My HDD has 155 bad sectors

Garuger

I have a 2.5 HDD and because my electricity was cut of and imidiatly came back ( did a flash sort of ) messed my HDD big time . So i plug it in my desktop and salvaged the files that had remained . Then i run the program Eassos partitionguru and found out that it had 155 bad sectors and i am trying to repair it .However the process is extremly slow ( around 5 ~8 bad sectors per day are repaired ) and i dont know even if i am able to repair that  HDD would it  be reliable in the future .So i end up in 2 final questions 1.Is it worthy to try to repair it and not buy a new one and 2. Is there any program that goes faster than that

Thank you for your time

Grant us the joy of song and dance and ever watch over us in the lonely places in which we must walk - Pray to Bastet

Maybe just use CHKDISK?

Computer Science student proficient in OSX, Linux and Windows

(Dell Inspiron 7570): i5-8550u | Geforce 940MX | 8GB RAM | 128GB SSD | 15.6" 1920x1080 ScreenWindows 10 |

Maybe just use CHKDISK?

I did that it and found no problems . I run 3 difrent programs on HDD Hd tune pro (stoped the analyzing because i took 25 hours to reach 20 GB and the HDD is 350 ) partin guru that repairs as we speak and another one( dont remeber how it was called) and found the HDD equally damaged

Grant us the joy of song and dance and ever watch over us in the lonely places in which we must walk - Pray to Bastet

Same problem here on a baracuda 5400.6. I have done many trys to remove the bad sectors but occasionaly some files pop up the Cyclic Redundancy Check error. I don't care about less drive size just to remove this thing :(

Same problem here on a baracuda 5400.6. I have done many trys to remove the bad sectors but occasionaly some files pop up the Cyclic Redundancy Check error. I don't care about less drive size just to remove this thing :(

What programs you used?

I did that it and found no problems . I run 3 difrent programs on HDD Hd tune pro (stoped the analyzing because i took 25 hours to reach 20 GB and the HDD is 350 ) partin guru that repairs as we speak and another one( dont remeber how it was called) and found the HDD equally damaged

Hmm, I'd say it's not worth fixing because it may cause problems in the future. As long as you don't keep important data on it, I'd just wait for it to recover using your current software. I can't think of a way to speed up the process. 

Computer Science student proficient in OSX, Linux and Windows

(Dell Inspiron 7570): i5-8550u | Geforce 940MX | 8GB RAM | 128GB SSD | 15.6" 1920x1080 ScreenWindows 10 |