Need advice on getting a used x51

MontBlanco

Yeah, that's an awesome deal. I could sell it for £500-600 like seriously, buy it.

Are you sure there's nothing wrong with it?

Compatible with Windows 95

Well the i7 2600 is a great cpu even by today standards... would be better if it was the K-version but 150 bucks for a case, mobo and CPU doesn't seem like a terrible deal. Just slap 8GB of ram and one of those GTX 750Ti that don't need external power on it and you're good to go.

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

I found an ad in kijiji of a guy selling a x51 chassis included a i7 2600 and power brick for $150. Is this a good deal to get? Anything I have to look for? Here's the link : http://www.kijiji.ca/v-computer-components/city-of-toronto/alienware-x-51-chassis-case-i7-2600-cpu/1022219495?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

I would gladly pay that price for the CPU alone. If it works, that is. However, I would make a build out of the parts that are interesting in there. CPU, RAM, MOBO and HDD are probably better off in another case and with a decent GPU.

Spoiler