Project Minivalidus an X99 NCASE Build.

d33g33

I'm curious to see how it'll mount. Leaving plenty to the imagination with that CPU bracket. :o

Sorry to ask again, but will that bare metal be painted over? xD

I... I like seeing things painted. 

Just like normal, I just added plate to widen the mounting holes

post-28719-0-40764700-1447132086.png

TBH I light the raw aluminium look, I might take the rad back to bare metal and just clear coat it.

joking...

Pulled out the rattlecan to touch up some of the work i've been doing.

First up was the radiator, unfortunately so much work has knocked the fins around a bit but nothing you'll see when it's all together. I might still throw some paint over the fins yet.

6Gr7gC4.jpg

sguJQir.jpg

The modified AMD CPU mount got the same treatment.

gox1L4o.jpg

I also put the EK heatspreaders on the memory, gee they look good...

e0doPfW.jpg

qW84t9t.jpg

Waiting 1 delivery and then I should almost be ready to power this thing back up. Fingers crossed it posts...

Oh some glams with the dimms populated :)

JU8SMx4.jpg

S76Pqbq.jpg

The ASrock X99e-ITX/ac "black and bling' edition

biy7k8f.jpg

nice :) ... but I think I would prefer the black and flat Silverstone cables : /

I guess each to their own. Pity with that the 24pin is too short, and every other cable is way to long though...

looking good

Thanks mate!

Well,

we're pretty damn close.

MjKeTsL.jpg

That looks really, really nice but EEWWW that 24 pin cable >.< Is there no way to route it to continue under the PSU and make a right angle at the top right of the board or something?

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

That looks really, really nice but EEWWW that 24 pin cable >.< Is there no way to route it to continue under the PSU and make a right angle at the top right of the board or something?

The photo was just when everything was placed in the cables for the 24pin route horizxontal then vertical with the PSU and then horizontal again to the 24pin. Light a zigzag.

If it makes you feel any better, this is a potato picture what you'll see of it.

post-28719-0-24699800-1448236757.jpg

Yes that does make it look better c: Vey nice build though, shame it has to come to an end soon... Restart the build log when you get a new graphics card?

Broadwell-E and Pascal are definitely on the cards for this build. Hopefully I can go high end Broadwell-E and then just concurrently update the GPU as years go on, I want to keep this for a LAN rig and start attending more events. I'll update this log but not create a new one.

Also i've started designing the new project. Lots of things to[ figure out but it should be a lot easier than this build.

Good lord, save me. Im almost 100% done with this build. And done as in I can take no more of it done, not yay its almost finished done.

So I sat down tonight to get all the hardline done, making a good start and them bam, another issue. Essentially the 90degree fittings I have are for a smaller diameter tube,

I just want to play some games!

Probably take the easy road and just go flexible tube...

NOOOOOOO!!!!

You actually motivated me.

So the Tube I have is 1/2", the normal fitting I have are 13mm so thats sweet. The angled fittings I have is 12mm. Ugh.

PETG is only available  in 1/2" or 14mm for me. Ill get some angle adapter and just use the 13mm straight fittings I guess. There will be a fitting mismatch for a while, But i'll likely be redoing a fair bit when I swap GPUs anyway...

Also, NO CHANCE those QDCs will fit in here. hahaha

I THINK THAT BUILD IS GONNA BE VERY INTERESTING !!!!!!!!!! KEEP GOING

I've just been silently following the build and damn, has this one had the most ups and downs :D

Keep it up though cause no doubt many people are excited to see the finished product!

CPU: i7 6700K @ 4.8GHz | MOBO: Asus Maximus Gene VIII | GPU: EVGA 1080 SC | CASE: Silverstone TJ08-E | COOLER: Phanteks TC14PE | RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury | STORAGE: 250GB/1TB Samsung 850 Evo, XP941 256GB | PSU: 850W Seasonic X | MONITOR: Acer XB271HU | AUDIO OUT: Audio Technica M50X, AudioEngine D1 | AUDIO IN: Ant Lion Modmic 4.0 | KEYBOARD: CM Storm TK Brown | MOUSE: Corsiar M65 RGB

So, I'm writing this from the NCASE right now. The pump is kinda not ideal but for now, its fine.

I'm 30minutes into a OCCT, AVX Linpack on, max temp? 48 degrees. This thing is working!

All stock of course, i'll dial the OC back in shortly I was running 4.4ghz on all 6 cores on the H100, I don't see why that wouldn't be achievable again.

All good people! thanks for hanging in there with me!

So Old OC applied again, 4.4ghz on all 6 @ 1.325v (might be able to dial back I can't remember) and +150mhz on the GPU core.

Ran Real Bench for a test, but have run OCCT and 3D mark and results are the same.

Considering I have an ambient of around 30+ degrees at the moment and the pump is barely flowing water. I'll call this a solid effort.

post-28719-0-54830100-1448840691_thumb.j

• 3 weeks later...

I really don't want this to finish. It was really interesting. :c

Will go through a Pascal refresh, though if you think this was interesting, stay tuned for the next build. Its already turning out to be epic!

• 3 weeks later...
Not much of an update but...

Here we have 2 acrylic tubes and 1 PETG tube. You can tell the difference between PETG and Acrylic, the PETG looks much cloudier to my eyes but people say its a lot easier to work with...

1lCER04.jpg

Notice anything?

How about now?

jC6vwIZ.jpg

HOW ABOUT NOW!?

KXt1cZs.jpg

I was worred the UV would have that bluish tinge through it that you see sometimes but in all honesty, you can't tell at all unless you're looking at a cut edge the natural UV gives it a slight hue.

Should look great with my UV Mayhems.

this looks so good and it's gonna be even better!

May the light have your back and your ISO low.