Windows 10 Insider Topic

Gachr

Based on the leak of 10056, tomorrow we should have a set of screen shots (right now nothing really worth showing).

We will see.

Based on the leak of 10056, tomorrow we should have a set of screen shots (right now nothing really worth showing).

We will see.

Build 10056 screens have already leaked.  :P

213840_original_0.jpg

214132_original.jpg

213599_original.jpg

Yea, I meant others, more interesting ones.

Indeed it doesn't show much but a few key things.

• Recycle bin icon has been updated.
  • Start menu is re-sizable again.
  • Further migration of traditional Win32 frontends to WinRT.
  • Power button has moved.
  • Search bar has better integration into the taskbar.
  • Spartan now has a "Save As" option for PDF documents.

Indeed it doesn't show much but a few key things.

• Recycle bin icon has been updated.
  • Start menu is re-sizable again.
  • Further migration of traditional Win32 frontends to WinRT.
  • Power button has moved.
  • Search bar has better integration into the taskbar.
  • Spartan now has a "Save As" option for PDF documents.
- I want to see if it is the replaces icons: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/330450-microsoft-asks-for-feedback-on-its-new-set-of-icons-of-windows-10/, or only the recycle bin icon. As it would indicate the direction of icons (stay the same where the recycle bin will return back to now, or switch to the new icon set)

- Where do you see that?

- Same, where do you see that?

- Yes. Very nice. I recall sending feedback on it.

- nope. They just removed the Cortana icon and mic icon

- old news.

Is anyone able to get SLI enabled on their system? various things need to be shut down everytime I try to enable it but they are nowhere listed in the processes so they cant be shut down and therefore I cant enable SLI

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Now this is what I was looking for:

and

http://www.neowin.net/news/gallery-windows-10-build-10056

I think that answers all of your above questions.  -_-

Now to wait for a later build as 10051 and 10056 won't make it to the public (far too broken). Although Windows 10 is getting better hopefully something worth using as a daily driver in the coming months when it really starts to mature.

I think that answers all of your above questions.  -_-

Now to wait for a later build as 10051 and 10056 won't make it to the public (far too broken). Although Windows 10 is getting better hopefully something worth using as a daily driver in the coming months when it really starts to mature.

But how can we wait? The preview expires in 4 days... Why is Microsoft even releasing preview builds if the OS is going in 4 days...

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

But how can we wait? The preview expires in 4 days... Why is Microsoft even releasing preview builds if the OS is going in 4 days...

Windows 10 Technical Preview expires October 1, 2015.

Actually the build 10049 and the one before, both expires October 1, 2015. Every build or so, the date is adjusted.

It is the build itself that expires, not Windows 10 Preview

I love this. The new design of the recycle bin in 10056 is actually a redesign of the one in Windows 95 / 98 

win98vswin10-recycle-bin.jpg?itok=EIDlnv

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

I was worried about some apps but they look better and better as the designs keep coming. I'm realm excited. Windows 10 is looking fantastic.

Here is a link to the Windows Central article about the new leaked 10056 windows 10 build

http://www.windowscentral.com/windows-10-build-10056-everything-you-need-know

The apps also scale a lot better too.

SMW2l10.png

The apps also scale a lot better too.

SMW2l10.png

Ha yea def much better scaling. I was worried if they were going to get away from some of the design language they previously had but it looks like they are using the designs appropriately now. The new weather app looks fantastic in its design with the hamburger menu and the pivot controls. It seems that the scaling from desktop to mobile and even Xbox look great. Allowing slight tweaks to the apps by developers to make their apps look great on all platforms. The icons and placement of things are looking better and better. I'm getting more excited then ever.

I really was worried about apps but now with how powerful the windows apps seem to be and how they are designed and scale on all platforms I'm incredibly impressed at this moment. These windows apps (from the store) seem to look good and powerful enough to replace windows desktop apps.

We'll see how I feel when win10 and the apps are all released.

Ha yea def much better scaling. I was worried if they were going to get away from some of the design language they previously had but it looks like they are using the designs appropriately now. The new weather app looks fantastic in its design with the hamburger menu and the pivot controls. It seems that the scaling from desktop to mobile and even Xbox look great. Allowing slight tweaks to the apps by developers to make their apps look great on all platforms. The icons and placement of things are looking better and better. I'm getting more excited then ever.

I really was worried about apps but now with how powerful the windows apps seem to be and how they are designed and scale on all platforms I'm incredibly impressed at this moment. These windows apps (from the store) seem to look good and powerful enough to replace windows desktop apps.

We'll see how I feel when win10 and the apps are all released.

That's exactly what they are doing in Windows 10. The WinRT runtime is much faster than the traditional Win32. So Microsoft is porting as much as they can (even their browser aka "Spartan") to the new runtime because of the performance and cross platform advantages. I think with Windows 10 we will see a lot more "Metro" applications because of WinRT being handled by the OS much like Win32 already does.

Seeing how primitive Windows 8 Apps were, and the fact that Office was never released for it, makes me think that framework for the apps (WinRT) in Windows 8 was very limiting. Looks like Universal Apps are far more powerful. This is will help app growth a lot.

That's exactly what they are doing in Windows 10. The WinRT runtime is much faster than the traditional Win32. So Microsoft is porting as much as they can (even their browser aka "Spartan") to the new runtime because of the performance and cross platform advantages. I think with Windows 10 we will see a lot more "Metro" applications because of WinRT being handled by the OS much like Win32 already does.

Well they are many advantages. For one it is GPU rendered GUI

Second, it is high-DPI friendly by nature (even if the dev ignores it, it will be scale well)

Third, robust and sandboxed (which is a good and bad thing)

Fourth, touch support.

The bad thing is that, well it is sandboxed. I don't know how Universal apps works exactly, but if it is like Windows 8 Modern UI apps, you can't have system tweak tools done with, or CCleaner and all that. But we will see. We have to wiat for Microsoft BUILD event for all the details.

They are now calling them "Windows apps" and "windows desktop apps" I believe. That is better I think. Yes the WinRT is much more powerful it seems. It's the right direction. I very much thought that the windows apps wouldn't succeed until they were as powerful as win32 apps or almost as powerful and able to use touch and traditional mouse and keyboard. We don't want to run two of every app, one for touch and one for keyboard and mouse.

This is really awesome. This is what I've been looking for in desktop, phone and tablet devices. Thanks MS!

Seeing how primitive Windows 8 Apps were, and the fact that Office was never released for it, makes me think that framework for the apps (WinRT) in Windows 8 was very limiting. Looks like Universal Apps are far more powerful. This is will help app growth a lot.

My thoughts exactly. A lot of windows 8 apps were really only ok. They worked fine but not amazing but I wanted the experience that windows 8 was trying to offer. Windows 10 is bringing that experience I have been looking for. Universal apps that are powerful and a universal OS. I want just one store for apps across my devices, a tablet that can replace a laptop yet be good at both, and apps that work well between phone, tablet and mouse n keyboard. These new windows apps seem to do that with win10.

Why are you running it in a VM i've dual - booted my old win 7 pc with it so i don't have anu problem with it it works perfectly.

But in my opninon it looks a bit cheap (windows 10)