Noctua nh d15 vs Corsair h110

Minty649

Hey guys, so i need some help choosing a new cpu cooler for my FX 8350. i have choosen a few:

So really its Air vs Water. I am looking to overclock my CPU, but only to 4.6-4.8ghz at most. If i get the air cooler, then i can have about 5 case fans, 2 exhaust and 3 intake which will give me good airflow hopefully, but if i get the watercooler then i wont be able to house all the fans. So what do i do?

specs:

mobo: Asus sabertooth 990fx r2.0
GPU: R9 280x
CPU: FX 8350
PSU: XFX pro series 750w
HDD: WD 1TB
CPU cooler: Cooler Master hyper evo 212
Case: Phantek enthroo pro
RAM: crucial tactical tracer 2x4gb, 1600

Thanks

The NH-D15 is quieter and more reliable (No change of leaking etc)

The H110 performs slightly better

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

With the watercooler, you can house exhaust fans, they are just on the rad, so no issue. The air cooler will be cheaper and perform about the same. Water cooling give you move room if clearance on say ram is an issue. One won't be necessarily better then the other, performance wise...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

The Noctua might perform slightly worse (very minimal difference) but is quieter and cheaper. Though many find the H100 to look better in your case.

okay thanks guys, i think i might just get the air cooler depending it can handle an overclock.  I have seen the other popular ones like the phanteks and the silverarrow cooler. How do they compare to the noctua?