CS: GO Help please?

Jigsyy

Okai dudes, i've just finished downloading CS: GO from Steam and every time I launch the game, It just goes to a black screen. I thought closing it and opening it would help but once I pressed Alt+Tab (to get to the desktop), a popup appeared saying "This program needs Steam" which confused me quite a bit since I opened it from Steam...

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :D

Verify integrity?

There's a lot you didn't say there. You need to elaborate more.

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

also might need to shut down steam completely and start it again, bugs out some times

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

I believe there are a few problems with resolutions in CS:GO currently.

Try this:

Go into Steam, right click CS:GO, go to Properties, click Set Launch Options, and there, you will need to type in two things.

Now, first you have to know your monitor's resolution. So, if your monitor's resolution is 1920x1080 or 1080p, you will have to type: -w 1920 -h 1080

If your resolution is 720p or 1280x720, you will have to type: -w 1280 -h 720

I think you got it. Try this and see if it works!

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkbXLBtxk2Q

or

This should now be fixed. If you have used Steam beta recently, you may have to specifically opt-in back to the beta and force updating to the latest Steam beta. Then it should work.

If still no go, you can try forcing 32bit version (adding -force32 to startup options in properties of 3DMark 11)

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

Verify integrity?

There's a lot you didn't say there. You need to elaborate more.

What else should I tell you? That's all i've seen, nothing else.

It might happened that your family used illegal Steam games. They tend to " hide" steam from the game so the cracked game can run.

if that is the case, uninstall the pirated game, and restart  the PC.

Probably not your problem but my friend had this and it was due to a missing registry in his Windows. This is a big problem though because csgo likes to black screen on a lot of computers. Try everything is all I can tell you, but don't reinstall Windows like we had to. Although, if you're on 8 and haven't gone 8.1 yet it might fix the problem.

What else should I tell you? That's all i've seen, nothing else.

Does it go black screen with sound or without sound?

Did you try hitting the spacebar a couple of times during that?

And, what are your system specs? and current VGA driver version in use?

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."