Windows 9 Leaked Video

SeventyPointThree

http://www.ibtimes.com/windows-9-leaked-video-shows-start-menu-cortana-virtual-desktops-1689140

I think the most interesting thing is the ability to create "virtual desktops" and it will allow users to use "Cortana" to complete tasks.  It will be interesting and I'm looking forward to the upgrade.  I'm glad they're bringing back the start menu.

I don't know if i like that or not tbh.

Makes it seem kinda "tablety" 

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Now can this help me do my homework?

Can people seriously stop mentioning that damn thing? Really. We got it already. You can stop sucking the start menu by now..

I don't get the circlejerk either

It's pretty easy to get a nice start menu on Win 8

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

didn't they say its not going to be called "9"

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Oh my god! Will WMicrosoft release two shitty OS one after the other??!!!

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

Refrain from using ibtimes as a source, they arent a news site. They constantly report on gta glitches xD

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Don't judge an os by its cover

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

I don't get the circlejerk either

It's pretty easy to get a nice start menu on Win 8

IMO, Metro is just so mean easier for me. I know where everything is..it doesn't move.. I can just click the Windows key and click what I want saving me so much time.

Yes Sir!

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

People have been doing that for a while now with 8, lol.

Now can this help me do my homework?

Can people seriously stop mentioning that damn thing? Really. We got it already. You can stop sucking the start menu by now..

I never really cared that it was gone.  It took me a couple days to become "efficient" at moving around windows 8

People have been doind that for a while now with 8, lol.

Windows 8 is not that bad...its just...you know...shitty....just joking xD but well Windows 8 is actually good but i already had a win 7 key so thats why i'm not gonna purchase it..maybe windows 9 if it makes me go "wow".

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

I hope they don't break the cycle of a good and a bad OS.

95 was good. 98 was bad because of copywrite issues(although not bad to use), 2000 was good, ME was bad. XP was fantastic, Vista was awful, 7 was great, 8/8.1 is bad for most usage scenarios without tweaks

can we get somethnig that works out of the box for both windows desktops and tablets, and even hybrids?

So this is like multiple desktops in Linux, Linuxforthewin.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

can we get somethnig that works out of the box for both windows desktops and tablets, and even hybrids?

I think that's the problem. They triy to make something that can work on all platform without really focussing on the PC experience. Trying to merge the PC and the Tablet is a bad idea. Hopefully, they will resolve it with the version 9.

I think that's the problem. They triy to make something that can work on all platform without really focussing on the PC experience. Trying to merge the PC and the Tablet is a bad idea. Hopefully, they will resolve it with the version 9.

I think that it needs to have a distinct but natural experience between the touch and non touch devices(actually as apple does) and they need to work together well.

and of course a hybrid experience for touch and mouse devices.

Am I the only one who likes it without the startmenu? I hope I get the option to choose..

been waiting for multi desktop's in windows for years.. always wondered why they never included it as even an option...

This is one of the main reasons I started using Linux (well, ubuntu) @ school on my laptop lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Bringing back the start menu is such a dumb idea. The start menu has been obsolete even when used in XP when you got vertical shortcut windows, taller than your monitors resolution, and then had to use small black arrows to scroll up and down. Vista kinda solved that, but just reinforced the obsoletion of the start menu. Again you had all your sofware represented in a tiny box, only taking up 15-20% of the entire screen realestate. Absolutety stupid, as it severely hindered a proper overview of the start menus content.

I remember going from Windows 3.11 to 95, when the star menu was introduced. It made sense back then, with small hdd's, low resolution, little installed software, and no internet. But now, it's a relic of a past century. The start menu should have died with XP, and Vista should have gotten something new. Now we are at Windows 9, and this useless, impractical crap is being reinstated? I hope you can deactivate the start menu and get the win 8.1 style overview back. Win 8.1 can still be improved in some areas, but I can live with it, if the alternative is an obsolete 90's start menu.

Congratulations, you whiny morons persuaded MS go take a huge leap backwards. I'm sure PC master race will benefit from even more people going to Apple, and get a console for gaming.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Am I the only one who likes it without the startmenu? I hope I get the option to choose..

We do, which is great. The start scren can be a lot more convenient and comfortable than the tiny old menu as long as you know how to... you know, drag and drop icons (or tiles, same difference), something that so many people these days just seem to be unable to grasp...

Bringing back the start menu is such a dumb idea. The start menu has been obsolete even when used in XP when you got vertical shortcut windows, taller than your monitors resolution, and then had to use small black arrows to scroll up and down. Vista kinda solved that, but just reinforced the obsoletion of the start menu. Again you had all your sofware represented in a tiny box, only taking up 15-20% of the entire screen realestate. Absolutety stupid, as it severely hindered a proper overview of the start menus content.

I remember going from Windows 3.11 to 95, when the star menu was introduced. It made sense back then, with small hdd's, low resolution, little installed software, and no internet. But now, it's a relic of a past century. The start menu should have died with XP, and Vista should have gotten something new. Now we are at Windows 9, and this useless, impractical crap is being reinstated? I hope you can deactivate the start menu and get the win 8.1 style overview back. Win 8.1 can still be improved in some areas, but I can live with it, if the alternative is an obsolete 90's start menu.

This. All of it. I don't get why people want that thing back so badly. 90% of the PC users I know didn't even use the god damned thing. It was so impractical that damn near everyone had their desktops and taskbars chock-full of shortcuts. Now we get a decent, customizable app launcher with a whole lot of space for us to organize stuff however the heck we want unlike the old menu, and all the morons complain about it! It boggles my mind. ._.

I was so effing happy when I saw that Win9 video where they showed an option to either use the start menu or the start screen. You morons can go back to your tiny little non-optimal list of fucking folders and sub-folders organized arbitrarily. I prefer to have a neat place where I can dump all of my desktop clutter, organize it however the heck I want, and which I can bring up with a stroke of a key.