Case airflow

Minty649

Hey guys, so i am looking into buying a new cpu cooler, and its a toss between the Noctua nh d15 and the Corsair h110. So if i was sticking with air cooling i would b able to house up to 5 case fans and hopefully have good airflow. However, if i get the watercooler then i wont be able to have the fans, i will only be able to have 1 exhaust and a front intake. So will the rest of my system be affected by having the watercooler due to no airflow?

Thanks

I personally don't think it would be a big deal to go with the watercooling method with the 2 additional fans. 
You're cooling your CPU via water, and the GPU has a fan on it keeping itself pretty cool (varying depending on the GPU of course).  And the case fans ensure that air is circulating through the case so the GPU isn't floating in its own warm air. 

Generally speaking with most cases, I'd think this is a decent general set up. Just ensure you at least attempt some decent cable managing to assist with air flow.

Hey guys, so i am looking into buying a new cpu cooler, and its a toss between the Noctua nh d15 and the Corsair h110. So if i was sticking with air cooling i would b able to house up to 5 case fans and hopefully have good airflow. However, if i get the watercooler then i wont be able to have the fans, i will only be able to have 1 exhaust and a front intake. So will the rest of my system be affected by having the watercooler due to no airflow?

Thanks

Which case have you got?

It's not like the rest of the system is going to be affected by the radiator as top exhaust (that's where I believe you'll put it) so much that your case is going to get that hotter, it's just going to be more difficult to have a negative pressure but it's definitely achievable.

However, I believe most people will agree that the air cooler solution would be quieter and cheaper, and probably have a better bang for the buck. If you want the most trouble free solution, I'd say go with the NH-D15 (if your case can fit it and your memory is not that high).

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

Which case have you got?

It's not like the rest of the system is going to be affected by the radiator as top exhaust (that's where I believe you'll put it) so much that your case is going to get that hotter, it's just going to be more difficult to have a negative pressure but it's definitely achievable.

However, I believe most people will agree that the air cooler solution would be quieter and cheaper, and probably have a better bang for the buck. If you want the most trouble free solution, I'd say go with the NH-D15 (if your case can fit it and your memory is not that high).

I have a Phanteks enthoo pro full tower case. I want the best cooling performence so I think the h110 is the better of the two

Pure performance, the H110 performed a lil better. 
But the NH-D15 has quieter fans but is ehh a half-step down in cooling performance.  Plus you'll get more reliability and longevity with air cooling in general. 

So the question is how much performance do you want over sound?  If you don't care at all about sound, well by all means get the H110 and crank the fans.  But if you don't mind a few degrees difference, go air cooling with the NH-D15. 

I've personally tried both, as well as watched quite a few video comparisons on YouTube, there's not a huge difference in performance, but I wanted lower noise so I went with an air-cooling rig w/ the CPU cooler in a push-pull configuration and lowered the fans to a few quiet speed.

Pure performance, the H110 performed a lil better. 

But the NH-D15 has quieter fans but is ehh a half-step down in cooling performance.  Plus you'll get more reliability and longevity with air cooling in general. 

So the question is how much performance do you want over sound?  If you don't care at all about sound, well by all means get the H110 and crank the fans.  But if you don't mind a few degrees difference, go air cooling with the NH-D15. 

I've personally tried both, as well as watched quite a few video comparisons on YouTube, there's not a huge difference in performance, but I wanted lower noise so I went with an air-cooling rig w/ the CPU cooler in a push-pull configuration and lowered the fans to a few quiet speed.

I could replace the fans on the h110 if i really wanted to. I really am finding it hard to decide though