H100i temps to high? or normal?

Hello,

I have a stock i5 4690k, H100i with MX2. What temps should I get with Aida 64 stress test?

I have a fractal core 3500 and 20C ambient temps.

Thanks for the help.

BTW stock fans on the H100i.

....What are your temps....

50~C Aida 64 stock. I left tjt blank so I could see what I should get and not an influenced answer BTW.

50~C Aida 64 stock. I left tjt blank so I could see what I should get and not an influenced answer BTW.

Those temps are fine.

Those temps are fine.

so not lower? All the benches I see are lower...

so not lower? All the benches I see are lower...

It varies by case, fan, mounting pressure, thermal paste, etc. Under stress test from AIDA64 those temps are good.

It varies by case, fan, mounting pressure, thermal paste, etc. Under stress test from AIDA64 those temps are good.

Also if I had an air cooler on an fx 8320 stock and it was getting 50C and this water cooler on 4690k stock and it too is getting ~50C which cooler is better?

Also my mounting screws are loose before I put on the wateeblock corsair told me this is normal... Is this true?

Also if I had an air cooler on an fx 8320 stock and it was getting 50C and this water cooler on 4690k stock and it too is getting ~50C which cooler is better?

Also my mounting screws are loose before I put on the wateeblock corsair told me this is normal... Is this true?

Depends on the air cooler.

The mounting screws being loose is something I can't answer.

The mounting screws need to be loose. Think about how mounting a block works.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

Depends on the air cooler.

The mounting screws being loose is something I can't answer.

Well which cooler would be better both have different temps one on the FX one on the i5.

The mounting screws need to be loose. Think about how mounting a block works.

Okay can you answer the air cooler in FX water on i5? Which one is better they have same temps.

Well which cooler would be better both have different temps one on the FX one on the i5.

I don't know, you're asking me to compare a cooler I know to something up in the air. If you're generalizing then the air cooler because less can go wrong with it.

Lawl. I get 40c under heavy load with the stock cooler on my 8320. Non oc though.

Corsair C70 | Gigabyte Widnforce R9 280x | AMD FX8320 3.5ghz | Corsair 750m | Gigabyte 990FXA-ud3 | Mushkin 120gb SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1tb | Mushkin 16gb ddr3 1333mhz Ram

Okay can you answer the air cooler in FX water on i5? Which one is better they have same temps.

I don't even know what you're trying to say. Depends on the cooler and mounting bracket.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

I don't even know what you're trying to say. Depends on the cooler and mounting bracket.

What I'm saying is a shadow rock 1 gets 50c on FX h100i get 50c i5.

What I'm saying is a shadow rock 1 gets 50c on FX h100i get 50c i5.

Ok thats very good. The H100i is much better.

What is very good?

It is irrelevant to the question and would take me a second to explain for no reason. Why don't you just put the dark rock on and see the temps? Best way to figure it out.

It is irrelevant to the question and would take me a second to explain for no reason. Why don't you just put the dark rock on and see the temps? Best way to figure it out.

Its a SHADOW rock 2, not Dark Rock 2. Also its being used in a PC that I can't access. To make things simpler, if a H100i got 50C on a 4690k stock, what temps would a H100i get on a FX 8320 stock? Would it be more or less than 50?

Its a SHADOW rock 2, not Dark Rock 2. Also its being used in a PC that I can't access. To make things simpler, if a H100i got 50C on a 4690k stock, what temps would a H100i get on a FX 8320 stock? Would it be more or less than 50?

Do you know?

Do you know?

Do I know what? Obviously the H100i  is better but you seem to doubt this because of the temperatures you got. 

You cannot compare temps between an FX8 and an i5.  FX8 doesn't measure temperature from the core, it uses an algorithm that measures from the socket, which is 15C cooler than the cores.  Also, FX processor throttles around 65C while the i5 will throttle around 95, sometimes higher. You just cannot compare the two.

Your temps during Aida for an i5 are perfectly normal. and the H100i is a vastly superior cooler.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Do I know what? Obviously the H100i is better but you seem to doubt this because of the temperatures you got.

Are the temps I'm getting bad? Because you seem to be implying that I'm getting bad temps thus comparing it to a lesser coller...

You cannot compare temps between an FX8 and an i5. FX8 doesn't measure temperature from the core, it uses an algorithm that measures from the socket, which is 15C cooler than the cores. Also, FX processor throttles around 65C while the i5 will throttle around 95, sometimes higher. You just cannot compare the two.

Your temps during Aida for an i5 are perfectly normal. and the H100i is a vastly superior cooler.

How many C would you say, on average, is a H100i better than a shadow rock 2 with an i5 4690k?

Thanks for your input.

Also thanks to the other guy that answered (short term memory :P).

How many C would you say, on average, is a H100i better than a shadow rock 2 with an i5 4690k?

Thanks for your input.

Also thanks to the other guy that answered (short term memory :P).

Hard to say, there are a lot of variables in play.  Fan speed, overclock/voltage, ambient temps, type of case/airflow, etc...

If you want a rough idea, I did a comparison of a Hyper 212 EVO vs. Cooler Master Seidon 240M, which is basically an H100i without mounting problems.

If I had to guess off the top of my head, anywhere from 8-20C.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."