Project Minivalidus an X99 NCASE Build.

d33g33

I'm in a real funk about which monitor to get for this PC.

AOC have 1440p Ultrawide that uses the LG panel for $950, or you can get a Dell 27" IPS 4k panel for $899. Really not sure which way to go. 

I think that it ultimately comes to the form factor you would like to use...

The issues with scaling in windows are going to be an issue... yes... But it might not be the case anymore when Windows 9 comes around, erm sorry I meant W10... Silly Microsoft.

With Games if you can't run them in 4k you'll be able to game in 1080p no problem, but the other screen, if you do that, you'll either have a weird aspect ratio, or distortion or space left unused on the screen...

I would personally go with the Dell 4k as the budget you have set fits the screen quite well, and I'd have to imagine that working on such a huge resolution would be a dream.

That French guy who lives in the Netherlands and speaks German.

I'm in a real funk about which monitor to get for this PC.

AOC have 1440p Ultrawide that uses the LG panel for $950, or you can get a Dell 27" IPS 4k panel for $899. Really not sure which way to go.

I would only go with the 4k display if you had a better card or planned to SLI.

The card isn't strong enough for 4k gaming but it should be fine for 4k desktop (which would be nice) and then knock it back to 1440p or 1080p for games.

That's my thought process anyway.

People that have used the Ultrawide have found that there is a lot of native support for ultrawide resolutions. It's likely the 980 would struggle at 1440p widescreen in some games at which I could knock back to 1080p widescreen.

There's room to move in both configs.

Hmm still not sure either way.

Nice pics and great looking case!

Thanks for the words, goes a long way coming from your standards. Hopefully when I have the new place with a seamless background and consistent lighting things will look a bit better.

Love the NCASE. ;)

Unless you meant the test bench in which case, it's very raw :)

Just some pictures of the Test Bench :) This is just the raw cut Delrin, it will get a coat of plastidip shortly.

Damn, that is one sweet-looking contruction, shame about the damage though.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

The card isn't strong enough for 4k gaming but it should be fine for 4k desktop (which would be nice) and then knock it back to 1440p or 1080p for games.

That's my thought process anyway.

People that have used the Ultrawide have found that there is a lot of native support for ultrawide resolutions. It's likely the 980 would struggle at 1440p widescreen in some games at which I could knock back to 1080p widescreen.

There's room to move in both configs.

Hmm still not sure either way.

I've heard using non-native resolutions doesn't look very nice. I don't actually understand how that could possibly be true and not just fairy-dust-snorting, but it might be worth considering.

I think widescreen 1440p is where it's at, but that's partly because I believe in gradients. We're not at 4k yet so why try to be? It's more of a philosophical thought than a practical one.

I wonder if this would fit in the M1 ...

It would but then it comes around to what block you are using. You can go 60mm thick but you need very slim block and fittings.

Spoiler, my M1 is getting dual 240's

"Damaged test bench"

A damn shame, sorry to hear it.

Well it'l build some character :P 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

while its stepping up in voltage people are reporting little *chirps* it literally sounds like a bird chirping

That actually doesn't sound bad based on the video, but if it reflects a problem then it would be annoying.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

DOA Testing Complete :)

Hope that doesn't mean dead on arrival

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!

It does, but its OK, everything is A-OK

It would suck if something was dead 

I've had a few DOA's in my time, 2 motherboards, I had a CPU that was DOA, try troubleshoot that was a PITA, heaps or ram

wow unlucky

KwXvacZ.jpg

Just knocked in a quick OC on the 980 Strix, gotta say, i'm impressed.

Both my GTX670 and 780Ti had coil whine like a bitch, this card is SO QUIET and its on an open test bench right next to me.

I'll probably leave it here for now +200 on the core no over voltage, 125% TDP, will experiment more once its on water.

kcamJJL.jpg

1518 mhz?

Nice

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

KwXvacZ.jpg

Well... I'm happy...

tkueis.png

http://valid.canardpc.com/tkueis

I've actually had to dial back cores 3 and 4 to 4.8ghz maintaining cores 1 and 2 at 5.0ghz @ 1.3v for stable. I'm still really happy about that.

Synthetics are pushing cores to 85-87 degrees but after delidding and lapping that should bring temps down, if it does, MOAR VOLTS and hopefully stable @ 5.0ghz on all 4 cores. I'm OK up to 1.35vcore but the H100i cant cool anymore than it currently is.