Are Switch Samplers Worth it?

I have a poker II with Cherry Mx Blues on currently, i've heard from alot of people that the reds are horrible to use however i love the sound of them over the blues but im not too sure if i want to invest the money into a keyboard with different keys as i dont want to waste my money if i dont like them, so are key samplers worth it ( one with each key type) i heard browns are nice but they just dont have the same sound as red :D

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00I0VX4VS/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=UCNXQRGALW19&coliid=I2AL8Q6HWH540Z

Are they worth it? They don't cost that much and only you can really answer if they are worth it. Coolermaster has a nice deal on their tester if you are looking for a new (CMStorm) board, though.

Yeah if you really want it.

no, you are only going to use it once, and that money could sway your keyboard decision 

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

no, you are only going to use it once, and that money could sway your keyboard decision 

I know what you mean, its either a K70 RGB with reds or a board with browns. Ill look into it. I might have to find a store that will let me test them out.

I know what you mean, its either a K70 RGB with reds or a board with browns. Ill look into it. I might have to find a store that will let me test them out.

If you have a Best Buy nearby, they should have a G710+ in the PC gaming section that will have brown switches on it. I don't think they'll have any reds though, so you may need to go to a store more focused on computers.

I love my sampler(s). It really does alot for me. I can try out different spring/stem combos. I can put it next to my desk and use it as stress relief or to keep my fingers busy. You may use it once to figure out the type of keyboard you want, but they do have their purposes in the long run. I have 20 custom made plates similar to the Max Keyboards Switch tester. (4x4) THey all have different uses for me. 3 are for testing, Some have variations of linear switches, Some variations of tactile switches, and some clickies. I have 2 that I use for gaming (like mini Ergo Dox's) And one with Super Blacks (150g) That I use for stress relief. Others will have all of one switch to get a typing experience on it.

Finally I have one that houses all my rare switches including my Cherry MX Yellow, Cherry MX Alps, Cherry Hirose Orange, Hirose Grey Green, MX/M8 ADapter, and a MX Lock.