First PC Build - No Display Output to Monitor

CrazyFries

Built PC, everything seems to be plugged in right, it all powers on, monitor receives signal but there's no display.

Hopefully someone can help me with my issue! This is my first PC build and I am very anxious to get this up and running.

Computer Specifications:

●EVGA 01G-P4-2753-KR G-SYNC Support GeForce GTX 750 Superclocked 1GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Video Card

●LOGISYS Computer CS369BK ATX Mid Tower Computer Case with 480W Power Pupply

●AMD FX-8320 Vishera 8-Core 3.5GHz (4.0GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 125W Desktop Processor FD8320FRHKBOX

●Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive - OEM

●BIOSTAR TA970 AM3+ AMD 970 + SB950 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

●HyperX Fury Black Series 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model HX316C10FB/8

Maybe its because you dont have any bootable device plugged in. And I would recommend to get a better PSU ;) PSUs that come included in cases are always bad...

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

So the screen remains black but the monitor led turns green to say it has signal ? 

5820k@3.8GHz| Corsair H100i |Gigabyte x99 SLI | Corsair 16GB | EVGA 780Ti SC ACX SLI x2 |240GB SSD120GB SSD 512GB SSD 2TB HDD | 3x ASUS VN247H 24" ( nVidia Surround)

Maybe its because you dont have any bootable device plugged in. And I would recommend to get a better PSU ;) PSUs that come included in cases are always bad...

Get a corsair power supply, they're cheap and reliable. 

So both of you are basically saying that it may be that there is not enough power from the PSU to boot up an image to my monitor?

Maybe its because you dont have any bootable device plugged in.

Confused by your answer

Isn't the " Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive "  bootable?

Even if he didn't have any bootable device he would still get a POST screen stating that there was a boot failure, and to "select a bootable device and try again".

To the OP

How do you know the monitor is getting a signal?

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

So both of you are basically saying that it may be that there is not enough power from the PSU to boot up an image to my monitor?

Maybe that PSU cant provide the 8320 enough power, even though the 750 does not require external power ;)

So the screen remains black but the monitor led turns green to say it has signal ? 

My monitor signals "No Signal" and then goes to sleep since it is a brand new ASUS 24" LED monitor. The fans and every part of the motherboard are working because my cpu fan turns on, my tower fan, and my video card fan turns on. Everything turns on and works. I just get no signal.

1 - Confused by your answer

Isn't the " Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive "  bootable?

2 - Even if he didn't have any bootable device he would still get a POST screen stating that there was a boot failure, and to "select a bootable device and try again".

1 - He might not have an OS installed on the HDD, or he doesnt have an ISO mounted into a USB drive

2 - Maybe thats the PSUs fault ;)

My monitor signals "No Signal" and then goes to sleep since it is a brand new ASUS 24" LED monitor. The fans and every part of the motherboard are working because my cpu fan turns on, my tower fan, and my video card fan turns on. Everything turns on and works. I just get no signal.

Do you have the output cable connected to the GPU?

Built PC, everything seems to be plugged in right, it all powers on, monitor receives signal but there's no display.

Hopefully someone can help me with my issue! This is my first PC build and I am very anxious to get this up and running.

Computer Specifications:

●EVGA 01G-P4-2753-KR G-SYNC Support GeForce GTX 750 Superclocked 1GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Video Card

●LOGISYS Computer CS369BK ATX Mid Tower Computer Case with 480W Power Pupply

●AMD FX-8320 Vishera 8-Core 3.5GHz (4.0GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 125W Desktop Processor FD8320FRHKBOX

●Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive - OEM

●BIOSTAR TA970 AM3+ AMD 970 + SB950 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

●HyperX Fury Black Series 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model HX316C10FB/8

do you mean the monitor is ON, but wont display anything?

Also have you used the GPUs ports or MOBO's ports to connect to the monitor?

any means of using a different connection method eg DP or DVI? 

