10130 seems more stable than 74...

Change of hearts. Microsoft wont be releasing build 10130 to the slow ring due to several bugs (my guess related ti update as I encountered them on my desktop, which explain why everything is screwed up). The iso of build 10130 is available to download, however.

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/06/05/releasing-isos-for-windows-10-insider-preview-build-10130/

What notable bugs apply here?

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

They did not say.

But all I can say for my self, is while I had a fantastic experience upgrading Win10 builds on my Surface Pro 2, my desktop had serious issues with Build 10130 turning my system unusable, literally. And I tried a wipe ou re-install, and re-upgrade to 10130, same problem.

Now that they released 10130 as iso, I clean installed it on my desktop, and now it runs the same as on my Surface Pro 2. All bugs and issues are identical between systems.

To me, it doesn't make sense that the ISO version was matching the Slow ring release, and now not anymore, so it must be that.

They did not say.

But all I can say for my self, is while I had a fantastic experience upgrading Win10 builds on my Surface Pro 2, my desktop had serious issues with Build 10130 turning my system unusable, literally. And I tried a wipe ou re-install, and re-upgrade to 10130, same problem.

Now that they released 10130 as iso, I clean installed it on my desktop, and now it runs the same as on my Surface Pro 2. All bugs and issues are identical between systems.

To me, it doesn't make sense that the ISO version was matching the Slow ring release, and now not anymore, so it must be that.

Upgrading Windows is like driving needles into my eyes. I literally hate it with a passion (even though I'm on 10130 upgraded from 8.1*).

* For testing purposes, didn't want to wipe all my data to just toy with Windows 10 for a while.

On that note Build 10135 is leaked.

Upgrading Windows is like driving needles into my eyes. I literally hate it with a passion (even though I'm on 10130 upgraded from 8.1*).

* For testing purposes, didn't want to wipe all my data to just toy with Windows 10 for a while.

On that note Build 10135 is leaked.

If upgrading Windows is complicated or not comfortable with the problems, then I don't think you should be using it. You should wait for the final release, and ask a friend of family member help to install it.

If upgrading Windows is complicated or not comfortable with the problems, then I don't think you should be using it. You should wait for the final release, and ask a friend of family member help to install it.

I was speaking of how hacked up the upgrade process is. Countless problems left and right from upgrades meanwhile clean installs work fluidly.

God damnit. I might actually need to upgrade to pro when windows 10 comes out... The AMD driver update is killing me

God damnit. I might actually need to upgrade to pro when windows 10 comes out... The AMD driver update is killing me

You could always just say screw updates and disabled them all together. Wait for the next build to come out before doing any upgrades. I have the latest AMD drivers from WU and have no problems with them. Which is probably due to how old my GPU is so its underlying code doesn't get touched much.

What build is Windows 10 at now?

10141 although only 10130 is available to insiders.

Well it actually difficult to know, as Windows 10 has actually many many branches.

All we know is that fbl_impressive is the one we have access. Winmain is the official release branch (it is always behind as it takes all completed, tested and approved content, as Win10 dev continues)

KB3070365 pushed out to updates fixing flyouts and notifications.

When you click icons on the taskbar (including Start, Cortana, Network, Battery, and Action Center) in Build 10130 of Windows 10 Insider Preview, the expected flyout might not open.

Not available on my side.

You lied Opcode! your LIIIIIIEEEDDD!!!!

[edit]Was already installed! :D You are awesome Opcode![/edit]

Not available on my side.

You lied Opcode! your LIIIIIIEEEDDD!!!!

[edit]Was already installed! :D You are awesome Opcode![/edit]

First thing I did was run Windows Update and all I got was a Windows Defender definition update. I was like wut... where mein KB3070365... then looked at installed updates and it was already there. Windows Update is now a ninja.

I upgraded my Windows 8.1 install to Build 10130 last night and it went pretty smooth. It's stable and works as you would expect. I installed the Windows 8.1 graphics driver package that you would get from AMD's website as the beta drivers available in Windows Update are a mess. I installed Build 10074 a while back and was immediately disgusted with it and reverted back to Windows 8.1. Although I can say I'm now seeing the potential in Build 10130. Windows 10 is in it's polishing stages right now so every build onward will continue to get better and better.

That's awesome to hear. I can't wait to get my copy in about a month.

ARRRGHHH! I really CANNOT get used to an OS newer than Windows 7.

I'm testing Windows 10 just now and I've had it do one of it's "necessary", "must install ASAP" updates.

It just so happened to be a graphics driver update. But... It chose the best time to install it off its own accord; when I'm playing a £@!%ING GAME!!!

Seriously... Microsoft ruined Windows (which let's be honest, was nowhere near perfect at Windows 7) with Windows 8. I was hoping to everything that they'd make it much better again with Windows 10. I'm VERY unimpressed with what I've seen in the ~two months (over the past year) that I've used it.

I think I'm going to stick with 7 like most people stuck with XP at this rate. Unless DX12 is unbelievably good and MANY other amazing things happen in the near future.

Hell, I can't even stop using ClassicStart because the Windows 10 start menu is still terrible.

Rant over... Anyone else agree with me on all of this?