When did amazon international shipping get so cheap? O.O

Sharif
Go to solution Solved by Sharif,

Just marking multiple answer as best answers 

I meant to say, that you just add it to the shopping cart to see the real shipping costs. You don't need a credit card for that.

I had to use a credit card in the end (random generator) 

Then they took me to this page and i was certain C: 

Screenshot (167).png

be careful

check import tax costs

its 5% in UAE for stuff over ~70$

a trick to get behind it is gift wrapping it which removes the billing info (price)

and if they ever asked how much it costs say i dont know its a gift maybe 50$ and they will just let it pass through

ME

Its great and everything but more expensive when ordering multiple smaller items like 3x fans,thermal paste etc 

never the less awesome   :wub:

I planned on getting the 960 (when it launches) which is priced same as the 970 in amazon,over here in SA

So while i was selling my GPU who was interested in buying it,he told me to get it from amazon becasue its cheap i went like that delivery cost is nuts  but he said no (with explanation) and showed me the cart,my mind was blown.....

Standard Shipping (To middle east)   Product Category Per Shipment Per Item Books, VHS videotapes $6.99 $6.99* **Video Games $6.99 $6.99 CDs, DVDs, Blu-ray, Music Cassettes, Vinyl $6.99 $4.99* **Jewelry, Watches, Clothing Items $6.99 $4.99 **Baby, Toys $6.99 $3.99/lb **Automotive, Computers, Electronics, Home, Personal Care, Kitchen, Outdoor Living, Sports, Tools, Shoes $6.99 $3.49/lb **Video Games Consoles $6.99 $2.99/lb **Luggage $9.99 $4.99/lb Any combination of the above items Highest applicable per-shipment charge As above

$6.99 $3.49/lb

I will save 700sr/186$.......if i get the 970 from amazon 

Ok ok,this topic looks like something you would reply *K*too but

My Question is,am i doing something wrong that would suggest why the price is so cheap?  :) 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

because bulk shipping is possible, also remember to watch out for taxes.

Amazon will ship containers to your country with various orders and stuff and then take them to a local distribution centre and divide them up.

Are you going to get a 960 with taht phenom is the real question

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!

This, you will get robbed in your country by taxes! Try finding out if it ends up being cheaper to buy from Amazon.

WHAT ?!?!?!

i was using aramex all this time

let me check this out and ill report back

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Are you going to get a 960 with taht phenom is the real question

BottleNeck yes but these days games are more GPU demanding and i will upgrade that down the road :P   

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Amazon will ship containers to your country with various orders and stuff and then take them to a local distribution centre and divide them up.

Amazon say there isn't any taxes in my country  

Should i be worried? 

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

I planned on getting the 960 (when it launches) which is priced same as the 970 in amazon,over here in SA

So while i was selling my GPU who was interested in buying it,he told me to get it from amazon becasue its cheap i went like that delivery cost is nuts  but he said no (with explanation) and showed me the cart,my mind was blown.....

Standard Shipping (To middle east)   Product Category Per Shipment Per Item Books, VHS videotapes $6.99 $6.99* **Video Games $6.99 $6.99 CDs, DVDs, Blu-ray, Music Cassettes, Vinyl $6.99 $4.99* **Jewelry, Watches, Clothing Items $6.99 $4.99 **Baby, Toys $6.99 $3.99/lb **Automotive, Computers, Electronics, Home, Personal Care, Kitchen, Outdoor Living, Sports, Tools, Shoes $6.99 $3.49/lb **Video Games Consoles $6.99 $2.99/lb **Luggage $9.99 $4.99/lb Any combination of the above items Highest applicable per-shipment charge As above

$6.99 $3.49/lb

I will save 700sr/186$.......if i get the 970 from amazon 

Ok ok,this topic looks like something you would reply *K*too but

My Question is,am i doing something wrong that would suggest why the price is so cheap?  :) 

just put it in the cart and you will see the final price

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

just put it in the card and you will see the final price

Since I  have hardcash and have no credit/debit card,i have to ask my dad

I don't want to purchase it until i am seriously going to by it this second   :)

