GTX 980 + Kraken G10 = Void warranty?

Hi guys,

I was planning on attaching a Kraken X41 with a Kraken G10 bracket to my reference cooled GTX 980. My card manufacturer is Gigabyte and I was wondering if doing this will void the warranty or cause any other problems.

Cheers.

Hi guys,

I was planning on attaching a Kraken X41 with a Kraken G10 bracket to my reference cooled GTX 980. My card manufacturer is Gigabyte and I was wondering if doing this will void the warranty or cause any other problems.

Cheers.

It all depends on the manufacturer's policy. Best thing is to contact them directly. If I recall correctly, Gigabyte DOES void the warranty.

Spoiler

I believe EVGA is the only manufacturer that will still warranty the card after you remove the stock cooler.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

It all depends on the manufacturer's policy. Best thing is to contact them directly. If I recall correctly, Gigabyte DOES void the warranty.

Fuck.

Fuck.

Contact them to verify. Either by phoning the California manufacture and asking for technical support, or on their official forum. Keep in mind if you phone, you might just talk to someone who says it's not permitted and he just pulled that out of nowhere. Try to make sure he actually makes sure.

Spoiler

Hi guys,

Cheers.

Contact them to verify. Either by phoning the California manufacture and asking for technical support, or on their official forum. Keep in mind if you phone, you might just talk to someone who says it's not permitted and he just pulled that out of nowhere. Try to make sure he actually makes sure.

Also, report back with the info. Some of us would like to know as well.

Spoiler

Like the others have said, call Gigabyte and ask them. I know with MSI, as long as you don't physically damage the card, the warranty remains intact.

5820K - ASUS X99-A - 16GB Corsair LPX - HD 7970 GHz - Qnix 1440p @ 96Hz - Waiting for Polaris/Pascal

Like the others have said, call Gigabyte and ask them. I know with MSI, as long as you don't physically damage the card, the warranty remains intact.

Yep, I can confirm MSI is okay with it.

Spoiler

Just so you know of Maxwell cards have a new screw pattern so I don't know if the G10 will fit.

Just so you know of Maxwell cards have a new screw pattern so I don't know if the G10 will fit.

is it really that hard for you to check the kraken g10 offical page before posting that?

is it really that hard for you to check the kraken g10 offical page before posting that?

I think that was aimed at the OP who was planning to use it in the first place, when it's not compatible according to that other guy (I didn't check it myself, but I'll take his word for it)

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

I think that was aimed at the OP who was planning to use it in the first place, when it's not compatible according to that other guy (I didn't check it myself, but I'll take his word for it)

http://www.nzxt.com/product/detail/138-kraken-g10-gpu-bracket.html

The 980 is listed as being compatible 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Well I guess that's what I get for trusting strangers on the internet... offering candy information...

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

Nope but I knew the 750 Ti didn't work unless that's changed now too.

Like someone said before , it depends on the manufactor but I think that in general it will break the warranty , but if you put again all the things together I think that will be just fine , but this could be illegal perhaps , but imagine that u put an bracket for WC ...

Well they might have used the same pattern as the 680 then possibly because with the 750 Ti the purposely used a new patter so new coolers would have to be design. But yes I do agree always go check the spec page.

Hi guys,

Cheers.

Why?

Yes it will void warranty.

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

Why? Yes it will void warranty.

Because I wanna go fast. Please don't answer with no evidence. If you are 100% certain that the warranty will be void, please provide proof from Gigabyte.

Because I wanna go fast. Please don't answer with no evidence. If you are 100% certain that the warranty will be void, please provide proof from Gigabyte.

It is pretty well known that Gigabyte doesnt allow tampering with the cooler. I emailed them regarding the LED light and they told me the same thing. As far as providing proof, i could care less about proving anything to you lol. Do the work yourself.

Also, a Kraken G10 doesnt mean your card will clock faster. WC will only help further OC if you are limited by temps which i seriously doubt you are.

if there is a sticker on one/all of the mounting screws, then removing the cooler will likely void warranty. otherwise, if there is no physical damage and no indication that you took the cooler off, how would they know?

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

if there is a sticker on one/all of the mounting screws, then removing the cooler will likely void warranty. otherwise, if there is no physical damage and no indication that you took the cooler off, how would they know?

This^^ but if Gigabyte suspect's you removed it they will try to void it.

I believe EVGA is the only manufacturer that will still warranty the card after you remove the stock cooler.

EVGA will honor their warranty , but requires you to re-install the original cooler

and any install damage is held against accepting your warranty rma request

all very reasonable. so don't booger it up

EVGA will honor their warranty , but requires you to re-install the original cooler

and any install damage is held against accepting your warranty rma request

all very reasonable. so don't booger it up

Agreed. It is very reasonable.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

This is from the manual for the 980 on their website.

Please do not remove any labels on this graphics card. Doing so may void the warranty of this card.

I'm going to assume that if there is a sticker on one of the screws, then that will void the warranty.