FX 8350 & GTX 970

Ovat08

Hi, im new here and like linus said "create a post in our forums" when i asked about this combination in twitter, that is why i did this post :)

I have a crosshair formula v z whit a fx8350, i returned my asus r9 280x dcu ii top because of the awkard artifacting, and i would like to know if i get a GTX 970 could be a good combination, i mean no bottlenecks or something like that, i use my fx8350 at stock speed

And yes my english is not very god so thanks if you read my post

It's very difficult to bottleneck with a modern CPU and GPU, as long as one or the other isn't a super weak product. You're fine.

Case: NZXT H440 | CPU: i5 4670K @ 4.5 GHz | GPU: MSI 970, Kraken G10 | Mobo: ASRock Z97 Extreme3 | Cooler: H100i | PSU: Corsair AX750 w/ Sleeved Cables | Display: 3xBenQ RL2455M | Fans: 5xNoctua NF-F12, 1xBitFenix Spectre |

in most games you will be totaly fine.

But it highly depends on the games you play offcourse.

Try to go for intel i5.

I know AMD is much more cheaper but i5 will win AMD on single core processing.

AMD run much more hotter than intel does. for the long run, go for intel/nvidia when you build your pc.

Actually amd runs just fine with that card. And it also runs cool enough to not even worry about it. Don't oc on the stock cooler but with any decent aftermarket cooler you are fine. I have mine at 4.7 on a corsair h100i and I see at worst mid 40s. Any modern Intel will outperform that chip core vs core but it won't bottleneck to the point where you should replace it. At least I can't justify 500+ for like 10-15 fps

in most games you will be totaly fine.

But it highly depends on the games you play offcourse.

I play Battlefield 4 more often and fifa 2015 (just saying i know is not a very demanding game even when now use ignite engine in pc) but yes i play more games in single player but just install those games to complete the single player mode.

Try to go for intel i5.

I know AMD is much more cheaper but i5 will win AMD on single core processing.

AMD run much more hotter than intel does. for the long run, go for intel/nvidia when you build your pc.

For now im just replacing my gpu for the reason i mentioned Before, but maybe in a month if i do some works and sell my crosshair v formula z whit my fx 8530 i am going to get a i5 4690k and an Asus Z97-A motherboard but that depends of how money i could get these days.

Thank you for your suggestion ill keep it in mind ooo and thanks for be patient reading my dummy english.

Actually amd runs just fine with that card. And it also runs cool enough to not even worry about it. Don't oc on the stock cooler but with any decent aftermarket cooler you are fine. I have mine at 4.7 on a corsair h100i and I see at worst mid 40s. Any modern Intel will outperform that chip core vs core but it won't bottleneck to the point where you should replace it. At least I can't justify 500+ for like 10-15 fps

I have a zalman cnps9900max whit artic silver 5 thermal paste applied but i feel even whit that cooler i could not overclock my cpu because of the hot weather in my city and could not support the hot temp after the overclock.

¿May i know the values you used to have that speed in your cpu? Thanks for the answer :)

It's very difficult to bottleneck with a modern CPU and GPU, as long as one or the other isn't a super weak product. You're fine.

I hope i can run my games fine. Thanks for you comment.

I have a zalman cnps9900max whit artic silver 5 thermal paste applied but i feel even whit that cooler i could not overclock my cpu because of the hot weather in my city and could not support the hot temp after the overclock.

¿May i know the values you used to have that speed in your cpu? Thanks for the answer :)

Yes that's no problem. I am actually out of town ATM for business. I'll post it back here quoting you with a snapshot. I used to have a huge fat air cooler like the 612 but putting it under the h100i I was able to finally stretch its legs. I have it clocked at 4.6 for daily use but can get 4.7 if I adjust some numbers. Snapshots to come.

I did try 4.8 but was not so lucky with the silicon lottery. Although I could probably get it if I messed with my power. Don't have a gold rated, or bronze for that matter so I don't trust it too much. But I am always looking for a good reason to upgrade, just need to save now, going for about a 850w platinum or gold. Sli in the near future :)

I play Battlefield 4 more often and fifa 2015 (just saying i know is not a very demanding game even when now use ignite engine in pc) but yes i play more games in single player but just install those games to complete the single player mode.

For single player mode you are totaly fine, even in BF4. :)

BF4 single player is gpu bound, not cpu.

For single player mode you are totaly fine, even in BF4. :)

BF4 single player is gpu bound, not cpu.

No no obviously i play battlefield 4 in multiplaye :) when i sat other games in multiplayer i mean darksiders, shador of mordor, witcher etc.

Yes that's no problem. I am actually out of town ATM for business. I'll post it back here quoting you with a snapshot. I used to have a huge fat air cooler like the 612 but putting it under the h100i I was able to finally stretch its legs. I have it clocked at 4.6 for daily use but can get 4.7 if I adjust some numbers. Snapshots to come.

Sorry it took so long to upload, business got dragged out longer than expected. Here is a link to a post on imgur I put up with my pc running full tilt for 20 minutes. Pay attention to the open hardware speeds, just happened to catch cpu-z as it was refreshing core0, the one it monitors on that.      http://imgur.com/gallery/jAgzVuc/new

It will only bottleneck if you're playing a game that hammers the CPU. Stuff like Battlefield 4 and CS: GO should run great.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)