5820k@3.8GHz| Corsair H100i |Gigabyte x99 SLI | Corsair 16GB | EVGA 780Ti SC ACX SLI x2 |240GB SSD120GB SSD 512GB SSD 2TB HDD | 3x ASUS VN247H 24" ( nVidia Surround)

Do you have the output cable connected to the GPU?

I had tried my DRI / VGA / HDMI cable to see if one of them worked and I still had gotten no signal.

This might sound silly but do you have your monitor plugged into GPU or Mobo?

1 - He might not have an OS installed on the HDD, or he doesnt have an ISO mounted into a USB drive

2 - Maybe thats the PSUs fault ;)

You never said ANYTHING about an O/S you merely stated he had no bootable device. Several (All?) varieties of Linux (and Windows) can be booted from a USB key so he doesn't need any bootable device hard mounted at all.

"This too shall pass"

This might sound silly but do you have your monitor plugged into GPU or Mobo?

Remember, it's AMD. There's no integrated video. His only video out is the GPU.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X @ 4.7GHz | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 | Motherboard: X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI | RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB | Case: NCase M1 v6.0 | SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo+ 1TB, 860 Evo 1TB | CPU Cooler: H100i ELITE CAPELLIX | MonitorsLG 27GN950-B 4K 165Hz |

I've had similar issue and the problem was Motherboard not recognizing my GPU. I fixed it by updating Mobo BIOS. To make sure try booting up with older GPU(if you have one).

Intel Core i5-3570K @4,2Ghz w/ Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 || MSI Z77A-G43 || Crucial Ballistix Sport 2x8GB 1600Mhz CL9 || MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G || Samsung 850 Pro 256GB + WD Caviar Blue 1TB || CM Storm Quickfire XT || Roccat Kone Pure Optical || Logitech z-623 // Fiio e09k+e07k and Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250Ohm + Zalman ZM-MIC1

I've had similar issue and the problem was Motherboard not recognizing my GPU. I fixed it by updating Mobo BIOS. To make sure try booting up with older GPU(if you have one).

This is his first build, he doesn't have an older GPU >_<

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X @ 4.7GHz | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 | Motherboard: X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI | RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB | Case: NCase M1 v6.0 | SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo+ 1TB, 860 Evo 1TB | CPU Cooler: H100i ELITE CAPELLIX | MonitorsLG 27GN950-B 4K 165Hz |

So does anyone have a potential idea which may help me be directed in the right path?

Did you apply thermal paste? Did you connect all the cables properly? Does the pc make any "beep" sounds?

"like if you could buy two Xbox Ones, put them togheter and actually play games at 1080P! Ha! BURN"

-Linus

Try clearing the CMOS (take the motherboard battery out and put it back in after 30 mins)

i5 4670k - Z87X-UD3H - EVGA GTX 670 Sig 2 - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB - 8GB Avexir Core White 1600Mhz - Corsair 750D w/ RGB LED Mod & Remote Control - 2x SP120 - 3x Enermax Cluster - 2TB Seagate SSHD - Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 - SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750W 

After checking ALL the power cables are in properly try reseating(properly seating) the RAM.

If still no joy try looking at :-

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/42440-readme-how-to-respond-to-a-no-post-or-no-power-up-situation/

Obviously the no power portion doesn't apply to you but the no POST does.

"This too shall pass"

I agree with most of the people here.

You need to be as specific as possible when you describe your issue.

Depending on that, you check a technical component or another.

I would start with the beginning: is your GPU card correctly inserted into your PCI express slot? have you checked that? Also, check changing your slot if you are unsure.

If you check this, then we can go further into analysis.

you could take a pic of the monitor and the inside of the build so we can see if there's something wrong.

Don't get mad, get even...

Did you apply thermal paste? Did you connect all the cables properly? Does the pc make any "beep" sounds?

Friend of his here. Thermal paste is good, all cables are good, PC doesn't beep or anything, it turns on and everything as if it's all good, but there's still no video...Newegg is RMA'ing the motherboard.