Computer starts to lag

XxTreyPxX

So here's the problem.. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

My computer sometimes gets laggy/glitchy. I mainly use my pc for media, (but I game sometimes too) I hook it up to my Vizio HDTV via hdmi.

So I notice after a while of watching movies, TV shows, whatever, the sound starts to bug out. Intermittently the audio starts having these noises, like somethings going wrong. They sound like robotic noises, electronic.

I also use Google Chrome on the heavy sometimes, having 30+ tabs. I notice that sometimes when I wake my computer and everything opens up my various YouTube videos are laggy. Just like low frames in a game. As well as any other video I play from thereon, whether it's on the Internet or a media file on my pc. Audio lag is present.

I rarely turn off my computer, I usually put it to sleep when I go to bed.

All/any of these problems are inevitable after a a couple days or so. And the only way to fix them is to restart.

Some additional information:

I once had a corrupt OS and had to reinstall Windows.

I've run into "no audio" issues through HDMI, while hooked up to my HDTV.

My system is over clocked to 4.2ghz formerly 4.6. I ran into an issue, after running the 4.6 clock just fine for over a year, where not all my cores were functioning properly, don't remember too many details about that, just that it turned out I had to turn the overclock down, cause I couldn't boot without bluescreen otherwise.

One more thing, if it's food for thought that might help, I think it has something to do with either my cpu, or ram. Or maybe even my sound card.

But I really don't know.

This might be important

Cpu: 3570k

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77X-UP4TH

RAM: 16GB

GPU: 7970

Case: Switch 810

Storage :1tb WD Black &256 Samsung 840 pro

PSU: Corsair AX-850

Display(s): BenQ XL2420T & vizio hdtv

Cooling: Thermaltake water 2.0

Keyboard: Logitech G710+

Mouse: Razer NAGA 2014

Sound: ASUS Xonar Essence STX

Operating System: Windows 7 64 bit

PC Part Picker URL http://pcpartpicker.com/p/mzqcBm

How's your RAM? How much do you have? EDIT: You posted spec while I was writing this, RAM seems fine to me ;P It's not the specs.

Might be a virus/stupid program/adware. I suggest running a scan using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and AdwCleaner. Also let CCleaner run to clean up temporary files. <- That should already fix some stuff :)

// TODO: Update signature to include PC buid.

Scan for virusus as the guy above me said and try to run the PC without the soundcard.

Edit: shit I didn't realise his name is actually TheGuy :o

I had Norton 360 for a while, would run that every few days. Now i have Avast. I also run cc every couple of weeks. so i don't believe that has anything to do with it.
Also, my hdmi is not hooked up to my sound card, i think that makes a difference.. but i'm not sure.

Gonna run malwarebytes, and will get back to the thread after.

[troll]A friend of mine had the same issue, the solution for him was to switch off his computer instead of putting it in sleep-mode[/troll]

Yeah do a check for viruses and CCleaner, and maybe as I advised my friend, lose these couple seconds, and maybe turn off your computer a little more often.

Hope this helps,

Cheers.

That French guy who lives in the Netherlands and speaks German.

Hope this helps...

Only time that I have ever really come across things like that are with a failing or underpowered PSU... Issues come when the components can't draw sufficient power. That or could be a loose connection, worth while making sure that everything is clean and seated properly! :) Just my 5 pence worth, hope that you get it sorted!

NB: I saw that you've got a fairly solid PSU so it's unlikely but thought it was worth a mention.

If you run audio through video card, crashing drivers are most likely the reason of audio issues. Try using either earlier version or beta version if available.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv