Monitors and TV's

Nachoz88
So, I'm a console gamer(Yes i know y'all are PC Gamers) and id like to get into PC Gaming but I want to get in big. So, considering im a console gamer, obviously im used to playing games on big screens. But i want to go 4K on PC. Ive been doing research and as much as there are great 4K monitors like the ASUS PB287Q,, they are just not big enough. So I thought of having 1 central TV which i can hook up all my consoles and the PC to as well as watch normal cable TV on. Again i did some research and found that TV's are not the best for 4K PC gaming. So i was just wondering if there's anything you can recommend that is Big and Can smoothly support PC 4K Gaming, console gaming, Normal PC Use (because that's the PC ill be using for school work blablabla) and normal cable tv as well. I'm willing to sacrifice a little bit of performance for size. But it does need to be 4K and have as little lag as possible.
Additional information is that I plan on building the PC itself with 2 gtx 980s or 2 gtx 970s for the CPU to support the 4K. are there any better options for this??

Thanks a lot :)

It would help people if you gave a size like 27" even though you're probably wanting  much bigger and if it helps the reason tv's arn't as good is because they are not made to have as fast of a response time as a monitor which generally has 5ms or less. You could also always go with an three monitor display as well which are quite nice but you would need a good gpu (probably 2 in sli/crossfire. Hope it helps in anyway ;)

TVs generally have high response times and correct me if I'm wrong, but the pixel density leaves much to be desired.

Get a multimonitor setup and SLI a couple of 980s.

TVs generally have high response times and correct me if I'm wrong, but the pixel density leaves much to be desired.

Tried my 50" TV, sat very close to it, looked exactly the same as my 24" monitor, played at 1080 without AA. Noticed the same amount of jaggies.

How far away from the screen are you going to be sitting? I tried using my tv as a computer monitor (size was 42") and absolutely hated it. Sitting so close to such a big screen is a real pain in the arse...

A big tv is AMAZING for console gaming or when sitting far away from the screen and playing with a controller but I would never want it fro computer gaming with mouse and keyboard. 

And tbh I don't really enjoy 4k that much on a computer...text is too small when just doing normal stuff and the amount of horsepower needed is a waste of money (for me). Id much rather a really nice 1440p screen like the LG 34um95-p or the AOC u3477pqu (saving up for one of them atm).

But this is all my personal opinion anyway :)

Case Define r3 CPU 3930k GPU EVGA GTX 780 RAM 16GB Vengeance PSU Corsair HX750W SSD Samung 840 Evo 500GB + Corsiar Force 120GB + Samsung 840 250GB HDD 2x WD Blue 1TB + Seagate 2TB Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 Monitor Asus MG279 Headphones Sennheiser HD700 + Beyerdynamic T51p + Sennheiser ie80 Microphone Rode Podcaster  DAC/Amp Denon DA-USB300 + Schiit Valhalla 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your replies guys. So I am thinking ill just go with both a monitor and a tv, monitor for PC and TV for consoles.My computer will have 2 gtx 980sli from nvidia... not the gigabyte or EVGA ones (without overclock) then have an ASUS 27" PG287Q. Might add 2 more PB287Qs later.... So now what should i get for my consoles? (I have both Next Gen consoles. ps4 and xbox one) so preferrably something 55" with 4K.

My budget for the tv is like 4000$ so what should i get for the TV's??????