Windows 9 has an official name: Windows 10?

Dietrichw

Source

Screenshots

VRG_1059.jpg

Microsoft is holding a press event today in San Francisco. They started off by trolling and saying Windows 9 will be "Windows One" but shortly afterwards said that has already been done. After being trolled by Microsoft they confirmed that it will be Windows 10. At the end of the event Microsoft confirmed that Windows 10 will be shipping "later in the year" 2015.

VRG_1062.jpg

VRG_1080.jpg

More info:

•  "Windows 10 will be compatible with all the traditional management systems used today."
  • Microsoft doesn't know how to count (can someone make a Count Dracula from Sesame Street meme)
  • "We want all these Windows 7 users to have the sentiment that yesterday they were driving a first-generation Prius... and now with Windows 10 it's like a Tesla."
  • "It gives the familiarity of Windows 7 with some of the elements of Windows 8."
  • They are showing a lot about the desktop and how it is welcoming to Windows 7 users
  • Multitasking seems very similar to OS X's Expose and Mission Control, which is good as I love those features in OS X
 VRG_1095.jpg 
  • You can now Ctrl+V in command prompt along with many other additions 
  • The Windows 8 Charm bar is still there for Windows 8 users that have touch screens
   VRG_1106.jpg  
  • Start screen in touch mode
VRG_1110.jpg 

• "Starting tomorrow we're going to launch our Windows Insider Program."
  • "We're inviting our enthusiastic fans to evaluate it with us. We know they're a vocal bunch."
VRG_1112.jpg 
  • Windows 10 shipping "later in the year" in 2015.

didn't see that comin...

This is an alpha...this is not a beta. Yeah...and we're running it on production ! [LinusTech & SlickPC]   ~    More Power Than All the Computers in 1999! [Our Servers ^^]

Because 10 devices? Or what?

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

Fucking hell.

Just fuck logic

Xbox ONe and WIndows 10...

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

wut

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

i thought they were just gonna call it windows

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

i thought they were just gonna call it windows

+1 4u

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

hmm...are there 10 kinds/types of windows ...?

This is an alpha...this is not a beta. Yeah...and we're running it on production ! [LinusTech & SlickPC]   ~    More Power Than All the Computers in 1999! [Our Servers ^^]

I can understand why Nvidia decided to skip the 800 series since they were already making the 800M series for mobile devices.

I don't understand the logic here. Probably some gimmicky horseplop like "you can have 10 virtual machines"

why do so many good cases only come in black and white

Jus me or does the co-ordination of presentation seam a bit odd? Just straight into showing off the desktop after talking aboput enterprise, why not talk about the features, whats new etc?

Xbox one - your one device for everything...

Xbox Two your second device for everything!

It was fine if it would have been the first itteration of the product, but it isn't.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Xbox One

One Drive

Come on... We all know what's next 

Windows One

tumblr_mru6wnRNIu1rjjem8o1_250.gif

We all know it's going to be a real thing soon...

Windows 10 huh? I wonder where they got the inspiration for that *cough* OS X *cough*

Microsoft, where subtlety goes to die.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I'm happy with Windows 10 as the name. I'm just super glad they didn't go with something batshit silly like just "Windows" or "The new Windows" as some sites were suggesting.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit