First Case of Ebola on US Soil

First case of Ebola on US Soil confirmed in Dallas, Texas

Officials with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have confirmed the case.

The patient is said to be a man believed to have been infected in Liberia prior to displaying symptoms of the illness in Texas.

More than 3,000 people have already died of Ebola in West Africa.

A handful of US medical workers infected in West Africa have recovered after being flown back to the US for treatment.

On Monday, officials with the Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas said an unnamed patient was being tested for the virus and had been placed in isolation.

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-29437070

Not the UK yet then.

Specs are on my profile page

Teach a man to fish and he ends up sticking a screw driver in a turned on power supply seeing if it still works.        #KilledMyWifeWithABomb            Resolution is just a number

Well shit.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

So, I totally called it.

DALLAS — A patient in a Dallas hospital has been confirmed to have the deadly Ebola virus, News 8 has learned.

That person has been held in "strict isolation" as he or she was evaluated for possible exposure to the virus.

This is the first case of Ebola confirmed in the United States. The Centers for Disease Control will hold a press conference at 4:30 p.m. in Atlanta regarding the diagnosis.

In a statement issued Tuesday night, Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas said the patient was admitted based on symptoms and "recent travel history."

The hospital, located at Greenville Avenue and Walnut Hill Lane in northeast Dallas, said it's complying with all recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and the Texas Department of Health to ensure the safety of other patients and medical staff.

Zachary Thompson, the director of the Dallas County Health & Human Services, said Tuesday morning the Center for Disease Control was mobilizing as if the patient tested positive for the virus.

Thompson said Tuesday morning Dallas County is ready to care for the patient.

"This is not Africa," Thompson said. "We have a great infrastructure to deal with an outbreak."

The World Health Organization said it has confirmed more than 3,000 Ebola-related deaths in West Africa during the current outbreak, which has spread to five countries: Guinea, Liberia, Nigeria, Senegal and Sierra Leone.

Fort Worth physician Dr. Kent Brantly, who became infected while working in Liberia, recovered after being moved to a hospital in Atlanta.

Earlier this month, President Barack Obama announced that the U.S. would offer military and medical help to combat the disease in West Africa which has now reached epidemic proportions.

Several other U.S. hospitals have previously raised alerts in connection with patients who presented Ebola-like symptoms, but all those cases tested negative for the virus

Source: http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/health/2014/09/29/dallas-presbyterian-hospital-ebola-patient-isolation/16460629/

The CDC has confirmed the first Ebola case diagnosed in the U.S. and will hold a news conference at 5:30PM E.T. Tuesday. CNBC's Meg Tirrell has the details.

The United States has its first confirmed case of Ebola, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said on Tuesday, marking the first domestic appearance of the deadly virus that has ravaged swaths of continental Africa.

In early September, four U.S. aid workers treating the outbreak in Africa were diagnosed there, and transported back to the U.S. for treatment after falling ill. This case, however, is the first known in which a citizen fell ill and was diagnosed domestically.

Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas officials said in a statement earlier Monday that an unnamed patient was being tested for Ebola and had been placed in "strict isolation" due to the patient's symptoms and recent travel history.

Source: http://www.cnbc.com/id/102037055#.

So, it's only one right now, but tell me this. How many people could he have possibly infected coming through the airport?

I so called this crap. If you haven't started buying plastic, duck tape, and medical masks by now then god help you.

(Move this to off topic if you wish mods, I thought it important enough to qualify for the news section)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

-snip-

Gee thanks that's very kind of you to wish for something like that.

You know because all Americans are terrible and deserve to die in a horrible manner, there totally aren't any normal people here that generally have nothing to do with all the crazy shit that goes on here or elsewhere in the world.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

I think everyone saw that coming.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

Well, this man is going to recover. 

Considering that the previous Americans that contracted this virus have recovered. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Well, this stinks.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Hmmmmmmmmm

Specs are on my profile page

Teach a man to fish and he ends up sticking a screw driver in a turned on power supply seeing if it still works.        #KilledMyWifeWithABomb            Resolution is just a number

It was bound to happen sooner or later. Also, you are at exactly 4200 posts. Divide that by 10 and you get 420. Blaze it.

It has begun!

Look at this news article reporting that deceased Africans from Ebola could have risen from dead.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/ebola-victims-african-village-rise-4320414

That's from the mirror.. If i ran down the street in a clown costume shouting "OBAMA IS EATING A HOUSE" i'd be more credible than that.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

This is less than ideal.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

That's from the mirror.. If i ran down the street in a clown costume shouting "OBAMA IS EATING A HOUSE" i'd be more credible than that.

I know, but someone is going to believe that lol

Here is a more reliable source.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102037055#

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

This is less than ideal.

Indeed

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

It was bound to happen sooner or later. Also, you are at exactly 4200 posts. Divide that by 10 and you get 420. Blaze it.

Would if I had some, especially with this news.

This is less than ideal.

Understatement of the century?

Indeed

Your avatar describes less than idea (the USB plug), this is worse lol

You bastard, you beat me to this news article by like, 5 minutes.

Yep, you´re welcome, and that article said something about 3000 people having died so far in west afrika.. people die faster from murder and the bad healthcare system in the US than they ever will from this :P im sure you will be fine

You summed up part of my point with one sentence. Can I hate you now? 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I live in Dallas..what fuck thought it was a good idea NOT to ground planes/ban air travel on top of bringing the infected back?

I live in Dallas..what fuck thought it was a good idea NOT to ground planes/ban air travel on top of bringing the infected back?

I would say, but I'd likely get called a racist, conspiracy theorist, or some other stream of insults

as long as europe is fine

im vaccinated anyway

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Would if I had some, especially with this news.

Understatement of the century?

Your avatar describes less than idea (the USB plug), this is worse lol

Perhaps "less than ideal" does not properly exclaim the situation, but I am not in panic until there are a few more reports of Ebola victims rising from the dead.