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_tax_rates

well ill be damned looks like the VAT is 0% in SA . no tax 

Petrol growing on trees 

Technically it sort of is  :lol:

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

Since I  have hardcash and have no credit/debit card,i have to ask my dad

I don't want to purchase it until i am seriously going to by it this second   :)

I meant to say, that you just add it to the shopping cart to see the real shipping costs. You don't need a credit card for that.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

post-28149-0-24144400-1412116108_thumb.p

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

be careful

check import tax costs

a trick to get behind it is gift wrapping it which removes the billing info (price)

and if they ever asked how much it costs say i dont know its a gift maybe 50$ and they will just let it pass through

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

well unless warranty is important :P

i only buy stuff from local retailers if i know they have a high occurrence of dying or DOA

like hard drives , ram and motherboards

everything else outside :)

Woah woah woah, the 960 will be priced the same as the 970? whats the fucking point then?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

be careful

check import tax costs

Should i be worried?

0% (foreigners)

Zakat 2.5% on capital assets (natives)

and if i order it as a gift will the main price be the same? ( i have zero experience)  

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

Woah woah woah, the 960 will be priced the same as the 970? whats the fucking point then?

970 1900sr~

760/960 1300sr~

Amazon 

970 1300~

760/960 700~ 

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

well unless warranty is important :P

i only buy stuff from local retailers if i know they have a high occurrence of dying or DOA

like hard drives , ram and motherboards

everything else outside :)

Wait what warranty won't be supported? 

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

Wait what warranty won't be supported? 

AFAIK for individual  hardware no

for stuff like laptops or desktops (dell toshiba etc) yes

Should i be worried?

0% (foreigners)

Zakat 2.5% on capital assets (natives)

and if i order it as a gift will the main price be the same? ( i have zero experience)  

Duty Rates

Duty rates in Saudi Arabia vary from 0% to 50%, with the average duty rate at 4.58%.  Some products can be imported free of duty (e.g. books, laptops and other electronic products).

looks like its 0% ! :)

Bump

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

Just marking multiple answer as best answers 

Screenshot (167).png

be careful

check import tax costs

ME

Its great and everything but more expensive when ordering multiple smaller items like 3x fans,thermal paste etc 

never the less awesome   :wub:

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

AFAIK for individual  hardware no

for stuff like laptops or desktops (dell toshiba etc) yes

YYAAAAEH  :D

Raja R.Hello Sharif Sircar, thank you for contacting ASUS support. Please give me a few moments to review your information. I will be with you shortly.

3:28 am Hi Sharif, How may I help you ?

Sharif Sircar Hello please ignore the serial number

Raja R.Ok.

Sharif SircarIf i was to order Internationally from amazon to SA

will the warranty still be applicable?

Item GTX 970 strix

Raja R.Ok, please give me minute. I will check with that.

Yes, the warranty, remains same

Sharif Sircar If i was to face a problem over the years or some point during the warranty will they cover shipping?

Raja R.Yes, if your product under warranty they will provide the one way shipping for your product.

Sharif Sircar one way is reasonable

Raja R.Yes.

Sharif Sircarok thanks for all your help

Raja R.Is there anything else I can help you today ?

Sharif Sircar i am kinda new to international ordering

No thanks

good bye

You rated our customer service as good.
Raja R.You're welcome, I appreciate your time and patience. Thank you for choosing ASUS! complete a short survey to let us know how we are doing.

To let me know how I am doing, please feel free to provide feedback by clicking the "thumbs up" or "thumbs down" at the top of this chat window. Your feedback is important.

Thank you again for choosing ASUS. Have a great day!

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

Raja R.Yes, if your product under warranty they will provide the one way shipping for your product.

Sharif Sircar one way is reasonable

shipping from SA to USA is a pretty expensive :/

but looks like they will cover USA to SA