Case Pressure Question

CaffienatedBovine

I have ordered the parts for a new build, but I am beginning to wonder if case pressure will be an issue. I have a 450d, which comes with two 140mm intake and one 120mm exhaust. But I am putting in the h110 (dual 140mm), and was intending for that to be also exhaust. Is this going to be an issue?

LOL this is my config WITH THE SAME rad/case combo

I have 

Front 2 140mm - intake

I have bottom 120 - intake

Rad fans - exhaust

Rear 120 Exhaust

but make sure the Pump is attached to another fan header besides CPU_FAN (it messes up sometimes with the H110) and put the rear 120 exhaust on CPU_FAN with a low speed adapter if you can. This is what I do.

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Nope. Difference between positive and negative pressure inside the case is that positive pressured case doesn't accumulate dust quickly compared to negative ones.

My Current PC Codename: Scrapper

Spoiler

Intel i5-3570 | Some LGA 1155 MOBO Some Generic DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz | PowerColor RX 560 2GB | Recycled HP Case Crucial MX100 128GB 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Some Generic 500w PSU | Intel Stock Cooler

LOL this is my config WITH THE SAME rad/case combo

I have 

Front 2 140mm - intake

I have bottom 120 - intake

Rad fans - exhaust

Rear 120 Exhaust

but make sure the Pump is attached to another fan header besides CPU_FAN (it messes up sometimes with the H110) and put the rear 120 exhaust on CPU_FAN with a low speed adapter if you can. This is what I do.

So an intake at the bottom might be a good idea? (also you have good taste) :)

So an intake at the bottom might be a good idea? (also you have good taste) :)

I bought 2 AF120's one for rear and one for bottom. But for the bottom, WARNING, the actual fan holes for it wont work at all if you have a Power supply like the RM650. I had to screw it in using the fan grill holes already there. No issues though, and it also isolates the fan from the case a bit better.

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

I hate dust. Go Positive.

CPU: Intel I7 4930k 4.4GHz | Motherboard: Asus x79 Deluxe | Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws Z Series (4x4GB) 2400mhz 10-12-12-31 | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 | Storage: Samsung 840 250GB & WD Velociraptor 1TB | PSU: Seasonic Platinum Series 860 |

Cooling: Noctua NH-U-14S Two Fans | Case Fans : 3 Noctua NF A14 FLX  | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate

@CaffienatedBovine

one thing to consider.

filters tend to "limit" airflow. 2x 140 filtered intake is really 1x 140, 2x 140 is really

2x 140 exhaust. so you are already working in a "negative" scenario. adding

another 120mm will reduce the negative, but minutely.

honestly, the dual front and dual top as intake (roof is filtered) will improve the

pressure issue, without compromise of massive dust collection. case is naturally

ventilated enough not to impede any exhaust over-run.

@CaffienatedBovine

one thing to consider.

filters tend to "limit" airflow. 2x 140 filtered intake is really 1x 140, 2x 140 is really

2x 140 exhaust. so you are already working in a "negative" scenario. adding

another 120mm will reduce the negative, but minutely.

honestly, the dual front and dual top as intake (roof is filtered) will improve the

pressure issue, without compromise of massive dust collection. case is naturally

ventilated enough not to impede any exhaust over-run.

I feel like I should be more worried about bringing all that heat directly over my components through the rad. Is case pressure really going to be a big issue? The way it's set up right now, dual 140 kinda filtered in (not very fine mesh), dual 140 filtered exhaust, and 120 exhaust at the back.

I feel like I should be more worried about bringing all that heat directly over my components through the rad. Is case pressure really going to be a big issue? The way it's set up right now, dual 140 kinda filtered in (not very fine mesh), dual 140 filtered exhaust, and 120 exhaust at the back.

not really other than dust control.

the air through the rad through the mesh and then through the filter is very

restrictive on the exhaust side of the cooling.

you have the case, you can find out a lot just by repositioning the fans and

locations.

from what i had found using the 450D was the front inlet was far superior to

the 350/750D but the filtering was deemed "low restriction" but still was taking

a lot from the flow rate and capacity to move air into the case.  the amount of

air penetrating the interior was but a whisper and was relatively a non-cooling

component with the OE 140L fans.

as to heat from the radiator making an issue with interior components, again a

non-issue if the front fans were more of a player.