HTC One m7 battery troubles

UselessBread
Go to solution Solved by UselessBread,

who knows i dont know how this works at htc but i would just try to get rma on it because something like that is not supposed to happen after a year... maybe you got a bad battery

The problem has... magically solved itself. I assume it is a software issue that fixed itself by means of magic.

Hey
I have some problems with my m7's battery for some reason right now.
I charged it yesterday woke up today just to hear it vibrating to indicate that it turned off, with an empty battery.
I also experienced some problems with the battery before that. Charged it for a several hours only for it to be at 30% then.
This all started very suddenly. The battery lasted several days without a charge just this weekend.

I suspected that it maybe has something to do with Cyanogenmod 10 which I recently updated to from Cyanogenmod 9. However now thinking about this it seems unlikely as I think I had CM10 for a week or similar.

Here is the battery thingy from the settings:
post-27399-0-76778600-1412145483_thumb.p
To be honest this here ^ is kinda shit. They could make it a lot better.

Is this a case of a bad battery or some software issue?
Help?

Cyanogen mod has been know to drain the battery, not sure exactly how that works but I read about it before

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

Cyanogen mod has been know to drain the battery, not sure exactly how that works but I read about it before

Yeah I've heard that before however it ran perfectly fine for more than a month.

how old is your m7? litium-ion batteries have a certain number of recharge cycles if you go past the number the battery will become weaker and will eventually start to behave weiredly. You might just have to change the battery, wich is only possible by sending it in and letting it be changed by htc...

how old is your m7? litium-ion batteries have a certain number of recharge cycles if you go past the number the battery will become weaker and will eventually start to behave weiredly. You might just have to change the battery, wich is only possible by sending it in and letting it be changed by htc...

349 days old.

This should not be happening after a year.

349 days old.

This should not be happening after a year.

who knows i dont know how this works at htc but i would just try to get rma on it because something like that is not supposed to happen after a year... maybe you got a bad battery

The problem has... magically solved itself. I assume it is a software issue that fixed itself by means of magic.

had the same problem with my m7 where the phone was losing battery quickly and not charging. I solved the first issue by unistalling everything I didn't need and the problem was gone. For the second problem I cleaned the micro usb port on the bottom of the phone with a needle (phone turned off of course). It seems like it gathers a layer of dust over a couple of months which prevents the cable in making reliable contact. 

just be careful not to break pins :P

amazing!