Please help, i think my HDD is acting weird.

So yesterday when I decided to find out how my PC sounded without any fans, I noticed a static noise. not from any headphones or speakers, but from inside my pc. It seemed as if it was coming from the far right section of my motherboard, so i listened and the source could be from the motherboard, to the hard drive. It makes static like noises whenever I start a program and such. As im typing this i hear it very faintly. I do not know if this is the HDD or the mobo.

Has anyone else had this problem???

Well, by design. HDDs should make a noise considering that they have physical moving parts.

The arm. The platters. The electric motors.

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

static noises?

Could you record it or give a better description?

It could be the average electronics buzzing that most PC's get (some louder) or coil whine (isnt the buzzing coil whine?)

Or it could be the noise every HDD makes, a clacking noise from the read head, or even the disk spinning

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

HDD. It's normal, every HDD sounds like that, just the head moving around.

"Rawr XD"

HDD. It's normal, every HDD sounds like that, just the head moving around.

Yep, this old mate is right it's just the head.

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one